Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards 22:03 - Aug 9 with 1629 viewscbower

Stop trying to walk the thing into the net.. How can you have 77% of the ball and the opposition keeper has a relatively comfortable night?

bluescouser

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:06 - Aug 9 with 1583 viewsstrikalite

For many YEARS now we've been hopeless at putting in shots from the edge of the box..
Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:08 - Aug 9 with 1556 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Absolutey. Be brave and aggressive in the final third. We're like those dogs who bark at eachother through a closed gate. Hiding behind possession as domination.
Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:08 - Aug 9 with 1552 viewsAlanG296

McKennaball is how. Style but no substance.
Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:14 - Aug 9 with 1494 viewscbower

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:08 - Aug 9 by AlanG296

Pretty sure his instructions don't include things like have no shots from distance and be circumspect with crosses. Players make decisions on the pitch

bluescouser

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:17 - Aug 9 with 1473 viewsAlanG296

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:14 - Aug 9 by cbower

Pretty sure his instructions don't include things like have no shots from distance and be circumspect with crosses. Players make decisions on the pitch

Decision making which is drilled into them in the style of play the manager instils on the training ground. Possession is priority.
Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:17 - Aug 9 with 1467 viewsHipsterectomy

These tactics are fine for United who have players who can hit 30 yard goals or 25 yard free kicks

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:22 - Aug 9 with 1416 viewsbadadski

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:17 - Aug 9 by Hipsterectomy

These tactics are fine for United who have players who can hit 30 yard goals or 25 yard free kicks

My god if a professional footballer can’t hit a clean strike from 25 yards then they Are on the wrong trade. Although the amount of scuffs and misses was laughable and does make you wonder.
Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:23 - Aug 9 with 1396 viewspointofblue

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:22 - Aug 9 by badadski

My god if a professional footballer can’t hit a clean strike from 25 yards then they Are on the wrong trade. Although the amount of scuffs and misses was laughable and does make you wonder.

At this stage, I'd be perfectly happy to have someone who can hit a ball cleanly on target at six yards for us. That is seemingly too much to ask, though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 23:12 - Aug 9 with 1287 viewstextbackup

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:14 - Aug 9 by cbower

exactly.
and the first 11, with 1 or 2 of the reserves pulling holes when needed, are more than fine to do this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 07:46 - Aug 10 with 1145 viewscarlisleaway

Believe the club mana gage meant think we are Man City in disguise
Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 09:56 - Aug 10 with 1029 viewsGeoffSentence

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:06 - Aug 9 by strikalite

For many YEARS now we've been hopeless at putting in shots from the edge of the box..

Did you not see the Forest Green game?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 09:58 - Aug 10 with 1025 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mmmm.

Seems to be a few on here starting to turn against McKenna's ideas.
After 2.5 games.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 10:05 - Aug 10 with 1004 viewsBlue_Moses

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 09:58 - Aug 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Mmmm.

After 2.5 games.

Minus the Charlton game we only scored 11 in the last 12 games of last season I believe
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 10:07]
Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 10:07 - Aug 10 with 995 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 10:05 - Aug 10 by Blue_Moses

Minus the Charlton game we only scored 11 in the last 12 games of last season I believe

Doesn't matter how many you score, as long as its at least 1 more than the team you're playing.
State of this board this morning.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 10:11 - Aug 10 with 984 viewsbraveblue

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 22:08 - Aug 9 by AlanG296

Here we go. McKenna out next. Crazy.
… and break the lines on 10:15 - Aug 10 with 970 viewsunstableblue

Take some 20+ shots early in a game so it changes the mind set and positioning of defenders

Go wide go for the line and get decent crosses in

Get good service into the box from set pieces

And critically runners need to break the lines, stretch teams, break into the box and beat players

I believe we will get there.. and I think Harness is a big addition because he wants to make things happen quickly.

Also Morsy’s drive can add so much when he starts.

A couple of goals and a win Saturday and these jitters in the fan base will subside

But it’s right to call out this lack of attacking edge and intensity

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 10:20 - Aug 10 with 940 viewscbower

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 09:58 - Aug 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Mmmm.

After 2.5 games.

Not turning against his tactics whatsoever. Possession and passing football is what I like. You can't do anything without the ball! However, when a far lesser side has snatched a lead and literally camps out on the edge of the area, endlessly recycling the ball 25 to 30 yards out probably isn't going to cut it. Playing with a bit of zip and pace, putting quality crosses in and some semi speculatve 20 yard shots to put the keeper under pressure, get a deflection or a keeper spill might.

bluescouser

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 10:57 - Aug 10 with 894 viewsdezb

Through poor finishing! We had 17 attempts on goals and at least 4 of those were good chances - leigh, humphreys twice and John jules.

I get some of the concerns about proven goalscorers in our striker ranks at the club outside of ladapo (noting I don't include Chaplin and harness in this who both can finish) but I think arguments about us not threatening are far fetched. We've had 53 attempts in 3 games! That's not through lack of crosses and shots
Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 11:18 - Aug 10 with 850 viewsSouperJim

Get crosses in, take some shots from 20+ yards on 10:05 - Aug 10 by Blue_Moses

Love it when people selectively exclude specific events that don't fit their argument!

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024