Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Having looked through.. 09:43 - Aug 10 with 574 viewsnorfsufblue

last night's and this morning's post I think its pretty clear that as supporters we just don't like losing ANY game, we go to be entertained and successful, the modern ethos to be pragmatic about results by the club itself goes against the grain of why anybody goes to a football match. The problem I have is someone of my age remembers when EVERY game was contested by every team ..TWTD
Having looked through.. on 10:01 - Aug 10 with 484 viewsWonky

Fans would also swap a cup run for league points. I think the disappointment mainly comes from the previous dismal failures. The team last night had more than enough quality and chances to win the game.

Kudos to Chambers for organising their back line so well.
Having looked through.. on 15:16 - Aug 10 with 358 viewsPioneerBlue

The club ultimately say please loan us your goodwill for squad minutes investment today and we will repay you with league points and win interest later. It’s the never never until we see league success, P11 finishes in return for early cup exists simply doesn’t work for most supporters!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Having looked through.. on 15:28 - Aug 10 with 329 viewsdirtyboy

I think much is a generation of people who expect instant success, they don't have to wait for their Commordore 64 to load up like us older generation, their phones are instant, they don't have to watch adverts like we did, they just stream and skip.

Same with the club, can't wait for 40 games to be played and see where we are, expect us to be promoted after 2 games and win the cup before it's played lol!

The journey is where most of the fun and emotions come from, 10 more games in we'll start to see how the season is shaping up, January we'll see what happens in our squad and across the league and from that point, anything can still happen.

I'm still looking forward to games and only have to look back a couple of weeks when there was no league football and I was miserable every Saturday!

Just grateful we're playing nice football and being entertained to be honest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024