Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week 15:25 - Aug 7 with 1917 viewsHipsterectomy

For his performance which was a debut in front of 27000 fans and he wasn't even playing poorly. Good to see the squad picked him back up, but what a guy to take accountability for his performances like that. Seems he has very high expectations of himself.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week on 17:10 - Aug 7 with 1735 viewsArnieM

I suspect that reflects the in-house competition and standards being set. Some players can’t live up to that expectation, which is why McKenna/Ashtons recruitment is now much more focused on player “profiles” in order the get the right players in.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week on 17:15 - Aug 7 with 1709 viewsJ2BLUE

He may also have seen some of the comments from Portsmouth fans about being inconsistent and want to start with a positive performance.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week on 17:16 - Aug 7 with 1698 viewsFromReuserWithLove

It was a poor performance and he was aware of it which is great.
I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week on 17:16 - Aug 7 with 1698 viewsMetal_Hacker

I think it’s superb. Self analysis and all that / wanting to better yourself.

To be fair I have seen better debuts but credit where it’s due , it’s acknowledged by himself albeit as Arnie says , due to competition - this attitude can only work in the fan's favour

Long may it continue

Poll: If it were one or the other

I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week on 19:49 - Aug 7 with 1524 viewsArnieM

I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week on 17:16 - Aug 7 by Metal_Hacker

I think it’s superb. Self analysis and all that / wanting to better yourself.

To be fair I have seen better debuts but credit where it’s due , it’s acknowledged by himself albeit as Arnie says , due to competition - this attitude can only work in the fan's favour

Long may it continue

….. may I just add, also in the team’s favour as it has the effect of driving up standards . Which is what happens at the top 5-6 PL clubs.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week on 03:29 - Aug 8 with 1182 viewsBigCommon

In all fairness, he didn't look overly impressed with himself this week either, imo. Despite a goal and an upgraded performance. I got the impression from his interview, that he believes he can do much better. And it will happen when he's totally in tune with his team mates. The same can probably be said for the other new lads, too.
This is why it's far too early to criticize any of the new signings. Rather, look at what they are bringing to the table, already. And look forward to things continually improving.
We'll probably be bringing in one or two more, yet. So, again, they'll need a bit of time to settle as well.
I'm not too critical about individual performances, just yet. As long as we are picking up points, whilst they improve. We'll be well set to push on through Autumn/Winter, Without playing catch up, like last season..
I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week on 05:11 - Aug 8 with 1147 viewsX0Y0

Not his strongest game last week as his touch was off and clearly hadn't found his rhythm with the rest of the team, but I suspect that will come with time. Having said that, he kept working hard and tried to get involved in the game, and 1 goal in 2 games is a decent start no matter what else he has done.

Seems like a good character so fingers crossed it works out for everyone. His comments also reflect very well on the culture amongst the changing room that McKenna has developed.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 5:14]
I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week on 09:02 - Aug 8 with 913 viewsITFCBlues

Despite his goal on Saturday, I really didn't think he played that well either in all honesty. Better than last week but his overall quality on the ball is a massive downgrade on Celina thus far.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week on 09:09 - Aug 8 with 868 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week on 03:29 - Aug 8 by BigCommon

In all fairness, he didn't look overly impressed with himself this week either, imo. Despite a goal and an upgraded performance. I got the impression from his interview, that he believes he can do much better. And it will happen when he's totally in tune with his team mates. The same can probably be said for the other new lads, too.
This is why it's far too early to criticize any of the new signings. Rather, look at what they are bringing to the table, already. And look forward to things continually improving.
We'll probably be bringing in one or two more, yet. So, again, they'll need a bit of time to settle as well.
I'm not too critical about individual performances, just yet. As long as we are picking up points, whilst they improve. We'll be well set to push on through Autumn/Winter, Without playing catch up, like last season..

Yep. Worth mentioning, as well, that it's been very hot these last two games, so players not used to our play and/or working extra hard to impress are likely to tire quicker I'd imagine. And perhaps make more mistakes due, in part, to that.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week on 15:03 - Aug 8 with 596 viewsFrimleyBlue

I can't believe Harness was so down on himself last week on 09:02 - Aug 8 by ITFCBlues

Despite his goal on Saturday, I really didn't think he played that well either in all honesty. Better than last week but his overall quality on the ball is a massive downgrade on Celina thus far.

But he's not Celina and will never be. So the comparison should never be made imo.

Harness is however someone with pace. The ability to get involved with goals. Pot shots and working quick 1 2's with those around him. Our football is alot quicker than last season even celina would have taken time to get used to it let alone someone coming from pompy.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024