Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? 13:06 - Aug 7 with 1360 viewsIllinoisblue

From their report on the Fulham v Liverpool game yesterday:

“One game into the new season they are already playing catch-up, but should Liverpool fans be worried?“

I guess it’s technically true but ffs. One game in and not even every team has played a game yet. It’s lazy and stupid writing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 13:13 - Aug 7 with 1278 viewsNthQldITFC

What I can't stand is the modern audio commentary style, where the commentator puts on this fake breathless, overcome with excitement style for the most mundane of goals or throw-ins or something. There's a lass on the national BBC reports who is the worst for it. Jeff.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 13:13 - Aug 7 with 1275 viewsstrikalite

That's the downside to all this media coverage now, there never used to be so much scrutiny...

The league tables never used to go up until after three games did they, that says something..
When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 13:21 - Aug 7 with 1220 viewsIllinoisblue

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 13:13 - Aug 7 by strikalite

That's the downside to all this media coverage now, there never used to be so much scrutiny...

The league tables never used to go up until after three games did they, that says something..

It’s a race to the bottom in pursuit of clicks. It’s exhausting at times. And you’re right about the league tables, think it was 3 or maybe even 6 games in before you’d see those.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 16:07 - Aug 7 with 972 viewsjontysnut

Lineker talked about the battle for European places after one match.
When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 16:35 - Aug 7 with 922 viewsNBVJohn

It’s because they want to goad you into phoning 6.06 at a premium rate for an intellectually challenged discussion with the bastions of nuanced debate that are Robbie Savage and Chris Sutton.
When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 16:38 - Aug 7 with 908 viewsFrimleyBlue

Best one was during the highlights. " Liverpools title hopes dealt a major blow today#

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 17:00 - Aug 7 with 854 viewsstonojnr

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 13:21 - Aug 7 by Illinoisblue

It’s a race to the bottom in pursuit of clicks. It’s exhausting at times. And you’re right about the league tables, think it was 3 or maybe even 6 games in before you’d see those.

they were never official but people still published them, so what was the point in not making them official ?

its the context that counts thats the part the commentator/pundit should be adding to explain to the listener viewer.

unfortunately the modern broadcasting style is as Lord Selvey explained after he was unceremoniously dumped on TMS for not adopting this approach, that every moment you commentate on has to be delivered as if its an event.

So his gripe was he was being asked in a 6 ball over of a test match to treat every ball bowled as if it was the game changing ball of the century, and not just another ball.

copy/paste/replicate that across the rest of the Beebs (and Sky are guilty of it too) sport output and you get them treating throwins, goal kicks, corners as ground shattering moments in a season.

frankly it must be exhausting to have to commentate like that but until people switch off, theyll keep doing it
When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 17:12 - Aug 7 with 828 viewsJ2BLUE

Nothing wrong with that. It's just a starting point for a discussion. Sometimes I need to start a topic like this for the work Facebook group.

Before Liverpool had even played a game I was asking if they would miss Mane who scored on his Bundesliga debut.

You're taking it too seriously.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 17:18 - Aug 7 with 804 viewsFrimleyBlue

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 17:12 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

Nothing wrong with that. It's just a starting point for a discussion. Sometimes I need to start a topic like this for the work Facebook group.

Before Liverpool had even played a game I was asking if they would miss Mane who scored on his Bundesliga debut.

You're taking it too seriously.

J2. You do mention a fair bit that there negative posters.

Are you possibly taking them to seriously? Aren't their posts a starting point for a discussion?

Waka waka eh eh

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 17:22 - Aug 7 with 785 viewsBlueToad

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 13:13 - Aug 7 by strikalite

Now there's a blast from the past. You're absolutely right, tables not published until 3 games played.

Had forgotten about that !!

Edit ** - pre Internet era. Tables published in the newspapers of course 😉
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 17:24]

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 17:25 - Aug 7 with 751 viewsJ2BLUE

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 17:18 - Aug 7 by FrimleyBlue

J2. You do mention a fair bit that there negative posters.

Are you possibly taking them to seriously? Aren't their posts a starting point for a discussion?

Yes, some of them.

There are people who are relentlessly negative and go looking for every negative and that's what annoys me.

Maybe i'm being unfair or reading your posts wrong but it seems you love being a contrarian for the sake of it and always look for negatives first.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 17:35 - Aug 7 with 711 viewsFrimleyBlue

When did the BBC’s sports coverage become so hysterical? on 17:25 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

Yes, some of them.

There are people who are relentlessly negative and go looking for every negative and that's what annoys me.

Maybe i'm being unfair or reading your posts wrong but it seems you love being a contrarian for the sake of it and always look for negatives first.

No no. I try to balanced. I can see why you'd think it. But I look at football with an open mind similar to how I can see KM and managers in general looking at games.
It's too easy to follows games and just be happy, but for town to flourish the negatives of games need to be recognised, worked on and removed from future games. There's absolutely plenty of positive threads after a game which I get involved in, but I don't see the harm in bringing in a bit of realism by discussing the areas which weren't so good.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024