Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face 11:09 - Aug 10 with 2292 viewsBobsthename

We need a striker who knows where the back of the net is who do people think we should sign is it Hirst? i would like to think we have a list and Ashton is working down it as we speak.
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:49 - Aug 10 with 575 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:20 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

He’s played enough. He seems a decent link up player but hasn’t shown that he’s getting into the right positions to score.

Plus yesterday mattered to the squad players. It was their chance to stake a claim but I don’t think any of them managed to do so.

He almost did score v Bolton. He had 30 mins in that game, 20 mins on Saturday (not including injury time). So he's played around an hour for the first team. A little early to be writing him off I'd say.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:54 - Aug 10 with 560 viewspointofblue

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:49 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

He almost did score v Bolton. He had 30 mins in that game, 20 mins on Saturday (not including injury time). So he's played around an hour for the first team. A little early to be writing him off I'd say.

A lot of our players seem to almost score. The issue is with the word ‘almost’.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:55 - Aug 10 with 560 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:28 - Aug 10 by Veggie

Right. Seeing as it’s you, what is the problem with that comment. Enough to downvote it and accuse me of not having a brain in my nut?

George Hirst has been the only striker (as far as I am aware) that has been officially linked with us (confirmed by Stuart Watson - our best and most reliable source for ITFC def info). So I ask again, what is your issue with my comment?

That Ashton is hardly likely to share his list with ANYONE, let alone a journalist or a supporter on a forum.

What's notable since the new regime came in is how well we've managed to keep signings a secret.

Even without the above, logic would tell you we don't just have a list of one potential signing. It's just beyond stupid. Even Evans wouldn't run a football club like that, let alone Ashton.

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:56 - Aug 10 with 558 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:35 - Aug 10 by Veggie

Ah suddenly conveniently logged off now. Surprise, surprise.

Wowsers, you gave me a whole 7 minutes to reply before accusing me of running away! So generous!

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:58 - Aug 10 with 555 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:54 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

A lot of our players seem to almost score. The issue is with the word ‘almost’.

You said he "hasn’t shown that he’s getting into the right positions to score."

Regardless, he's played an hour and you're writing him off!

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 16:10 - Aug 10 with 529 viewspointofblue

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:58 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

You said he "hasn’t shown that he’s getting into the right positions to score."

Regardless, he's played an hour and you're writing him off!

Be fair, I had concerns from the moment we signed him! Six goals in 42 first team appearances is not the best of returns though, admittedly, without going through Soccerbase I can’t tell how long each of those appearances were for.

Considering the standard and type of players we were signing over the summer, John-Jules stood out as a slightly odd one, especially considering the issues we’ve been having at this level with scoring.

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 16:15 - Aug 10 with 526 viewsVeggie

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:55 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

That Ashton is hardly likely to share his list with ANYONE, let alone a journalist or a supporter on a forum.

What's notable since the new regime came in is how well we've managed to keep signings a secret.

Even without the above, logic would tell you we don't just have a list of one potential signing. It's just beyond stupid. Even Evans wouldn't run a football club like that, let alone Ashton.

Sometimes I do wonder about your intelligence (you know, since you accused ME of having no brain). You come on here asking incredibly basic questions about how to open a bank account and how to renew a passport. Things the average 18 year old can easily figure out for themselves. Generally, I’d put these these down as thinly veiled ‘look at me’ type posts. Ooh I’m buying a flat. Ooh I’m going on holiday. Ohh I’m writing a book. But with you I’m not so sure. As someone who likes to tell everyone about yourself, you claim to be a commercial writer, yet you appear to have absolutely no sense of irony, or indeed a sense of humour at all. Very odd.
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 16:18 - Aug 10 with 519 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 16:10 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

Be fair, I had concerns from the moment we signed him! Six goals in 42 first team appearances is not the best of returns though, admittedly, without going through Soccerbase I can’t tell how long each of those appearances were for.

Considering the standard and type of players we were signing over the summer, John-Jules stood out as a slightly odd one, especially considering the issues we’ve been having at this level with scoring.

I get your concerns, but he's highly rated, from a top Prem team, and is a bit of a punt. Not much to lose really, and could be an inspired signing. I've liked the look of the little we've seen.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love us to get a proven (and bit more experienced) goalscorer.

Login to get fewer ads

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 16:20 - Aug 10 with 512 viewsDyland

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:40 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

Macauley Bonne? James Norwood?

How about we ask Forest Green Rovers if we can loan Conor Wickham?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 16:22 - Aug 10 with 508 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 16:15 - Aug 10 by Veggie

Sometimes I do wonder about your intelligence (you know, since you accused ME of having no brain). You come on here asking incredibly basic questions about how to open a bank account and how to renew a passport. Things the average 18 year old can easily figure out for themselves. Generally, I’d put these these down as thinly veiled ‘look at me’ type posts. Ooh I’m buying a flat. Ooh I’m going on holiday. Ohh I’m writing a book. But with you I’m not so sure. As someone who likes to tell everyone about yourself, you claim to be a commercial writer, yet you appear to have absolutely no sense of irony, or indeed a sense of humour at all. Very odd.

I've not asked either of those questions.
All this rant appears to be is you avoiding my perfectly logical point. Because you know it's logical and now feel a little silly.
It's ok to be silly. I'm silly all the time.

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 16:40 - Aug 10 with 457 viewspointofblue

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 16:18 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

I get your concerns, but he's highly rated, from a top Prem team, and is a bit of a punt. Not much to lose really, and could be an inspired signing. I've liked the look of the little we've seen.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love us to get a proven (and bit more experienced) goalscorer.

It’s as I said before - I’d probably be far happier if we get a proven scorer through the door. I’m not sure if Hirst is the answer for me though; I’d prefer him OR John-Jules rather than both due to their youth. Feels like we need to bring someone in who is battle-hardened with a good record at this level.

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 16:45 - Aug 10 with 451 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 16:40 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

It’s as I said before - I’d probably be far happier if we get a proven scorer through the door. I’m not sure if Hirst is the answer for me though; I’d prefer him OR John-Jules rather than both due to their youth. Feels like we need to bring someone in who is battle-hardened with a good record at this level.

Yeah fair points. Let's see where we're at when the window closes. I imagine there's loads going on behind the scenes we don't know about. Ashton and McKenna aren't daft, they'll know what's required.

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 17:15 - Aug 10 with 429 viewsVeggie

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 16:22 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

I've not asked either of those questions.
All this rant appears to be is you avoiding my perfectly logical point. Because you know it's logical and now feel a little silly.
It's ok to be silly. I'm silly all the time.

It’s ok Dolly. I can see you’re just a bit of a dimwit so I won’t bother trying to reason with you anymore. Life has its ups and downs.
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 17:26 - Aug 10 with 418 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 17:15 - Aug 10 by Veggie

It’s ok Dolly. I can see you’re just a bit of a dimwit so I won’t bother trying to reason with you anymore. Life has its ups and downs.

LOL, ok then. Given you've downarrowed the most reasonable post in the world above, I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

You're still avoiding the point. And you took 7 minutes short of an hour to do it. Considering you only gave me 7 minutes full stop, before bleating I'd done a runner, that's rather ironic!

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 17:28 - Aug 10 with 416 viewsTractorTom5

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 13:41 - Aug 10 by Veggie

Seems like that list is: George Hirst.

I’m not sure what happens if we don’t get him. Although judging by the about turn in targets with the Keogh signing, I’m half expecting Steve Claridge.

Hirst ain’t coming !
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 18:36 - Aug 10 with 391 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 16:45 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah fair points. Let's see where we're at when the window closes. I imagine there's loads going on behind the scenes we don't know about. Ashton and McKenna aren't daft, they'll know what's required.

They may not be daft but Kayden Jackson was still handed a new contract. What have they seen in him?
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 18:54 - Aug 10 with 359 viewsVic

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 12:23 - Aug 10 by jayessess

I think it's very early to be writing obituaries about our attack, especially the 3 new forwards.

Admittedly 1 in 270 minutes is a poor start in terms of forwards scoring goals, but still plenty of time for forward line to kick on.

Yeah, but by going early there’s a chance that in 2 months time he can bask in the glow of being right.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 19:41 - Aug 10 with 312 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 18:36 - Aug 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

They may not be daft but Kayden Jackson was still handed a new contract. What have they seen in him?

Same as we all did at the back end of last season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024