Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The problem with rotation is... 09:04 - Aug 10 with 2931 viewsitfcjoe

....you sometimes have to rotate the wrong players into games.

Last night a case in point, Kayden Jackson has proven himself to be very effective under McKenna, either as a second half sub when game stretched more, or against teams that try and push on a bit and he can exploit the space in behind.

But whilst he had 'earned' a start last night and deserved one, it was a game totally not suited to his skillset and we really suffered because of it.

Harper just doesn't suit that deep lying midfield role at all, Cole Skuse on the other side was far superior and when Lee Evans came on the difference between him and Harper was absolute night and day. I'd hope/assume Humphreys or El Miz can have usurped him as 4th CM in the squad as he just looks so far off it.

A game like that really shows up Cameron Burgess as well as he just moves the ball so slowly, fine when it is kick and head it, but in most of our games we will dominate possession and need someone on there who can play the ball at the speed of the rest of the team.

For all the quality in the squad, and it is a good squad there are 4 players who are a level above for me - Walton, Edmundson, Woolfenden and Morsy - if any of the 3 outfielders mentioned are missing we just aren't the same team. Notable mentions for others like Evans, Burns and Donacien who are a long way ahead of their back ups as well.

The need for a striker is clear, Jackson will be a very useful and effective player this season, but if he has to start a run of games and we come up against sides happy to take a point (which is nearly every game at PR) then we will struggle

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The problem with rotation is... on 14:34 - Aug 10 with 226 viewsjayessess

The problem with rotation is... on 14:26 - Aug 10 by Vaughan8

You've got some love for Jackson I must say. I'm sure you've said this facts before.

OK, but that isn't over a sustained period like a season.

If anyone thinks Jackson is the answer, then the questions isn't who is going to score the goals to take us up.

Not particularly. I think people go overboard on the criticism is all.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The problem with rotation is... on 14:37 - Aug 10 with 224 viewsTractorTom5

The problem with rotation is... on 11:56 - Aug 10 by BlueBadger

Tell us again how Penney is out best left back.

No need to, he’ll be off doin and show his left foot off for himself
I do remember George and km stating he’s the best crosser if the ball at the club.
Mr Ashton however likes to pay big bucks for his players and Zpenney I think was a free
Will be i tereting to see how Keogh dies- a strange one that at his age they’ve bought him out of his contract at Blackpool where he had a year left- odd
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024