Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This board is a bit fraught this morning. 10:13 - Aug 10 with 1422 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone would think that we weren't unbeaten in the league since April 16th.
Anyone would think that we don't have one of the most coveted coaches in football.
Anyone would think that we don't have a ownership group prepared to invest.
Anyone would think that we don't play entertaining football.
Anyone would think that we aren't probably one or two players away from what we need.
Anyone would think that we had a full stadium last night with all these 'insights'

No, because the B side lost to Col U.

Will someone do me a synopsis of the day on here at about 3pm please? I've work to do and If I stay here I can see myself shouting at someone.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 10:14 - Aug 10 with 1388 viewsDJR

Spot on.
This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 10:28 - Aug 10 with 1324 viewsPioneerBlue

Hit the mute tag on those having a whinge !

Different questions. How many games will RK start? Is he here to start games, part of the rotation system to ensure players are not overused, or is he here to make up the squad numbers and training numbers…?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 14:45]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 10:30 - Aug 10 with 1315 viewshomer_123

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 10:28 - Aug 10 by PioneerBlue

Hit the mute tag on those having a whinge !

Different questions. How many games will RK start? Is he here to start games, part of the rotation system to ensure players are not overused, or is he here to make up the squad numbers and training numbers…?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 14:45]

we use wing backs, not wingers.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 10:36 - Aug 10 with 1283 viewsitfcsuth

We are doing absolutely fine.

We have a strong infrastructure, a brilliant young manager & a strong squad. We have started the league promisingly and we look to build on it on Saturday.

Whilst a defeat in the cup is obviously disappointing, its borderline irrelevant, and should be viewed as an extension game for the squad players - and that's exactly what it was. We still had enough chances to win that game last night, no doubt about it.

No need for any overreaction, but we as a fanbase are very good at unnecessarily overreacting.
This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 10:41 - Aug 10 with 1261 viewsLeoMuff

We are also clearly seeking a striker to add to the squad, absolute flounce scenes since the ressies lost to col who

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 10:42 - Aug 10 with 1263 viewsSouperJim

It's ridiculous. I went to the game, we weren't at our best but we absolutely dominated the game, should have had at least a couple of goals in the first half, multiple good opportunities went begging. We did more than enough to win the game 19 times out of 20. McKenna can't account for that kind of profligate finishing, it was just a freak result... in the league cup... having made 10 changes.

The level of bed wetting amongst our fans at times is out of control.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 10:58 - Aug 10 with 1234 viewsblueasfook

Goes against what Mckenna said though, about him wanting a good run in the league cup and then he puts out a second string side.

I think that's what many are irked about.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 10:59]

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 11:03 - Aug 10 with 1215 viewsSouperJim

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 10:58 - Aug 10 by blueasfook

Goes against what Mckenna said though, about him wanting a good run in the league cup and then he puts out a second string side.

Wanting a good run and wanting to get minutes into the wider squad aren't mutually exclusive. Anyone who was only expecting a handful of changes last night is a touch daft. We're clearly not going to voluntarily do sat-tues-sat with the first 11 this early in the season.

Login to get fewer ads

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 11:06 - Aug 10 with 1204 viewsitfcsuth

Yes I am sure he would have liked a cup run, but he also wanted to get minutes into other players, something he clearly stated at his press conference last week.

It wasn't to be, it happens in football - we got minutes in to the legs of some squad players, we weren't sensational, but we missed some decent opportunities to win the game.
This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 11:09 - Aug 10 with 1185 viewsITFC_1988

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 11:03 - Aug 10 by SouperJim

Wanting a good run and wanting to get minutes into the wider squad aren't mutually exclusive. Anyone who was only expecting a handful of changes last night is a touch daft. We're clearly not going to voluntarily do sat-tues-sat with the first 11 this early in the season.

Exactly. Imagine if Morsy, Edmundson, JD etc. played the 90 and then got injured, those same posters would be moaning that he had risked key players for a nothing game.

Madness.
This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 11:10 - Aug 10 with 1182 viewsSouperJim

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 11:06 - Aug 10 by itfcsuth

Yes I am sure he would have liked a cup run, but he also wanted to get minutes into other players, something he clearly stated at his press conference last week.

It wasn't to be, it happens in football - we got minutes in to the legs of some squad players, we weren't sensational, but we missed some decent opportunities to win the game.

Please stop posting such common sense, you're ruining other people's opportunity for a good whinge.

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 11:39 - Aug 10 with 1113 viewsBlueBadger

Bah, Cookie would have gotten us promoted by now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 14:45 - Aug 10 with 979 viewsPioneerBlue

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 10:30 - Aug 10 by homer_123

we use wing backs, not wingers.

Corrected!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 14:50 - Aug 10 with 955 viewsKropotkin123

He wants a run in the cup so the second strong can stay as sharp as possible, not so he can see how far he gets with his preferred first team.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 14:51 - Aug 10 with 951 viewsjayessess

Yeah, it's a bit much, isn't it?

There's always concerns to find about any football team, but you don't learn anything definitive in a 10-day-old season.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 14:52]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 14:53 - Aug 10 with 939 viewsGlasgowBlue

This place was unbearable after the game. I logged off.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 15:03 - Aug 10 with 923 viewsusm

We've lost whatever momentum we had - I think that's a concern, especially when you look at what Bolton, Pompey, Derby etc did last night.
And then there's KMK's statement that he wanted games - well if we'd played a stronger side he'd almost certainly have another game.
Having said all that, I did not go but have seen the highlights and we clearly dominated, but we do seem to lack a cutting edge, although if Humphreys had netted one of the two excellent chances he had I'm sure we would have gone on to win.
Nothing too concerning, but so far we've scored 3 goals in 3 games - and conceded 3. Hardly scintillating but some very positive signs.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 15:31 - Aug 10 with 892 viewsKropotkin123

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 15:03 - Aug 10 by usm

We've lost whatever momentum we had - I think that's a concern, especially when you look at what Bolton, Pompey, Derby etc did last night.
And then there's KMK's statement that he wanted games - well if we'd played a stronger side he'd almost certainly have another game.
Having said all that, I did not go but have seen the highlights and we clearly dominated, but we do seem to lack a cutting edge, although if Humphreys had netted one of the two excellent chances he had I'm sure we would have gone on to win.
Nothing too concerning, but so far we've scored 3 goals in 3 games - and conceded 3. Hardly scintillating but some very positive signs.

Lost momentum? You can see into the future? Statistics suggest that there is no correlation between promotion and a League cup exit at the first round. So please, prove it.

Show some sort of evidence that is has negatively impacted our momentum going into our league games.

Show some sort of evidence that Bolton, Portsmouth, Derby, etc are more likely to get promoted as a result of reaching the second round.

And Derby must be buzzing after scraping a 2-1 win against 10-man Mansfield thanks to an early own goal. Mansfield had 18 shots to Derby's 13!

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 15:49 - Aug 10 with 865 viewsDyland

It's been pretty tragic, predictably. Arf!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 15:50 - Aug 10 with 862 viewsWickets

My biggest worry is Colchester with several youngsters in their team showed more Guts and determination than we did .We seem to have no leaders except Morsy in the squad .Hopefully Ball and Keane can add to that .
This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 16:18 - Aug 10 with 835 viewsusm

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 15:31 - Aug 10 by Kropotkin123

Lost momentum? You can see into the future? Statistics suggest that there is no correlation between promotion and a League cup exit at the first round. So please, prove it.

Show some sort of evidence that is has negatively impacted our momentum going into our league games.

Show some sort of evidence that Bolton, Portsmouth, Derby, etc are more likely to get promoted as a result of reaching the second round.

And Derby must be buzzing after scraping a 2-1 win against 10-man Mansfield thanks to an early own goal. Mansfield had 18 shots to Derby's 13!

Pardon? What has momentum got to do with the future? We lost, hence the momentum gained by the previous 2 unbeaten games has been lost. I never mentioned promotion.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 16:48 - Aug 10 with 803 viewsjayessess

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 16:18 - Aug 10 by usm

Pardon? What has momentum got to do with the future? We lost, hence the momentum gained by the previous 2 unbeaten games has been lost. I never mentioned promotion.

If we're so fragile that the second string losing a cup tie knocks us out of our stride, then heaven help us

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 17:09 - Aug 10 with 777 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sounds positive.

The other side of things however. Depending If you want a balanced view and not just trying to look at positives.

3 wins in 13 games.
Scoring goals still looks to be a problem.
A young coach without any experience in getting sides promoted from league 1 let alone actually managing a side.
We have been 1 or 2 players away since Keane first said it when he took over as manager.
The B side you call it contained a majority of players who should be pushing for the lineup on Saturday. It wasn't a side containing 80% u23s. It also contained players KM has signed. Or given new deals to.

Absolutely the league is bread and butter and its upto each individual on how they wish to see things at ITFC. But just like KM will do with player performances. The performances and results of the club are absolutely there to be discussed in various forms by the fans.

Anyone can twist things to how they wish. The above looks negative. It won't be liked.

Yours is positive. The positive ones will love it.

The ones in the middle don't exist on twtd as you either are an 'inner' or you'll be told you've been waiting to get the pitchforks out.

So let's all share in the positives and negatives.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 22:18 - Aug 10 with 693 viewsKropotkin123

This board is a bit fraught this morning. on 16:18 - Aug 10 by usm

"We lost, hence the momentum gained by the previous 2 unbeaten games has been lost."

You are making a prediction that the second-string team's defeat will have impacted the first team's impetuous in a completely different competition. You are making an assumption that the first team will be wetting their beds as much as you, which is hard to believe.

I know you didn't mention promotion. Promotion is what momentum leads to. Historically, statistics show that teams ~50% of teams were knocked out of the first round of the League cup and it didn't impact their momentum.

You can't give proof of your claims. All you've given is more anecdotal nonsense, guided by your pre-established beliefs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024