Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Col U fans behaviour 06:34 - Aug 10 with 4836 viewsVeggie

I wasn’t at the game but plenty of reports on Twitter of Col U fans ripping up seats and throwing them etc. Families with young kids having to be moved to safety by stewards etc. I really hope there’s good footage of these idiots and they can be banned / prosecuted. In this kind of instance, is it normal for the away team to be sent a bill for any damage caused? I hope so.

Shades of Millwall many years ago. Tw@ts.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 6:36]
Col U fans behaviour on 06:56 - Aug 10 with 4194 viewsFarmerpiles

I was at the game sat directly opposite the Col Utd fans. A seat was ripped out and thrown but it never made it as far as the pitch as it hit one of their own fans on the head who was sitting near the front of the Upper tier. Various smoke bombs (flares?) were also thrown onto the pitch. Not a single cop was in the ground, let alone a few in the away section which would of helped. Felt sorry for the stewards having to deal with the minority of their idiots with no police back up. Not like the club can't afford the cost of policing that away end these days. Other then that, hats off to the col u fans for singing the whole 90+ mins.
Col U fans behaviour on 07:09 - Aug 10 with 4094 viewsVeggie

Col U fans behaviour on 06:56 - Aug 10 by Farmerpiles

I was at the game sat directly opposite the Col Utd fans. A seat was ripped out and thrown but it never made it as far as the pitch as it hit one of their own fans on the head who was sitting near the front of the Upper tier. Various smoke bombs (flares?) were also thrown onto the pitch. Not a single cop was in the ground, let alone a few in the away section which would of helped. Felt sorry for the stewards having to deal with the minority of their idiots with no police back up. Not like the club can't afford the cost of policing that away end these days. Other then that, hats off to the col u fans for singing the whole 90+ mins.

Maybe the club should stop overspending on duff and over the hill players and put some of that money into policing.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 7:10]
Col U fans behaviour on 07:09 - Aug 10 with 4096 viewsLRB84UK

I sit in section 5 of churchmans and the man who sat beside me last night spent most of the game filming the col u "fans" on his phone. If he was an undercover cop he was doing a bad job as it was obvious what he was up to! I think he's got about 30mins footage from the 1st half alone.

We saw at least 2 families up and leave with small children after the chairs started flying.

You should always feel safe to bring your children to football when sitting with your own fans. They were a disgrace last night
Col U fans behaviour on 07:23 - Aug 10 with 3930 viewsITFC_Forever

Very obvious that the opportunity for an away game against us brought out a number of day-trippers who don’t know how to behave and probably won’t go to another one of their games this season.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Col U fans behaviour on 07:56 - Aug 10 with 3644 viewsclive_baker

Col U fans behaviour on 07:23 - Aug 10 by ITFC_Forever

Very obvious that the opportunity for an away game against us brought out a number of day-trippers who don’t know how to behave and probably won’t go to another one of their games this season.

Really weird this one sided rivalry that seems to exist. Anyone would think it was a semi final or something, they had half as many there yesterday than they get for a home game. Such an odd club.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Col U fans behaviour on 08:11 - Aug 10 with 3541 viewsITFC_Forever

Col U fans behaviour on 07:56 - Aug 10 by clive_baker

Really weird this one sided rivalry that seems to exist. Anyone would think it was a semi final or something, they had half as many there yesterday than they get for a home game. Such an odd club.

Irrelevant or in a number of cases, ITFC fans' second club.

Yet they hate us.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Col U fans behaviour on 08:43 - Aug 10 with 3341 viewsSharkey

About three or four seats were thrown quite early in the first half, and at half time there were certainly some upset children about, and I heard some people left the ground. Early in the game, quite a few people were evicted from the ground by the stewards , who as far as I could see were generally of the elderly helpful type. A friend of mine saw at least five people (20-25 year-olds) getting kicked out at half time. They were probably actual regular U's followers, but as someone else suggests there were also some day-trippers, as there would be at most big games in the south east. I heard one at the station (with an actual burberry cap!') singing 'Up the U's' on his phone, - he'd clearly never heard it before yesterday's game.

The crowd was a real mix, - as well as the idiots there were school-holiday families, old folks, the real-ale blokes you see at every game across the country. There werea couple of Essex police in attendance, - I saw them check in at the Plough before the game - but in general not as many police as I'd have expected.

As for the size of the support, Colchester away turn-outs are often quite surprisingly large, given the pathetic home attendances, even in the north and west of the country.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 8:43]
Col U fans behaviour on 09:13 - Aug 10 with 3075 viewsJimmy86

It was their big day out and they treated it as a cup final... who can blame them, when they hadn't won at PR since 1951...
Login to get fewer ads

Col U fans behaviour on 09:13 - Aug 10 with 3067 viewshomer_123

Col U fans behaviour on 07:56 - Aug 10 by clive_baker

Back in the day, I'd go and watch Col U on a Friday night at Layer Road and Town on a Saturday at Portman Road.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Col U fans behaviour on 09:20 - Aug 10 with 2987 viewsblueprint

Col U fans behaviour on 09:13 - Aug 10 by homer_123

Back in the day, I'd go and watch Col U on a Friday night at Layer Road and Town on a Saturday at Portman Road.

I’d go to Layer rd if there was an away game I couldn’t make.

Always used to be a cheer at HT if Colchester were winning. Very strange bunch.
Col U fans behaviour on 09:21 - Aug 10 with 2977 viewsclive_baker

Col U fans behaviour on 09:13 - Aug 10 by homer_123

It's strange isn't it, I quite like to see them do well. Especailly as players have often played for both clubs over the years, it's literally never felt like a rivallry. Can't imagine being a Col U fan and trying to get up for this 'local derby' knowing the opposition literally couldn't give less of a t0ss about you.

League Cup 1st round ffs. It's hilarious.

Col U fans behaviour on 10:17 - Aug 10 with 2647 viewsSharkey

Col U fans behaviour on 09:21 - Aug 10 by clive_baker

It's strange isn't it, I quite like to see them do well. Especailly as players have often played for both clubs over the years, it's literally never felt like a rivallry. Can't imagine being a Col U fan and trying to get up for this 'local derby' knowing the opposition literally couldn't give less of a t0ss about you.

League Cup 1st round ffs. It's hilarious.

There were quite a lot of people in Churchman's who clearly could 'give a toss' , almost literally, because from the first minute to about the 80th, when they sloped off, they sat making 'w@nker' gestures, their faces twisted with vitriol, their eight-year-old kids mimicking them and the kids sitting next to me looking on in wide-eyed bewilderment.

As for it being the cup final, it IS fun to go to go away to a bigger club, to a bigger ground that you don't usually go to. (Palace three years ago in the second round was particularly memorable.) I know some (Ipswich) fans who think that maybe Town should try it some time.
Col U fans behaviour on 10:42 - Aug 10 with 2506 viewsOsborneOneNil

I had 2 cousins in the away end, and one text me to say there were some idiots ripping out seats.
Col U fans behaviour on 10:44 - Aug 10 with 2486 viewsclive_baker

Col U fans behaviour on 10:17 - Aug 10 by Sharkey

There were quite a lot of people in Churchman's who clearly could 'give a toss' , almost literally, because from the first minute to about the 80th, when they sloped off, they sat making 'w@nker' gestures, their faces twisted with vitriol, their eight-year-old kids mimicking them and the kids sitting next to me looking on in wide-eyed bewilderment.

As for it being the cup final, it IS fun to go to go away to a bigger club, to a bigger ground that you don't usually go to. (Palace three years ago in the second round was particularly memorable.) I know some (Ipswich) fans who think that maybe Town should try it some time.

They're probably the same people who would do that to Bolton and Portsmouth fans as well.

Colchester are minnows. Genuinely I'm glad they enjoyed their big day out for the League Cup 1st round.

Col U fans behaviour on 10:51 - Aug 10 with 2402 viewsSouperJim

Their level of excitement relative to the stature of the fixture was somewhat pitiful. Throwing smoke bombs on the pitch at 0-0 etc. I did quite enjoy the pitch invader though, the stewards barely engaged with him and he was then absolutely flattened by another fan, presumably ours but in the family section so could have been one of his own! Great stuff, made him look a right pillock.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Col U fans behaviour on 11:00 - Aug 10 with 2329 viewsSharkey

Col U fans behaviour on 10:51 - Aug 10 by SouperJim

Their level of excitement relative to the stature of the fixture was somewhat pitiful. Throwing smoke bombs on the pitch at 0-0 etc. I did quite enjoy the pitch invader though, the stewards barely engaged with him and he was then absolutely flattened by another fan, presumably ours but in the family section so could have been one of his own! Great stuff, made him look a right pillock.

Wasn't the pitch invader a Town fan? I thought he came out of Churchman's.
Col U fans behaviour on 11:05 - Aug 10 with 2302 viewsSouperJim

Col U fans behaviour on 11:00 - Aug 10 by Sharkey

Hmm, I thought he came out of lower cobbold... would be a bit odd if it was a Town fan. Pillock either way though.

Col U fans behaviour on 11:09 - Aug 10 with 2271 viewsSharkey

Col U fans behaviour on 11:05 - Aug 10 by SouperJim

Hmm, I thought he came out of lower cobbold... would be a bit odd if it was a Town fan. Pillock either way though.

I don't know for sure. Certainly the people round me thought he was Town.
Col U fans behaviour on 11:12 - Aug 10 with 2255 views66notout

Col U fans behaviour on 11:00 - Aug 10 by Sharkey

Didn't the same person run on to the pitch at another game, possible one of the pre-season fixtures?
Col U fans behaviour on 11:13 - Aug 10 with 2246 viewsSouperJim

Col U fans behaviour on 11:09 - Aug 10 by Sharkey

I don't know for sure. Certainly the people round me thought he was Town.

Whoever he was, I hope he enjoys his stadium ban for the sake of making himself look stupid, in the first round of the league cup no less! Some people are quite odd.

Col U fans behaviour on 11:27 - Aug 10 with 2161 viewsHarlestonblue

There should have been a stronger police presence at the ground and outside before/after the game. Equally, the Railway Police should have been out in force at the station and on the London bound trains.
The violence was quite predictable. Colchester United fans have a real grievance against Ipswich for a number of reasons: 1. The jealousy of having a much larger and more successful club just down the road. 2. The contrast between stadiums/trophies/fanbase is stark. 3. Essex, especially North Essex is a catchment area for ITFC and there are probably more Ipswich fans than Colchester there.
I worked with one of their fans and he got very heated when these issues were given an airing.
Col U fans behaviour on 11:34 - Aug 10 with 2115 viewsbournemouthblue

Col U fans behaviour on 11:05 - Aug 10 by SouperJim

This wouldn't be the first time Col U fans have tried this at Portman Road if it indeed was a Colchester fan, I remember one of them leaping the fence in one of our games and quickly get dealt with by the stewards

They clearly have a hoolie element who get particularly excited for Ipswich away

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Col U fans behaviour on 11:35 - Aug 10 with 2095 viewsbournemouthblue

Col U fans behaviour on 10:17 - Aug 10 by Sharkey

Palace are neither a bigger club nor have a bigger ground than us

But yes they are far better than us currently and will be for quite some time

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Col U fans behaviour on 12:10 - Aug 10 with 1981 viewsVegtablue

Col U fans behaviour on 11:35 - Aug 10 by bournemouthblue

Palace are neither a bigger club nor have a bigger ground than us

But yes they are far better than us currently and will be for quite some time

Yes I thought that an odd name choice! Must be someone who hasn't been to Selhurst before
Col U fans behaviour on 12:37 - Aug 10 with 1865 viewsSharkey

Col U fans behaviour on 12:10 - Aug 10 by Vegtablue

Yes I thought that an odd name choice! Must be someone who hasn't been to Selhurst before

No, I simply meant Colchester enjoy a day out at any bigger club, not just at Ipswich, and would take a lot of fans . On the last cup run the U’s played at C. Palace and Man U , and these are the (and had a full stadium for Spurs at home.)I appreciate that the clubs substantially bigger than town are far fewer, but they do exist, and some of them appear in the second round of the League Cup, and if you can get to third round the chances are good you’ll get one. You can’t get into the third round if you don’t even try in the first. I mean if Town were going to Stratford or the Emirates in this cup, there would be interest and there would be a kind of party atmosphere. If Colchester get say QPR or Fulham or Norwich in the next round, the support will again be large.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024