Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
De Bruyne 18:28 - Aug 7 with 2697 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I watch a fair bit of PL in the background, generally because it’s over nice and early for me at the weekend. Every time I see City play, he looks absolutely world class. That is a phrase that gets thrown around too often these days as well.

Has there been a better player to watch at the top level over the last decade? He can break up play and tidy up in a deeper role but still is a goal threat and generally creates from all over the park. Has it all for a midfielder.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 18:55]
De Bruyne on 18:34 - Aug 7 with 2296 viewsbilllm

My favourite premier League player,
De Bruyne on 18:49 - Aug 7 with 2236 viewsFrimleyBlue

Talking of Man City. Can Grealish be seen as a big flop for the money spent on him?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

De Bruyne on 18:49 - Aug 7 with 2241 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

De Bruyne on 18:34 - Aug 7 by billlm

My favourite premier League player,

Same, absolute class, said it for years.
De Bruyne on 18:54 - Aug 7 with 2206 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

De Bruyne on 18:49 - Aug 7 by FrimleyBlue

Talking of Man City. Can Grealish be seen as a big flop for the money spent on him?

That’s maybe a stretch but he is not going to be the difference with that kind of talent around him, unlike when he was at Villa and could turn a game.
De Bruyne on 19:14 - Aug 7 with 2131 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

De Bruyne on 18:49 - Aug 7 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Same, absolute class, said it for years.

Lol, you're not exactly a lone voice in that!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

De Bruyne on 19:16 - Aug 7 with 2128 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

De Bruyne on 19:14 - Aug 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Lol, you're not exactly a lone voice in that!!

I know!

Wasn’t supposed to be a hot take or anything just in terms of modern day Premier League he’s without a doubt my favorite player.
De Bruyne on 19:20 - Aug 7 with 2098 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

He has combined well with Haaland in pre-season but didn't look at it today. I'd imagine he will have a better season than last but whether that will be enough is another question.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

De Bruyne on 19:24 - Aug 7 with 2084 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

De Bruyne on 19:20 - Aug 7 by SlippinJimmyJuan

He has combined well with Haaland in pre-season but didn't look at it today. I'd imagine he will have a better season than last but whether that will be enough is another question.

On the other side of the pitch today I wonder if Bowen might get in the squad for Qatar…
Login to get fewer ads

De Bruyne on 19:26 - Aug 7 with 2073 viewsMetal_Hacker

I’d tend to agree but put him alongside Zidane - no competition IMHO
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 19:27]

Poll: If it were one or the other

De Bruyne on 19:29 - Aug 7 with 2035 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

De Bruyne on 19:24 - Aug 7 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

On the other side of the pitch today I wonder if Bowen might get in the squad for Qatar…

I'd think he has a great shout - I was sceptical when they signed him but he's been a quality addition

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

De Bruyne on 20:07 - Aug 7 with 1928 viewsFtnfwest

City have the resources and are good tbf at rotating people once they are past their best out for suitable new talent. The best compliment I could pay him is that if I was a city fan I’d be wondering how they’d do that with him though.
De Bruyne on 21:11 - Aug 7 with 1770 viewsIllinoisblue

Yes, 100million for him was crazy

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

De Bruyne on 21:40 - Aug 7 with 1692 viewsSE1blue

I used to feel the same about watching Iniesta in La Liga and for Spain. I’m sure you could’ve put him in any team in the world and he’d have been class. Just an incredible player.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

De Bruyne on 21:44 - Aug 7 with 1677 viewsFrimleyBlue

De Bruyne on 21:11 - Aug 7 by Illinoisblue

Yes, 100million for him was crazy

He must have had a hell of a pre city journey as in all the times I've seen him 100 mill just seems way way OTT

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

De Bruyne on 23:20 - Aug 7 with 1501 viewsmylittletown

I saw him play a couple of times in real life. I think you need to do that to appreciate just how good he is.
He has every attacking quality, plus he is also quite big and hard to knock off the ball.
Of players I have seen in real life, he'd be in a very small group of complete midfielders with Gascoigne, Bryan Robson, Gunter Netzer and, maybe Fernando Redondo.
De Bruyne on 23:40 - Aug 7 with 1456 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

De Bruyne on 23:20 - Aug 7 by mylittletown

I saw him play a couple of times in real life. I think you need to do that to appreciate just how good he is.
He has every attacking quality, plus he is also quite big and hard to knock off the ball.
Of players I have seen in real life, he'd be in a very small group of complete midfielders with Gascoigne, Bryan Robson, Gunter Netzer and, maybe Fernando Redondo.

Before my time but was Bryan Robson really in that category? I don’t know why it just seems funny reading his name alongside the others.

I also try and see elite athletes in their prime live, you definitely get a different perspective and level of appreciation in person.
De Bruyne on 23:43 - Aug 7 with 1446 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

De Bruyne on 21:40 - Aug 7 by SE1blue

I used to feel the same about watching Iniesta in La Liga and for Spain. I’m sure you could’ve put him in any team in the world and he’d have been class. Just an incredible player.

Yea he was a different level, forgot about him. Just someone that jumps off the screen as a rare talent.

That’s what I hate about football these days, the ridiculous wages and contracts given to players purely on potential alone before they have really done anything.
De Bruyne on 23:47 - Aug 7 with 1422 viewsmylittletown

De Bruyne on 23:40 - Aug 7 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Before my time but was Bryan Robson really in that category? I don’t know why it just seems funny reading his name alongside the others.

I also try and see elite athletes in their prime live, you definitely get a different perspective and level of appreciation in person.

I think Bryan Robson was in that class. He played 90 times for England (26 goals).

Sir Bobby rated him as one of the top 3 English footballers he worked with, alongside Shearer and Beattie. When you saw him live, he ran the game.
De Bruyne on 23:49 - Aug 7 with 1408 viewsmylittletown

De Bruyne on 23:43 - Aug 7 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yea he was a different level, forgot about him. Just someone that jumps off the screen as a rare talent.

That’s what I hate about football these days, the ridiculous wages and contracts given to players purely on potential alone before they have really done anything.

Agree, Iniesta was a genius.
De Bruyne on 23:50 - Aug 7 with 1403 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

De Bruyne on 23:47 - Aug 7 by mylittletown

I think Bryan Robson was in that class. He played 90 times for England (26 goals).

Sir Bobby rated him as one of the top 3 English footballers he worked with, alongside Shearer and Beattie. When you saw him live, he ran the game.

Was he injured in 1990 or finished by then? Just curious really. I just note never seeing him on Italia 90 highlights but it was the era before me.
De Bruyne on 00:03 - Aug 8 with 1386 viewsmylittletown

De Bruyne on 23:50 - Aug 7 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Was he injured in 1990 or finished by then? Just curious really. I just note never seeing him on Italia 90 highlights but it was the era before me.

He was injured in England's second game and missed the rest of the tournament.
In looking that up, I see that Gazza rated Robson as 'the best player he ever shared a pitch with'!
De Bruyne on 00:12 - Aug 8 with 1366 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

De Bruyne on 00:03 - Aug 8 by mylittletown

He was injured in England's second game and missed the rest of the tournament.
In looking that up, I see that Gazza rated Robson as 'the best player he ever shared a pitch with'!

Didn’t realize that. So he played against Ireland and Holland then, interesting.
De Bruyne on 06:00 - Aug 8 with 1184 viewsElephantintheRoom

De Bruyne on 19:20 - Aug 7 by SlippinJimmyJuan

A bit like signing Mahrez. Never going to be the stand out player at the money dopers - but pretty good once they find a role for him.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

De Bruyne on 10:21 - Aug 8 with 990 viewsBlueBlood90

Best midfielder in the world for me. Absolutely top class every game.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

De Bruyne on 10:26 - Aug 8 with 965 viewsmrshallisfit

My contribution to this thread is that Pele was pretty half decent and Maradonna could dribble a bit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024