Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keogh 13:38 - Aug 9 with 2394 viewscressi

Blackpool fans signing his praises on their forum. Saying he will be missed on and off the pitch seems a good egg
Good luck Richard
Experience always a good thing
Keogh on 14:02 - Aug 9 with 2239 viewsArnieM

That’s because he’s a very good player. It’s an astute signing at this level , and whilst he won’t be playing week in week out, what valuable experience he will bring “ to the group”!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Keogh on 14:11 - Aug 9 with 2176 viewsWallingford_Boy

No, no they have it all wrong.

Joe says he is a BAD egg and won't fit in here.

Sorry Joe, only teasing!

Its an absolute quality signing and I'd be surprised to see him sitting on the bench for long.

RIP Sir Bobby

Keogh on 14:16 - Aug 9 with 2134 viewsEly_Blue

If you listen to Veggie he’s a bad egg!

He got drunk a couple of days after his grandmother died and took a lift home from a team mate who then left him for dead when the car crashed so that means he won’t fit in here and he’ll be crap

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Keogh on 14:36 - Aug 9 with 2033 viewsVeggie

Keogh on 14:16 - Aug 9 by Ely_Blue

If you listen to Veggie he’s a bad egg!

He got drunk a couple of days after his grandmother died and took a lift home from a team mate who then left him for dead when the car crashed so that means he won’t fit in here and he’ll be crap

Oh please. Ashton has spent his entire time here banging on about getting players in at the right age and right character. KMc has gone on about profiling players that are fit, athletic and hungry. Then we find we are buying a 36 year old with two shot knees who went out on a p1ss up with his (he was captain) team mates, but didn’t realise the team mate who drove him home could possibly have been over the limit. Sounds like the sort of b0llox a member of the Tory cabinet would come up with.

If that article was in the Daily Mail everyone on would scoff at what sentimental pap it is, but guess what, it’s the Guardian - so must be gospel.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 14:37]
Keogh on 14:40 - Aug 9 with 1986 viewsGeoffSentence

Signing his praises? Is that because he is getting a little deaf in his old age?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Keogh on 14:40 - Aug 9 with 1985 viewsSTYG

Keogh on 14:36 - Aug 9 by Veggie

Oh please. Ashton has spent his entire time here banging on about getting players in at the right age and right character. KMc has gone on about profiling players that are fit, athletic and hungry. Then we find we are buying a 36 year old with two shot knees who went out on a p1ss up with his (he was captain) team mates, but didn’t realise the team mate who drove him home could possibly have been over the limit. Sounds like the sort of b0llox a member of the Tory cabinet would come up with.

If that article was in the Daily Mail everyone on would scoff at what sentimental pap it is, but guess what, it’s the Guardian - so must be gospel.

Do you know what.

I don't mind people spouting complete balls and being corrected and learning, but for you to be given the facts, given articles linked to the facts and still spout the same complete and utter Eadie, is quite impressive.

Some people act like tools on here. You seem to be the entire caretakers workshop.
Keogh on 14:41 - Aug 9 with 1965 viewsEly_Blue

It’s not made up guff like you’d get in the mail, it’s an actual word for word interview with a reputable journalist in a non Tory sleaze fed newspaper!

You obviously haven’t read the article or taken any context at all from it!

For a guy whose knees are shot I’d say playing 40 games in the higher end of the championship last season is pretty good wouldn’t you?

Keogh on 15:35 - Aug 9 with 1780 viewscressi

Keogh on 14:41 - Aug 9 by Ely_Blue

It’s not made up guff like you’d get in the mail, it’s an actual word for word interview with a reputable journalist in a non Tory sleaze fed newspaper!

You obviously haven’t read the article or taken any context at all from it!

For a guy whose knees are shot I’d say playing 40 games in the higher end of the championship last season is pretty good wouldn’t you?

Veggie
You talk verbal diarrhea
Came in at Blackpool last season played 28 games in the league above. I guess what you no about football would fit on the back of a postage stamp
Login to get fewer ads

Keogh on 15:40 - Aug 9 with 1745 viewsitfcjoe

Keogh on 14:11 - Aug 9 by Wallingford_Boy

Sorry Joe, only teasing!

Its an absolute quality signing and I'd be surprised to see him sitting on the bench for long.

It's not what I've said anyway, just that he had a major fúck up despite some people now claiming he was a victim and there is some trepidation with regards to it - but no room for nuance on here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Keogh on 15:54 - Aug 9 with 1632 viewsMetal_Hacker

My morale compass must be broken then reading a lot of these threads . So long as we sign the players that get us up I really don't care whether they've taken a dump in my Mother's back garden

The incident he was involved in could've resulted in worse but it didn't compounded with HIS version of events also so.......

If he helps get my team promoted then so be it

Poll: If it were one or the other

Keogh on 15:54 - Aug 9 with 1632 viewschicoazul

Keogh on 14:02 - Aug 9 by ArnieM

That’s because he’s a very good player. It’s an astute signing at this level , and whilst he won’t be playing week in week out, what valuable experience he will bring “ to the group”!

I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t play every week, can’t see how he would drop a division without thinking otherwise. Worried Fridge is on the way out now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Keogh on 16:05 - Aug 9 with 1548 viewsEly_Blue

Keogh on 15:54 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t play every week, can’t see how he would drop a division without thinking otherwise. Worried Fridge is on the way out now.

More likely to be the “sick” Woolfenden

Keogh on 16:11 - Aug 9 with 1486 viewsOldsmoker

Keogh on 14:11 - Aug 9 by Wallingford_Boy

Sorry Joe, only teasing!

Oh, per...lease.

What does a Veggie know about eggs - good or bad.

OK, he came from an egg but he's got as many brain cells now as he had when his dad's sperm entered it.

Edit : that was a dig at Veggie not Joe, although..........
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 16:12]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Keogh on 16:16 - Aug 9 with 1430 viewsPinewoodblue

Make it up as you go along. How on earth can someone, with shot knees, play 70+ games over the last two season, the majority in the championship.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Keogh on 16:58 - Aug 9 with 1218 viewsSomethingBlue

Keogh on 15:54 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

There is of course a world where Woolfenden moves across to the right of the three and Keogh slots in centrally — effectively pushing out Donacien. Which you and I might agree to be harsh but I'd suggest is far from impossible over the piece.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Keogh on 17:01 - Aug 9 with 1184 viewsportmanking

Keogh on 16:58 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

There is of course a world where Woolfenden moves across to the right of the three and Keogh slots in centrally — effectively pushing out Donacien. Which you and I might agree to be harsh but I'd suggest is far from impossible over the piece.

JD has arguably been our most consistent defender for the last 18 months. Why on earth would we do that? Woolfenden is nowhere near the man-for-man defender that Donacien is. I'd argue Donacien fits that right-sided wide centre back role better than anyone else in League One. You can count on one hand only the number of wingers that get the better of him.
Keogh on 17:04 - Aug 9 with 1162 viewsSomethingBlue

Keogh on 17:01 - Aug 9 by portmanking

JD has arguably been our most consistent defender for the last 18 months. Why on earth would we do that? Woolfenden is nowhere near the man-for-man defender that Donacien is. I'd argue Donacien fits that right-sided wide centre back role better than anyone else in League One. You can count on one hand only the number of wingers that get the better of him.

Yep, I just said it's something we could do. Donacien has been very good indeed.

Keogh on 17:05 - Aug 9 with 1149 viewsFunge

Keogh on 16:58 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

Hmmm, the JD/ Burns link-up was perhaps the best partnership in the entire team last year - would be surprised to see McK change it, but it's a possibility....

From a wider perspective, I remember raising a metaphorical eyebrow when an 'elderly' Aluko came in - and he's very important to the wider team now.

My Huddersfield mate doesn't make much of Keogh, but that's obviously at odds to what a lot of Blackpool fans have been saying.

Back McK/ Ashton's judgment, I suppose.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 17:09]
Keogh on 17:06 - Aug 9 with 1144 viewsportmanking

Keogh on 17:04 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

Yep, I just said it's something we could do. Donacien has been very good indeed.

I think Keogh's presence is primarily to keep Woolfie on his toes. He looked a tad lackadaisical against Bolton but fortunately wasn't punished. Keogh will keep him honest and drive standards. It's a long season too. There'll be niggles and suspensions, so I'm sure Keogh will play 10-15 games at least.
Keogh on 17:08 - Aug 9 with 1118 viewsSomethingBlue

Keogh on 17:06 - Aug 9 by portmanking

I think Keogh's presence is primarily to keep Woolfie on his toes. He looked a tad lackadaisical against Bolton but fortunately wasn't punished. Keogh will keep him honest and drive standards. It's a long season too. There'll be niggles and suspensions, so I'm sure Keogh will play 10-15 games at least.

I imagine you are right tbh, that's the obvious area where things get a bit sloppy in an otherwise excellent defensive unit. There will inevitably be injuries and the like as you say, he will be important to have around.

Keogh on 17:10 - Aug 9 with 1089 viewswaveneyblue

Keogh on 15:54 - Aug 9 by Metal_Hacker

My morale compass must be broken then reading a lot of these threads . So long as we sign the players that get us up I really don't care whether they've taken a dump in my Mother's back garden

The incident he was involved in could've resulted in worse but it didn't compounded with HIS version of events also so.......

If he helps get my team promoted then so be it

Could be good for her roses too ...

Win win
Keogh on 17:11 - Aug 9 with 1081 viewspointofblue

Keogh on 17:06 - Aug 9 by portmanking

The looked no more lackadaisical than Edmundson to be fair. Just seems to be pulled up on it more, perhaps because he’s central whilst Edmundson plays on the left side.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keogh on 17:16 - Aug 9 with 1043 viewsportmanking

Keogh on 17:11 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

The looked no more lackadaisical than Edmundson to be fair. Just seems to be pulled up on it more, perhaps because he’s central whilst Edmundson plays on the left side.

I think they both rub off on each other TBH. They were both as casual as each other against Notlob.
Keogh on 17:20 - Aug 9 with 991 viewsRedX

That is not correct. McKenna wanted the team built around a young, hungry, technical and athletic group of players, who have a real passion to play for the club but also clearly stated he wanted to balance the squad with a couple of experienced players. Bringing in Keogh and Ball are those signings.
Keogh on 17:29 - Aug 9 with 932 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

LOL, you don't realise your talk about desired character from Ashton and McKenna completely undermines the rest of your argument.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024