Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM 12:05 - Aug 9 with 2985 viewshomer_123

has taken over - I feel somewhat deflated by a decision.

As a footballer Keogh has been and still is a very good player.

However, his off the field past, I'm afraid cannot be overlooked, especially given the clear inconsistency regarding Ashton and Norwood. In addition, the moving visit and speech from Jason Schechterle most certainly doesn't fit with bringing Keogh in.

Foremost this is why this decision doesn't sit well with me, at all.

From a footballing perspective - I am unconvinced we need him. I think we have more than decent cover at the back, unless Burgess is moving on? Yes, this means a player or two will go out on loan but, even from just a footballing perspective, this seems an odd signing, if it happens.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:10 - Aug 9 with 2347 viewsJ2BLUE

From a footballing perspective it makes perfect sense. He's a high quality experienced back up.

Off the field, we have no idea if he's remorseful and has proven himself. I'm sure Ashton/McKenna will be asked about this so it would be good to wait for the answer rather than turn on him now (not aimed at you that comment, your post is fair).

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:13 - Aug 9 with 2313 viewswaveneyblue

Genuine question - Are you talking about his part in the very unsavory car accident which lead him to be sacked from Derby.

What exactly was his part - appreciate he was drunk, but in the back of the vehicle i.e.not driving.

Am I missing something from this ?

Honestly I don't know any other details - I am just curious
For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:21 - Aug 9 with 2223 viewsjohnewark

There's a fairly enlightening interview with him here:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/01/richard-keogh-waking-up-paramed
He was the club captain..... on 12:24 - Aug 9 with 2184 viewsBloots

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:13 - Aug 9 by waveneyblue

Genuine question - Are you talking about his part in the very unsavory car accident which lead him to be sacked from Derby.

What exactly was his part - appreciate he was drunk, but in the back of the vehicle i.e.not driving.

Am I missing something from this ?

Honestly I don't know any other details - I am just curious

....I think that's the point.

I don't like him as a player or a leader.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:33 - Aug 9 with 2092 viewsGavTWTD

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:21 - Aug 9 by johnewark

There's a fairly enlightening interview with him here:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/01/richard-keogh-waking-up-paramed

Very much worth reading if he does indeed join us.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:35 - Aug 9 with 2047 viewsX0Y0

If an individual is involved in one serious mistake (but is not criminally guilty) and later clearly shows remorse, then how long must pass for them to be of a suitable character to join the club?

It's fair to assess getting in the car as an extremely poor decision from a club captain. Our judgement of his actions, however, should not hinge on his subsequent treatment by Derby, but instead by the consistency of his behaviours before and after the incident, and in this case I think it would be fair to portray it as an uncharactertic mistake from which he has learnt his lesson and wouldn't repeat. Unfortunately, I don't think we can draw the same conclusion with regards Norwood.
For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:35 - Aug 9 with 2048 viewswaveneyblue

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:33 - Aug 9 by GavTWTD

Very much worth reading if he does indeed join us.

Appreciate its in his own words, but sounds as if he was stitched up good and proper by that lovely club Derby. Also sounds if he pretty much went to hell and back.

To those comparing that with Norwood's alleged antics - they are very very different circumstances.
For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:35 - Aug 9 with 2044 viewspointofblue

It sounds like somebody makes a mistake they should never be forgiven and be allowed to move on. I’m not sure if that is the intention.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:51 - Aug 9 with 1917 viewsBig_Jase

Don’t see the issue, he got into someones car who then drove drunk, not the other way around.

Seems to be a decent bloke and had a winning mentality. From what I understand Derby County and Mel Morris well and truly stitched him up.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:56 - Aug 9 with 1868 viewsSomethingBlue

Not quite sure we need to be so grimly judgmental, that incident has been properly gone over and dealt with.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:00 - Aug 9 with 1794 viewsCheltenham_Blue

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:56 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

Not quite sure we need to be so grimly judgmental, that incident has been properly gone over and dealt with.

Seems to be a few on the board today that have never made a slight mistake. As soon as someone shows me how Keogh getting in the back CAUSED Lawrence to drink too much and wrap his car around a lamppost I'll happily back down.

Lack of judgement yes, but not culpable in the way some are acting. If he was coming in to be our captain, fair enough, but he isn't is he?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:12 - Aug 9 with 1676 viewsIllinoisblue

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:00 - Aug 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

Seems to be a few on the board today that have never made a slight mistake. As soon as someone shows me how Keogh getting in the back CAUSED Lawrence to drink too much and wrap his car around a lamppost I'll happily back down.

Lack of judgement yes, but not culpable in the way some are acting. If he was coming in to be our captain, fair enough, but he isn't is he?

I haven’t read anywhere on here where someone has suggested he caused the crash. We’re probably all guilty at times of looking the other way depending on if we rate a certain player. Norwood, Edwards, Croft… I’m sure there are others.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:15 - Aug 9 with 1608 viewsitfcjoe

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:12 - Aug 9 by Illinoisblue

I haven’t read anywhere on here where someone has suggested he caused the crash. We’re probably all guilty at times of looking the other way depending on if we rate a certain player. Norwood, Edwards, Croft… I’m sure there are others.

Wasn't Mark Venus banned at one point, Adam Tanner, Danny Sonner

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I don’t have enough insight into the Keogh incident to form such a strong… on 13:18 - Aug 9 with 1584 viewsunstableblue

… judgement

But I’m sure his character is something that was looked into, especially as his character and experience is pretty much why he’s being brought in.

Also it’s important to note Derby actually found against for unfair dismissal which perhaps means there is more to the story anyway.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/11/richard-keogh-awarded-more-than

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:18 - Aug 9 with 1575 viewsCheltenham_Blue

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:12 - Aug 9 by Illinoisblue

Illy, no one has said that, but they might as well have, you of all people, are plenty intelligent enough to see that.

We've got Joe equating what Keogh did with what happened to that Arizona policeman who was almost burned to death just for a start. We've got Homer saying how deflated he is with KM and the ownership group.
We've got Veggie insisting that 'under law' passengers are liable as well as the drink driver. (They aren't in criminal cases, but it can be argued in civil cases for personal injury)

Homer even dragged up the inconsistency with Nors. Who DID get behind the wheel of a car.

I couldn't give two hoots if we sign Keogh or not, but I can see what his experience will bring.
It's not about 'looking' the other way, it's about not looking for something that isn't there.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:40 - Aug 9 with 1478 viewsSTYG

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:15 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

And Gary Croft wearing a tag.
For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:42 - Aug 9 with 1455 viewschicoazul

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 12:10 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

From a footballing perspective it makes perfect sense. He's a high quality experienced back up.

Off the field, we have no idea if he's remorseful and has proven himself. I'm sure Ashton/McKenna will be asked about this so it would be good to wait for the answer rather than turn on him now (not aimed at you that comment, your post is fair).

Guessing Burgess is off and Ndaba out on loan so I guess we need another body.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:43 - Aug 9 with 1461 viewscressi

Stop acting like God
Who are you to judge
Out the 3 people in the car which one was charged with nothing
For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:47 - Aug 9 with 1424 viewsSteve_M

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:15 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

Steve Whitton too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:48 - Aug 9 with 1396 viewshomer_123

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:43 - Aug 9 by cressi

Stop acting like God
Who are you to judge
Out the 3 people in the car which one was charged with nothing

I don't think I am acting like God in any way.

Merely 'deflated' by this decision by the club and that it feels at odds with a recent speaker they had at the club.

I don't believe I have commented on Keogh's character or his decision. I've certainly noted his footballing ability.

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:49 - Aug 9 with 1377 viewshype313

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:47 - Aug 9 by Steve_M

Steve Whitton too.

So, what we're saying is, essentially footballers aren't saints.

Shocker.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:49 - Aug 9 with 1373 viewsJ2BLUE

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:48 - Aug 9 by homer_123

Merely 'deflated' by this decision by the club and that it feels at odds with a recent speaker they had at the club.

I don't believe I have commented on Keogh's character or his decision. I've certainly noted his footballing ability.

Genuinely not sure how you can look at what happened and come to that conclusion. None of his teammates challenged his version of events and he won his case against Derby.

Truly impaired.

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:51 - Aug 9 with 1358 viewshomer_123

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:49 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Genuinely not sure how you can look at what happened and come to that conclusion. None of his teammates challenged his version of events and he won his case against Derby.

Sorry J2, not sure what you mean?

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:51 - Aug 9 with 1356 viewsSTYG

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:48 - Aug 9 by homer_123

So what is at odds then with this speaker?

A bloke suffering horrible life changing injuries trapped in a car struck by a passed out driver is actually not a million miles from a bloke suffering nasty injuries after being in a drink drivers car in the grand scheme of things.

Aside from the clear difference in the nature of the severity of the injuries and the (unproven suggestion by some Keogh should have known Lawrence was drunk) they are very close to being the same thing.
For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:52 - Aug 9 with 1336 viewsJ2BLUE

For the first time since our new owners have come on board and KM on 13:51 - Aug 9 by homer_123

Sorry J2, not sure what you mean?

How?

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024