Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All this talk of the strength of our bench.... 10:12 - Aug 10 with 1531 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...got well and truly put to the sword last night.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 10:18 - Aug 10 with 1479 viewshoppy

But did it?

What it showed is that for all the strength of the bench, they are primarily very good bench players to bring in and replace/cover for our first choice XI, not to all be put in together and be expected to be the same team our first choice team is. When they come off the bench, or fill in, then they have other first choice players around them, so that is where the strength lies.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 10:59 - Aug 10 with 1408 viewsSouperJim

We absolutely battered them.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 11:35 - Aug 10 with 1353 viewsghostofescobar

Do you think that the “reserve” squad of any team over all four divisions, when playing together competitively for the first time, and with some not having played at all, would hit the ground running and be purring like a total football machine from the off?? Maybe Man City, but apart from that?

GhostOfEscobar

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 11:37 - Aug 10 with 1348 viewsbournemouthblue

Put to the sword with 78% possession and 16 shots, did Col U only have 1 shot on target in the end, one which came from a suicidal pass?

It's a shocking result but it's not like we have been played off the park is it?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 11:57 - Aug 10 with 1292 viewsdirtyboy

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 11:37 - Aug 10 by bournemouthblue

Put to the sword with 78% possession and 16 shots, did Col U only have 1 shot on target in the end, one which came from a suicidal pass?

It's a shocking result but it's not like we have been played off the park is it?

How dare you talk sense! Be away with you!
All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 12:21 - Aug 10 with 1217 viewsNthQldITFC

Balls. Very strong bench, just lacking a finisher/attitude adjustment up front.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 12:27 - Aug 10 with 1193 viewshoppy

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 12:21 - Aug 10 by NthQldITFC

Balls. Very strong bench, just lacking a finisher/attitude adjustment up front.

Ball wasn't on the bench.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 12:29 - Aug 10 with 1180 viewsOsborneOneNil

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 11:37 - Aug 10 by bournemouthblue

Exactly that. We battered them and didn't score.
Login to get fewer ads

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 12:48 - Aug 10 with 1132 viewsJ2BLUE

What a load of sh1te.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 15:51 - Aug 10 with 971 viewsBigCommon

Couple of players conspicuous in their absence last night, imo..
Morsy holds it together and generally gets a few extra percent from those around him.
Walton organises the defence. I doubt that goal happens with Walton commanding the back line.
I would have played Ladapo. Just to try and get him up and running with a goal. (This comment is not in hindsight. I would have just played him first 45).
I still maintain that promotion is our priority. So I'm not buying into any comments from KM or players/staff, about how great a cup run would be. Imo, if that were the case. We would start our strongest 11. Get the job done, And bring important players off..
Also, without mentioning by name. There are one or two players in this squad. That have been given a decent crack under Cook and KM, that just aren't going to make it here. They are struggling to meet current standards. And if we are looking to improve further. They will probably fall further behind the required standard...A few of them, need to some how, find an extra level overnight. Or they might aswell be moved on..
Lastly. There's a lot to be said for experience, composure and mental strength.. For all our domination last night, we looked a bit panicked at times. I don't want to say desperate, but....
People have scoffed at the Keogh signing. I'm pleased we've bought some more leadership and experiemce into the squad. I thought we lacked that last might, personally. Little bit "headless chickens".
All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 23:36 - Aug 10 with 803 viewsSharkey

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 15:51 - Aug 10 by BigCommon

Couple of players conspicuous in their absence last night, imo..
Morsy holds it together and generally gets a few extra percent from those around him.
Walton organises the defence. I doubt that goal happens with Walton commanding the back line.
I would have played Ladapo. Just to try and get him up and running with a goal. (This comment is not in hindsight. I would have just played him first 45).
I still maintain that promotion is our priority. So I'm not buying into any comments from KM or players/staff, about how great a cup run would be. Imo, if that were the case. We would start our strongest 11. Get the job done, And bring important players off..
Also, without mentioning by name. There are one or two players in this squad. That have been given a decent crack under Cook and KM, that just aren't going to make it here. They are struggling to meet current standards. And if we are looking to improve further. They will probably fall further behind the required standard...A few of them, need to some how, find an extra level overnight. Or they might aswell be moved on..
Lastly. There's a lot to be said for experience, composure and mental strength.. For all our domination last night, we looked a bit panicked at times. I don't want to say desperate, but....
People have scoffed at the Keogh signing. I'm pleased we've bought some more leadership and experiemce into the squad. I thought we lacked that last might, personally. Little bit "headless chickens".

Agree with all of that. Put a bit more quality on the pitch first half and Colchester won't be coming back from 2-0 down at half-time and you can give plenty of people a run-out in the second half. As it was, the last twenty minutes when quite a few of the A team were on was when Colchester looked at their most comfortable all evening, with Chambers and Eastman largely unruffled.
All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 03:17 - Aug 11 with 737 viewsKropotkin123

From a player that probably wouldn't have started, had Ball been fit at the start of the season.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 08:23 - Aug 11 with 615 viewsDJR

I watched the extended highlights and there's no comparison with our cup games last season when we struggled to create a chance. We should have really won 3-1, and the 1 wouldn't have happened apart from a mistake by a player who looks unlikely to feature this season. It may take a bit of a while for our new players to bed in, but we are clearly in very good shape in terms of our play and increased chances. All that is perhaps missing is an additional striker which I am sure will happen.
All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 09:37 - Aug 11 with 537 viewsitfcsuth

One poor error, from a player who actually did OK other than the huge blip.

Let's not be silly though, excluding that, we dominated and had enough chances to comfortably win the game.
All this talk of the strength of our bench.... on 09:47 - Aug 11 with 517 viewsericclacton

Reinforced steel slats
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024