Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early days but our front 3 already looks better than last season 11:19 - Aug 7 with 979 viewsDarth_Koont

A lot of credit so far this season goes to the front 3 of Ladapo, Harness and Chaplin with John-Jules, Aluko and Jackson challenging (and possibly John-Jules replacing Chaplin or Harness soon).

They're a bit stuttery which was a problem throughout the whole of last season. But they're a new constellation and can get more clinical and used to each other.

However their pace, energy and movement and higher up the pitch looks a lot better than last year. And perhaps explains how we seem to be creating a lot more space and scoring opportunities for the team.

Of course, it's only a couple of games so way too early to tell for sure. But encouraging signs that along with the LWB problem we might be resolving the attacking issues of last season. Our attack almost entirely revolved around whether the Burns/Donacien combo was working or not, yet so far we've not needed it anything like as much – and arguably should have had 2 wins from 2.

Pronouns: He/Him

Early days but our front 3 already looks better than last season on 12:02 - Aug 7 with 857 viewsRyorry

Forget the politics & stick to football DK, I always enjoy your analysis of games :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Early days but our front 3 already looks better than last season on 12:07 - Aug 7 with 832 viewsJ2BLUE

You're not allowed to say nice things about the front 3.

You just have to keep posting about how we lack goals and will finish mid table.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Early days but our front 3 already looks better than last season on 12:07 - Aug 7 with 830 viewsDarth_Koont

Early days but our front 3 already looks better than last season on 12:02 - Aug 7 by Ryorry

Forget the politics & stick to football DK, I always enjoy your analysis of games :)

Ha! Thanks, I suppose.

Although I do the same thing with both football and politics: drop the narratives and the stories we tell ourselves, and try to see how it really is.

Early days but our front 3 already looks better than last season on 12:09 - Aug 7 with 806 viewsRyorry

Early days but our front 3 already looks better than last season on 12:07 - Aug 7 by Darth_Koont

Ha! Thanks, I suppose.

Although I do the same thing with both football and politics: drop the narratives and the stories we tell ourselves, and try to see how it really is.

Yeah, but you're good at the football ones ;)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Early days but our front 3 already looks better than last season on 12:11 - Aug 7 with 797 viewsDarth_Koont

Early days but our front 3 already looks better than last season on 12:09 - Aug 7 by Ryorry

Yeah, but you're good at the football ones ;)

Nah, I'm good at both. You just don't like what I say about our politics.

Early days but our front 3 already looks better than last season on 12:22 - Aug 7 with 747 viewsDarth_Koont

Early days but our front 3 already looks better than last season on 12:07 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

You're not allowed to say nice things about the front 3.

You just have to keep posting about how we lack goals and will finish mid table.

It's early days so there's time for that! And I think we'll drop unnecessary points if we have to create so many chances to win games.

But yeah, there have been a few strange reactions to our new players and a new attack. The pressing and defending from the front have been a lot different so far, but so has the way they've created space and chances for themselves and others.

Feels like a move in the right direction with room to get even better. Ditto Davis/Leigh on the left – even without playing individually all that well, we already seem a better-balanced team.

Early days but our front 3 already looks better than last season on 12:32 - Aug 7 with 671 viewsX0Y0

Broadly agree, plus it looks like we've still got at least another couple of gears to work through.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024