Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keogh set to sign 11:09 - Aug 9 with 9796 viewsUppaTowen78

Seems odd
Keogh set to sign on 11:12 - Aug 9 with 4410 viewsSomethingBlue

Must be, what, 20 years since he was here before?

It does make some sense — we are short of solid cover at CB if and when we pick up a medium/long-term injury. And he's a tough cookie.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Keogh set to sign on 11:12 - Aug 9 with 4375 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seems like a solid addition to a young backline.

Bit of steel for certain games and helpful at set pieces.

People will look at age. But we need to remember Mowbray.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Keogh set to sign on 11:13 - Aug 9 with 4358 viewsFrimleyBlue

Keogh set to sign on 11:12 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

It does make some sense — we are short of solid cover at CB if and when we pick up a medium/long-term injury. And he's a tough cookie.

When was he first here. Blimey. Can't remember that.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Keogh set to sign on 11:14 - Aug 9 with 4343 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I can't see us giving a 2 year deal to a 35 year old who looks 112.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Keogh set to sign on 11:14 - Aug 9 with 4320 viewsSTYG

Genuine WTF.

Expected that to be some fake account.

Why would we offer a 35 year old a 2 year deal when we have no need in that position at all? Perhaps Burgess is being moved on and Keogh is the cover, but you'd imagine we'd persist with Ndaba or kept Baggott if we really thought we needed another defender.

Keogh is also nowhere near as mobile as Fridge, Wolf or JD who can all carry the ball forward.

Just don't see it. Yet it seems to be a legitimate source that must be very confident. Apart from experience what does Keogh provide? Seems the least likely McKenna and Ashton signing ever. Keogh has also got recent form for being in the public eye in a very unfortunate incident.

WHAT?!?!

But when you search TWTD on internet the first thing that comes up is this. Perhaps this guy has just got mixed up. I hope so!

Town Keen on Keogh 3rd Aug 2020 11:25
TWTD understands the Blues are among a number of clubs showing interest in free agent former Derby County skipper Richard Keogh. 63

Clearly it has to be happening. I can't see that any of our main three are being sold - we wouldn't get enough for them to make it worth the owners selling (but looking forward to the likes of Cruncher making out they are in the know and Wolf wasn't really ill he's off to Rangers for £4m).

Experienced leader and cover it is then. Ndaba out on loan and Burgess a back up behind Keogh.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 11:18]
Keogh set to sign on 11:15 - Aug 9 with 4314 viewsSitfcB

Keogh set to sign on 11:13 - Aug 9 by FrimleyBlue

When was he first here. Blimey. Can't remember that.

Mentioned in every single story Phil has ever done when we’ve played against him ha.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 11:15]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Keogh set to sign on 11:15 - Aug 9 with 4306 viewsRegencyBlue

He’s 35 isn’t he?

Doesn’t exactly fit the young and hungry profile McKenna has been talking about!
Keogh set to sign on 11:17 - Aug 9 with 4166 viewsSitfcB

Keogh set to sign on 11:14 - Aug 9 by OriginalMarkyP

I can't see us giving a 2 year deal to a 35 year old who looks 112.

Initially a one year deal says Warren

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/town-closing-in-on-keogh-9199126

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Keogh set to sign on 11:18 - Aug 9 with 4149 viewsRozz

They love him there, but I'm a little perplexed by this. One eye on progressing into coaching and settling closer to home perhaps?

Certainly adds some experience.
Keogh set to sign on 11:18 - Aug 9 with 4140 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Keogh set to sign on 11:15 - Aug 9 by RegencyBlue

He’s 35 isn’t he?

Doesn’t exactly fit the young and hungry profile McKenna has been talking about!

But he'll be great for our young defenders. Good addition.
Keogh set to sign on 11:18 - Aug 9 with 4143 viewsBig_Jase

He’s 35 isn’t he?

Possibly with a view to moving into coaching? Great experience to have around the squad but struggling to see where he fits in.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Keogh set to sign on 11:18 - Aug 9 with 4111 viewsSouthfieldsBlue

Keogh set to sign on 11:17 - Aug 9 by SitfcB

Initially a one year deal says Warren

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/town-closing-in-on-keogh-9199126

Presumably cover so Ndaba can go out and play 30/35 games for a lower League One side rather than the 10-15 he would get here?
Keogh set to sign on 11:19 - Aug 9 with 4074 viewshype313

He’s 35 isn’t he?

But sometimes you need a bit of experience and back up for Wolf and Fridge if they got injured

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Keogh set to sign on 11:19 - Aug 9 with 4049 viewsTractorCam

Keogh set to sign on 11:12 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

Corrie Ndaba was player of the season at Salford last year, would much prefer him than some 35 year old has been.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Keogh set to sign on 11:20 - Aug 9 with 4029 viewsle2blue

Keogh set to sign on 11:15 - Aug 9 by SitfcB

Mentioned in every single story Phil has ever done when we’ve played against him ha.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 11:15]

Used to be a ball boy as well, if I recall correctly. Surprising one, hopefully, he's our modern-day Tony Mowbray signing.
Keogh set to sign on 11:20 - Aug 9 with 4007 viewsxrayspecs

Keogh set to sign on 11:18 - Aug 9 by SouthfieldsBlue

Presumably cover so Ndaba can go out and play 30/35 games for a lower League One side rather than the 10-15 he would get here?

You may well be right. KM has some concerns that CN first team experience has mainly been at LB rather than as a central defender.
Keogh set to sign on 11:20 - Aug 9 with 4000 viewstractordownsouth

Obviously I’ll give him a chance and he’s only going to be a bench option anyway, but really don’t get this. Even when he was somehow getting in the championship team of the year every season I never rated him.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Keogh set to sign on 11:21 - Aug 9 with 3944 viewsSaigonTractor

That's Ndaba out on loan guaranteed.
Keogh set to sign on 11:22 - Aug 9 with 3924 viewsCityBlue

On his way for medical as we speak...which I think he may fail, depending on how much scar tissue is on his MCL and ACL from the infamous Derby incident. Would be a great addition to the backroom staff and I guess they see him as a steady hand to guide our youngsters (noting how young are backs are).

I T I D

Keogh set to sign on 11:22 - Aug 9 with 3908 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Keogh set to sign on 11:19 - Aug 9 by TractorCam

Corrie Ndaba was player of the season at Salford last year, would much prefer him than some 35 year old has been.

He's not going to get any game time here though is he. It makes complete sense for Ndaba to go and get 40 games at centre half somewhere.
Keogh set to sign on 11:22 - Aug 9 with 3906 viewsRegencyBlue

Keogh set to sign on 11:18 - Aug 9 by Big_Jase

Possibly with a view to moving into coaching? Great experience to have around the squad but struggling to see where he fits in.

I could understand coming into a coaching position but a two year contract as a player at 35?

That’s odd, assuming it’s happening that is.
Keogh set to sign on 11:22 - Aug 9 with 3898 viewsRobTheMonk

Would probably be a good signing at this level.

He's that type of player that always looks like he's in trouble, but the majority of the time he somehow gets a foot in or his body in the right place.
Keogh set to sign on 11:23 - Aug 9 with 3845 viewsSTYG

Keogh set to sign on 11:20 - Aug 9 by tractordownsouth

Obviously I’ll give him a chance and he’s only going to be a bench option anyway, but really don’t get this. Even when he was somehow getting in the championship team of the year every season I never rated him.

After the initial shock of WTF, this makes sense.

He's an old head, a Championship captain and a local lad. 36 in 2 days time but still a regular in the Championship last year.

Proper warrior, ball playing defender. One eye on coaching probably and he will no doubt be better than Ndaba (who has looked very shaky in pre-season) and who can go back out on loan, hopefully in League One to develop.

Makes quite a bit of sense. Keogh has always been a quality defender. If Ibrahimović can be 40 and playing in Serie A, I have no issues with a 36 year old being cover in League One.
Keogh set to sign on 11:23 - Aug 9 with 3831 viewsxrayspecs

Keogh set to sign on 11:19 - Aug 9 by TractorCam

Playing left back rather than his preferred CB position, which is where KM sees him playing.

Some L1 experience at the centre of the defence would make sense.
Keogh set to sign on 11:23 - Aug 9 with 3826 viewsSitfcB

Keogh set to sign on 11:22 - Aug 9 by CityBlue

On his way for medical as we speak...which I think he may fail, depending on how much scar tissue is on his MCL and ACL from the infamous Derby incident. Would be a great addition to the backroom staff and I guess they see him as a steady hand to guide our youngsters (noting how young are backs are).

Well he managed to pass medicals at Huddersfield, MK Dons and Blackpool since then!

Currently out injured anyway apparently.

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024