Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a great start for Celina! 19:21 - Aug 8 with 4520 viewsUppaTowen78

Not a great start for Celina! on 19:27 - Aug 8 with 3959 viewshoppy

Who?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Not a great start for Celina! on 20:38 - Aug 8 with 3602 viewsHighgateBlue

It says 4-0 in the middle. Is this some sort of game where you have to guess the attendance figure and they give you two digits to make it easier?

Or is it his wage per second?
Not a great start for Celina! on 20:40 - Aug 8 with 3569 viewsVeggie

He followed the money so no sympathy from me I’m afraid.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 20:41]
Not a great start for Celina! on 20:50 - Aug 8 with 3485 viewsChondzoresk

Move on please….but no sympathy from moi either.
Not a great start for Celina! on 20:59 - Aug 8 with 3419 viewsclive_baker

Can’t help but feel he’s wasted there. 3 or 4 half decent sides in an otherwise poor league, playing in front of 2.5k at home. I know people will point to the fact we’re in L1 and rightly so, but he could’ve been playing in front of 20k+ every home game and kept himself on the radar in this country, for a side that has every chance of getting back to the Championship. Feels like a BS move for him, and one that got away for us.

It is what it is though, we move on and hope Chaplin & Harness can hit it off.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Not a great start for Celina! on 21:02 - Aug 8 with 3378 viewsLeoMuff

Not a great start for Celina! on 20:59 - Aug 8 by clive_baker

Can’t help but feel he’s wasted there. 3 or 4 half decent sides in an otherwise poor league, playing in front of 2.5k at home. I know people will point to the fact we’re in L1 and rightly so, but he could’ve been playing in front of 20k+ every home game and kept himself on the radar in this country, for a side that has every chance of getting back to the Championship. Feels like a BS move for him, and one that got away for us.

Exactly and can the money difference really be that much ? Still we would be struggling to shoe horn in 5 into 2 behind the striker.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Not a great start for Celina! on 21:03 - Aug 8 with 3373 viewsBarcaBlue

Not a great start for Celina! on 20:40 - Aug 8 by Veggie

He took the best deal available to him and his family like any sane individual in the workplace. There we go, I've corrected it for you.
Not a great start for Celina! on 21:04 - Aug 8 with 3351 viewsVeggie

I think your last point is very pertinent. It gives Chaplin more of a chance to show what he can do, and Harness showed against FGR that he is going to be a very important player for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Not a great start for Celina! on 21:11 - Aug 8 with 3286 viewsxrayspecs

If he wants to come back to the UK as he has stated and in the absence of Town agreeing a deal, then he needs to be playing at a certain level in Europe. I think this league would qualify him for a UK work permit, so it may be a means to an end to come back to the UK next season.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 21:12]
Not a great start for Celina! on 21:12 - Aug 8 with 3241 viewsTrequartista

Isn't he paid the same wherever he might go on loan?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Not a great start for Celina! on 21:20 - Aug 8 with 3179 viewsVeggie

Not a great start for Celina! on 21:12 - Aug 8 by Trequartista

You could well be right. I thought there were complications with negotiations with Celina, but maybe it was with Dijon in terms of how much of his wages we would pay.
Not a great start for Celina! on 21:25 - Aug 8 with 3170 viewsPhilTWTD

Not in this instance, although I think it's wrong to suggest he was being greedy as such, it was more that we didn't offer him what he could get elsewhere.
Not a great start for Celina! on 21:40 - Aug 8 with 3006 viewsclive_baker

Not a great start for Celina! on 21:11 - Aug 8 by xrayspecs

If he wants to come back to the UK as he has stated and in the absence of Town agreeing a deal, then he needs to be playing at a certain level in Europe. I think this league would qualify him for a UK work permit, so it may be a means to an end to come back to the UK next season.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 21:12]

That’s an interesting consideration if true. If this season will get him sufficient points to get a WP to play in England next season, then perhaps it’s a prudent move.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Not a great start for Celina! on 21:46 - Aug 8 with 2964 viewsPhilTWTD

Not a great start for Celina! on 21:20 - Aug 8 by Veggie

You could well be right. I thought there were complications with negotiations with Celina, but maybe it was with Dijon in terms of how much of his wages we would pay.

Dijon end was sorted, with us, Stoke and Kasimpasa. Clubs then had to agree terms with the player.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Not a great start for Celina! on 22:04 - Aug 8 with 2762 viewsSomethingBlue

He certainly is wasted there in a totally bullsh7t football environment, and it's also not a move he remotely wanted to make, which is quite sad — all parties involved can take some of the blame for that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Not a great start for Celina! on 22:07 - Aug 8 with 2711 viewsIllinoisblue

Not a great start for Celina! on 22:04 - Aug 8 by SomethingBlue

He certainly is wasted there in a totally bullsh7t football environment, and it's also not a move he remotely wanted to make, which is quite sad — all parties involved can take some of the blame for that.

Anyone know roughly how far apart we were on wages?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not a great start for Celina! on 22:19 - Aug 8 with 2605 viewsPioneerBlue

Working assumption, no knowledge, but can’t see another reason to go to Turkey from France. He is following money, he plans a season with this outfit and if he settles he could earn a move to one of the bigger Turkish sides, presumably there are fewer issues across on Turkey entry requirements for him as a sportsman?

Im not sure with the visa thing that he can come back to the UK unless he can get himself fully involved with Kosovo.

Sports entry for uk requires:

Being endorsed by your sport’s governing body - you must be an elite sportsperson who is internationally established at the highest level of your sport

Does he even play for Kosovo anymore?!
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 6:45]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Not a great start for Celina! on 23:36 - Aug 8 with 2293 viewsbackinbeige

There’s often a signing on fee agreed between player and club as a bonus on top of any contractual wages. The wages may be set by his existing terms with Dijon but clubs can offer their own signing on bonus. The Turkish team may have offered more. Plus the same is true if agents fees. And who’s to stop clubs topping up wages if they want to?

I don’t wish him any ill will. I make conferences for a living; if another company phoned me up to offer me double the money to make conferences for them I’d be there in a heartbeat. Admittedly my profession doesn’t involve lifting tin pots every twelve months but I do have professional pride.

If someone said to me “I’d like to pay you more money than God to swap the third tier of a big pool for the top tier of a small pool” I’d give then my sort code and account number.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Not a great start for Celina! on 23:39 - Aug 8 with 2266 viewsjeera

Not a great start for Celina! on 23:36 - Aug 8 by backinbeige

There’s often a signing on fee agreed between player and club as a bonus on top of any contractual wages. The wages may be set by his existing terms with Dijon but clubs can offer their own signing on bonus. The Turkish team may have offered more. Plus the same is true if agents fees. And who’s to stop clubs topping up wages if they want to?

I don’t wish him any ill will. I make conferences for a living; if another company phoned me up to offer me double the money to make conferences for them I’d be there in a heartbeat. Admittedly my profession doesn’t involve lifting tin pots every twelve months but I do have professional pride.

If someone said to me “I’d like to pay you more money than God to swap the third tier of a big pool for the top tier of a small pool” I’d give then my sort code and account number.

I’d like to pay you more money than God to swap the third tier of a big pool for the top tier of a small pool.

May I also have the long number and the 3 digit one on the back of the card please?

Just in case!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Not a great start for Celina! on 23:46 - Aug 8 with 2227 viewsbackinbeige

Not a great start for Celina! on 23:39 - Aug 8 by jeera

I’d like to pay you more money than God to swap the third tier of a big pool for the top tier of a small pool.

May I also have the long number and the 3 digit one on the back of the card please?

Just in case!

Absolutely! My mum’s maiden name and first pet’s name too! I can’t believe I’m going to double my wages, I’ve worked years earn £10 per day!

I don’t know what I’m going to do with my riches. Maybe pay the first 10% of my British Gas bill?

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Not a great start for Celina! on 10:28 - Aug 9 with 1504 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

How dare he get himself a good wage....what a load of nonsense

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Not a great start for Celina! on 10:41 - Aug 9 with 1479 viewsTrequartista

Not a great start for Celina! on 21:25 - Aug 8 by PhilTWTD

Not in this instance, although I think it's wrong to suggest he was being greedy as such, it was more that we didn't offer him what he could get elsewhere.

I'm confused. He has a contract with Dijon paying him x each week. Does he now have a second contract with the Turkish club, taking over his Dijon wages and paying him a surplus?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Not a great start for Celina! on 10:51 - Aug 9 with 1433 viewsbackinbeige

Not a great start for Celina! on 10:41 - Aug 9 by Trequartista

I'm confused. He has a contract with Dijon paying him x each week. Does he now have a second contract with the Turkish club, taking over his Dijon wages and paying him a surplus?

He has a contract with Dijon paying X per week. He could have agreed to waive some of this money if Dijon didn’t want to pay it, the new club couldn’t afford it and he’s desperate to force the move through. But we believe that’s not the case, in fact it’s possibly the opposite and he’s now getting more money than he used to.

This extra money could be a healthy bonus upon signing with the new club, it could be a top up of his wages from the new club or it could be both. In truth it doesn’t really matter when the money arrives he’s not worried about clearing his rent each month, money is still money not matter how it’s being hosed at you (unless there are tax efficiencies).

Not a great start for Celina! on 10:52 - Aug 9 with 1418 viewsBiGDonnie

Did Celina play?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Not a great start for Celina! on 11:04 - Aug 9 with 1354 viewsZapers

Not a great start for Celina! on 21:03 - Aug 8 by BarcaBlue

He took the best deal available to him and his family like any sane individual in the workplace. There we go, I've corrected it for you.

Absolutely correct, and why not. Being bitter is counter productive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024