Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One year deal, literally here to be 09:56 - Aug 10 with 1459 viewsCheltenham_Blue

the experienced voice on the training pitch and in the dressing room.

His job is literally to talk us over the line to promotion, put confidence in the squad where its lacking, and then step in as cover with injuries.

Literally as described by McKenna yesterday.

Good signing.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

One year deal, literally here to be on 10:26 - Aug 10 with 1360 viewsLeoMuff

Indeed, knows how to get promoted and defend in tough games at a higher level, great back up, no idea what the fuss is, far better quality cover than Burgess on the evidence of Sat and end of last season.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 10:39]

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

One year deal, literally here to be on 11:43 - Aug 10 with 1267 viewstheinbetweener

Yep. Anyone that can’t see this obviously doesn’t understand football.

Shrewd signing.
One year deal, literally here to be on 11:46 - Aug 10 with 1257 viewstextbackup

Also very likely to ply vs Derby and get a winning goal

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

One year deal, literally here to be on 11:46 - Aug 10 with 1256 viewsJ2BLUE

It's a great signing.

He's still a good player. We skimped on defensive cover all through the Evans era and now we have owners paying a fee to bring in the precise skillset we need.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One year deal, literally here to be on 13:13 - Aug 10 with 1154 viewsChondzoresk

Yup, agree with everyone here. It’s a shrewd bit of business. Probably knows a thing or two about the dark arts too.
One year deal, literally here to be on 13:17 - Aug 10 with 1143 viewsclive_baker

Not to mention a mentor to the likes of Woolfy and Edmundson. Always good to have an experienced head around, someone who has spent the past decade playing week in, week out in the Championship. They're 23 / 24, they're not the finished article by any means and it's good for them to have someone at such close quarters that they can learn from.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

One year deal, literally here to be on 14:05 - Aug 10 with 1064 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One year deal, literally here to be on 13:17 - Aug 10 by clive_baker

Not to mention a mentor to the likes of Woolfy and Edmundson. Always good to have an experienced head around, someone who has spent the past decade playing week in, week out in the Championship. They're 23 / 24, they're not the finished article by any means and it's good for them to have someone at such close quarters that they can learn from.

I'd forgotten Edmundson is only 24, he seems like an old pro on the pitch and way more experienced than Woolfy. Imagine how good he'll be with a few more years experience behind him (as the best central defenders often are).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

One year deal, literally here to be on 14:06 - Aug 10 with 1057 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Are you sponsored by the word 'literally'?

Login to get fewer ads

One year deal, literally here to be on 14:11 - Aug 10 with 1044 viewsCheltenham_Blue

One year deal, literally here to be on 14:06 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

Are you sponsored by the word 'literally'?

No, maybe I should be.
Do you happen to know who its PR company is?

Don't reply if you don't know, you've literally wasted my time.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

One year deal, literally here to be on 14:13 - Aug 10 with 1038 viewsSouperJim

This, plus 27 appearances for Blackpool in the Championship last season. More than capable of playing 20+ games for us if needed.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

One year deal, literally here to be on 14:34 - Aug 10 with 982 viewsGlasgowBlue

No way has he left a Championship club just to sit on the bench and be a strong character in the dressing room.

If I was a betting man then I'd say he will end up playing more games than Donacien. Which may sound unfair after the season he has just had but McKenna will want us to push on to the next level..

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

One year deal, literally here to be on 14:43 - Aug 10 with 958 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One year deal, literally here to be on 14:11 - Aug 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

No, maybe I should be.
Do you happen to know who its PR company is?

Don't reply if you don't know, you've literally wasted my time.

I have literally no idea.

One year deal, literally here to be on 14:46 - Aug 10 with 943 viewsJ2BLUE

One year deal, literally here to be on 14:34 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

No way has he left a Championship club just to sit on the bench and be a strong character in the dressing room.

If I was a betting man then I'd say he will end up playing more games than Donacien. Which may sound unfair after the season he has just had but McKenna will want us to push on to the next level..

He's 36 and he's moved a lot closer to his family. I'm sure he will play 25+ games from the bench or covering injuries.

What an asset off the bench when defending a lead.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One year deal, literally here to be on 17:02 - Aug 10 with 805 viewsSheffordBlue

One year deal, literally here to be on 13:17 - Aug 10 by clive_baker

Likewise the forwards will also benefit from training against him in and day out
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 18:57]

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

One year deal, literally here to be on 17:08 - Aug 10 with 798 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One year deal, literally here to be on 17:02 - Aug 10 by SheffordBlue

Likewise the forwards will also benefit from training against him in and day out
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 18:57]

I think you're making a straw man there.

One year deal, literally here to be on 17:10 - Aug 10 with 792 viewsGlasgowBlue

One year deal, literally here to be on 17:08 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think you're making a straw man there.

Are we signing Gareth Bale?

Iron Lion Zion

One year deal, literally here to be on 17:17 - Aug 10 with 769 viewsElephantintheRoom

A bit like Chambers perhaps?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

One year deal, literally here to be on 17:37 - Aug 10 with 735 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One year deal, literally here to be on 17:10 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

Are we signing Gareth Bale?

These jokes are a bit corny.

One year deal, literally here to be on 17:58 - Aug 10 with 694 viewsGlasgowBlue

One year deal, literally here to be on 17:37 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

These jokes are a bit corny.

Wheat until I think of another.

Iron Lion Zion

One year deal, literally here to be on 18:15 - Aug 10 with 658 viewsWhos_blue

One year deal, literally here to be on 14:34 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not so sure.
He's a very different player to JD.
JD links up so well with Burns (though that partnership hasn't quite got going yet).
It would mean quite a change in formation style.
That said, with 5 subs we will see that more during the game I guess.
I have no doubt he hasn't come here to simply make up the numbers. I think our back 3 is one of the most settled areas of the team.
Whilst I think Keough is a good signing, it's not imnediately clear to me how he'll be used.
You never know, he could be this generation's Mowbray!!!
I'll take a back post equalising header at Wembley anytime!!!!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024