Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Colchester? 11:41 - Aug 7 with 2337 viewspointofblue

Admission time, I’ve come to love the mass changes made by every team for the first round of the Carabao Cup - not sure why, think it could be because it feels like the season is getting into it’s stride?

Anyway, line up for the Colchester tie - I presume we’ll be making wholesale changes.

Hladky - Ndaba, Burgess, Leigh - Vincent-Young, Ball, El Mizouni, Edwards - Aluko - John-Jules, Jackson

Humphreys for Ball if he isn’t fit?

ETA - Originally forgot about Edwards!
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 12:10]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team for Colchester? on 11:46 - Aug 7 with 2287 viewsPrrrromotionGiven

Suits us greatly to start the likes of John-Jules, Leigh, Ball, Edwards etc. in the cups and see if they can stake a claim on a starting spot (though Leigh arguably has already)
Team for Colchester? on 11:49 - Aug 7 with 2260 viewsHighgateBlue

Team for Colchester? on 11:46 - Aug 7 by PrrrromotionGiven

Suits us greatly to start the likes of John-Jules, Leigh, Ball, Edwards etc. in the cups and see if they can stake a claim on a starting spot (though Leigh arguably has already)

Yes, and the fact that we're now allowed more subs in league games can inform KMac on who he wants to see more of in a starting role in cups. This is all pretty helpful for clubs like ours with relatively big squads and relatively good strength in depth.
Team for Colchester? on 11:56 - Aug 7 with 2205 viewsFrimleyBlue

I think we will see a few changes but can see KM keeping the majority of Saturdays team included too.
What's best in the third game... get those game time that haven't had it.. or keep some involved who are new so they continue to get more minutes. I.e davis

I'm gonna go
Hladky

Kvy
Wolfenden
Ndaba

Burns
Ball
Evans
Davis

Aluko
Harness
JJ
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 12:02]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Team for Colchester? on 12:00 - Aug 7 with 2185 viewsSharkey

I should imagine Ladapo will want some involvement, at least from the bench.
Team for Colchester? on 12:02 - Aug 7 with 2185 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure I want us to risk Aluko in the cup. We need his quality for the league. If he is able to play more then play him more where it counts.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Team for Colchester? on 12:04 - Aug 7 with 2132 viewsFrimleyBlue

Team for Colchester? on 12:02 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

Not sure I want us to risk Aluko in the cup. We need his quality for the league. If he is able to play more then play him more where it counts.

Imo we need to get through a few rounds of these cups if we can. The more games available the easier it'll be to keep everyone match fresh and happy.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Team for Colchester? on 12:12 - Aug 7 with 2109 viewspointofblue

Could be we play Edwards in a front three with Jackson and John-Jules, with Penney at LWB? Aluko on the bench.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team for Colchester? on 12:13 - Aug 7 with 2102 viewsjayessess

Yeah, definitely up for wholesale changes, especially now we've had a win. Got players who need minutes, players we want to see putting a case for first team, players we want in the shop window.

But also want us to compete. I always thought our inability to get performances out of our fringe players reflected badly on Cook. We need to take it more seriously, regardless of who we put out.

For me:
Hladky
Donacien Edmundson Ndaba
KVY Harper Humphreys Leigh
Edwards Jackson TJJ

I'd guess Stewart, Hughes the main kids we'd look at?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Colchester? on 12:55 - Aug 7 with 1938 viewsbelgablue

I read on the chat yesterday that Ndaba was injured? Would like to see him start if not, as well as Humphreys and JJ.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Team for Colchester? on 13:19 - Aug 7 with 1846 viewsitfcjoe

Ditto for me, he’s someone who is going to play in every league game this season one way or another, don’t need to get minutes into his legs when we have games Saturday and Tuesday next week

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Team for Colchester? (n/t) on 13:23 - Aug 7 with 1798 viewstractorboy1978

Definitely a game for Humphreys and one or two other youngsters.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 13:25]
Team for Colchester? on 14:52 - Aug 7 with 1563 viewsIpswichKnight

Team for Colchester? on 12:13 - Aug 7 by jayessess

Yeah, definitely up for wholesale changes, especially now we've had a win. Got players who need minutes, players we want to see putting a case for first team, players we want in the shop window.

But also want us to compete. I always thought our inability to get performances out of our fringe players reflected badly on Cook. We need to take it more seriously, regardless of who we put out.

For me:
Hladky
Donacien Edmundson Ndaba
KVY Harper Humphreys Leigh
Edwards Jackson TJJ

I'd guess Stewart, Hughes the main kids we'd look at?

The midfield looks a bit weak to me, might still play one of Morsy or Evans unless Ball is fit then I’d look to fit him in with Humphreys.
Team for Colchester? on 15:06 - Aug 7 with 1530 viewsPioneerBlue

Hladky
KVY Harper Burgess Leigh
Ball Humphries
Edwards - Aluko - John-Jules
Jackson

Assume we are looking to loan - El Mizouni, he could fill for Ball if not fit. With Wolf likely back at weekend we might see 1 other defender given some minutes. I don’t think Morsy likes not being part of games either, he might get minutes. I could see a few others getting some game minutes, Davis, Harness and Ladapo.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Team for Colchester? on 15:20 - Aug 7 with 1499 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'd like to see us unchanged to build momentum.

It won't happen, but that's what I'd like to see.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Team for Colchester? on 15:22 - Aug 7 with 1494 viewsTrequartista

Team for Colchester? on 15:20 - Aug 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not convinced you lose momentum not playing in a midweek League Cup game anymore than if there were no midweek game at all like last week. We have plenty of players who need more minutes on the pitch,

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Team for Colchester? on 15:31 - Aug 7 with 1457 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Team for Colchester? on 15:22 - Aug 7 by Trequartista

Not convinced you lose momentum not playing in a midweek League Cup game anymore than if there were no midweek game at all like last week. We have plenty of players who need more minutes on the pitch,

Just my preference.

Allows the team more practice together, can only be a good thing at this stage of the season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Team for Colchester? on 17:16 - Aug 7 with 1319 viewsBlueBoots

Assuming Ball is now ready, and Woolf and Harper aren't both still puking out of both ends...

Hladky
El Miz - Woolf - Ndaba
KVY - Ball - Harper - Leigh
Aluko - TJJ
Jackson

If any of Ball, Woolf and Ndaba aren't ready, have a rejig and bring in Burgess, Penney or Edwards. 9 subs, so get a few kids on the bench too.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Team for Colchester? on 10:19 - Aug 8 with 1003 viewsPioneerBlue

Team for Colchester? on 15:20 - Aug 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don’t disagree. It will be interesting to see how KMcK approaches the cups, certain rotation but it might not be wholesale.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Team for Colchester? on 12:54 - Aug 8 with 832 viewsitfc_bucks

Hladky
Ndaba - Wolfie - Burgess
KVY - Ball - Harper - Leigh
Edwards - Jackson - TJJ

Leigh must start, Ball (if fit) needs the minutes. I'd be looking to get Cameron in early in the second half.

Aluko needs to be saved for the league.
Team for Colchester? on 12:59 - Aug 8 with 799 viewsSTYG

Team for Colchester? on 13:19 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

Ditto for me, he’s someone who is going to play in every league game this season one way or another, don’t need to get minutes into his legs when we have games Saturday and Tuesday next week

Argument for match sharpness, goals, assists and confidence surely though?

I know he's 33 but he's hardly looking like 70 minutes tomorrow would stop him from being able to contribute for 30 minutes on Saturday.

I'd go

Hladky
Edwards Vincent-Young Burgess Ndaba Leigh
Ball Humphries
Aluko Jackson John-Jules

Wolf instead of Burgess for 60 or so if he is back from illness
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 13:12]
Team for Colchester? (n/t) on 13:05 - Aug 8 with 783 viewsBondiBlue

Team for Colchester? (n/t) on 13:23 - Aug 7 by tractorboy1978

Definitely a game for Humphreys and one or two other youngsters.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 13:25]

If we don't play humphreys in this one, i'm going to start moaning about how the yanks don't understand our values and ashton hates the academy etc etc. And i really don't want to start moaning already - it's only august.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Team for Colchester? on 13:23 - Aug 8 with 715 viewsTomTheWriter

Hladky

KVY
Woolfenden
Burgess
Leigh

Ball
Humphreys

Edwards
Aluko
TJJ

Jackson

Play the second string. Give Woolfy 60 minutes after missing Saturday. If Ball is out, then El Miz in the middle. Put people like Ladapo, Chaplin, Burns on the bench as they will want to open their goal scoring account, as well as Stewart, Chirewa. If Ball is fit, then El Miz. If ball isn’t, then maybe Morsy on the bench as an assurance

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024