Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face 11:09 - Aug 10 with 2290 viewsBobsthename

We need a striker who knows where the back of the net is who do people think we should sign is it Hirst? i would like to think we have a list and Ashton is working down it as we speak.
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 11:29 - Aug 10 with 1641 viewspointofblue

We need more than one. Unfortunately I think John-Jules is a poor signing taking up a squad place, Jackson only works in specific circumstances and Ladapo is better in a two but we play with one up front.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 11:31 - Aug 10 with 1625 viewsKeno

my nose is broken and crooked , do we really want that sort of striker
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 11:48]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 11:36 - Aug 10 with 1612 viewsstopmoaning

Diego Costa! Haha.
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 12:17 - Aug 10 with 1572 viewsSouperJim

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 11:29 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

We need more than one. Unfortunately I think John-Jules is a poor signing taking up a squad place, Jackson only works in specific circumstances and Ladapo is better in a two but we play with one up front.

That's a hot take on John Jules, he's a young lad and has bags of promise, lots of good moments from him so far and it's very early days.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 12:21 - Aug 10 with 1525 viewsCheltenham_Blue

John-Jules isn’t taking up a squad place. He was U21 on Jan 1st

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 12:23 - Aug 10 with 1519 viewsjayessess

I think it's very early to be writing obituaries about our attack, especially the 3 new forwards.

Admittedly 1 in 270 minutes is a poor start in terms of forwards scoring goals, but still plenty of time for forward line to kick on.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 13:37 - Aug 10 with 1398 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Watching the highlights from last night I was wondering if we have a sports psychologist on the staff. So many opportunities in front of goal with so little composure. I think our inability to capitalise on our dominance with goals has become a psychological block with our team. Norwood, Piggott, Jackson, Ladapo, Bonne, Chaplin, JJ: they have all scored goals at various points in their careers, often in much less capable teams, but for some reason just can not put the ball in the net for us.
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 13:41 - Aug 10 with 1382 viewsVeggie

Seems like that list is: George Hirst.

I’m not sure what happens if we don’t get him. Although judging by the about turn in targets with the Keogh signing, I’m half expecting Steve Claridge.
Login to get fewer ads

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 13:44 - Aug 10 with 1366 viewsVeggie

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 13:37 - Aug 10 by C_Jam_Blue

Watching the highlights from last night I was wondering if we have a sports psychologist on the staff. So many opportunities in front of goal with so little composure. I think our inability to capitalise on our dominance with goals has become a psychological block with our team. Norwood, Piggott, Jackson, Ladapo, Bonne, Chaplin, JJ: they have all scored goals at various points in their careers, often in much less capable teams, but for some reason just can not put the ball in the net for us.

We have that bloke with the yellow shoes.
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 13:49 - Aug 10 with 1334 viewsGlasgowBlue

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 13:41 - Aug 10 by Veggie

I’m not sure what happens if we don’t get him. Although judging by the about turn in targets with the Keogh signing, I’m half expecting Steve Claridge.

I would imagine George Hirst is our number one target and we are doing everything we can to get him here.

If that doesn’t work out then Ashton will have somebody else we will get in by deadline day.

No need to panic.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 14:14 - Aug 10 with 1255 viewsGuthrum

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 12:23 - Aug 10 by jayessess

I think it's very early to be writing obituaries about our attack, especially the 3 new forwards.

Admittedly 1 in 270 minutes is a poor start in terms of forwards scoring goals, but still plenty of time for forward line to kick on.

Spot on. Especially as our regular League starting forwards only got 20 minutes last night, or were not in the squad at all.

Altho I don't particularly care whether our strikers are scoring themselves or helping others to, as long as the goals go in. Just need to be taking their chances when available.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 14:16 - Aug 10 with 1240 viewsBlueStreak

Charlie Austin found a club yet?
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 14:18 - Aug 10 with 1238 viewscressi

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 13:49 - Aug 10 by GlasgowBlue

I would imagine George Hirst is our number one target and we are doing everything we can to get him here.

If that doesn’t work out then Ashton will have somebody else we will get in by deadline day.

No need to panic.

I'm not sure who our target is I would prefer somebody who has scored for a number of seasons bit like Ladapo than a striker who has had one decent half season same as Bonne who most people didn't want to return
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 14:25 - Aug 10 with 1208 viewsPioneerBlue

With that insight on JJ following 2 games you should get a role in the Arsenal U23s.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 14:30 - Aug 10 with 1190 viewspointofblue

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 12:17 - Aug 10 by SouperJim

That's a hot take on John Jules, he's a young lad and has bags of promise, lots of good moments from him so far and it's very early days.

Good moment, no goals. No wonder he fits in well here.

In all honesty, maybe I’ll feel happier once we get another proven striker on board. As it is it feels like we’re taking a gamble on a young striker when we’re toothless as it is.

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:07 - Aug 10 with 1128 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 14:30 - Aug 10 by pointofblue

Good moment, no goals. No wonder he fits in well here.

In all honesty, maybe I’ll feel happier once we get another proven striker on board. As it is it feels like we’re taking a gamble on a young striker when we’re toothless as it is.

He's barely played so far (in the league, where it matters).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:08 - Aug 10 with 1127 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 13:41 - Aug 10 by Veggie

I used to think you were Herbivore resurrected, but he had a brain in his nut.

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:10 - Aug 10 with 1112 viewsVeggie

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:08 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

I used to think you were Herbivore resurrected, but he had a brain in his nut.

Can’t handle a light-hearted little joke Flashers?
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:19 - Aug 10 with 1093 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:10 - Aug 10 by Veggie

Can’t handle a light-hearted little joke Flashers?

I was referring to "Seems like that list is: George Hirst," unless that was a joke as well. In which case, you need to work on your material!

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:20 - Aug 10 with 1074 viewspointofblue

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:07 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

He's barely played so far (in the league, where it matters).

He’s played enough. He seems a decent link up player but hasn’t shown that he’s getting into the right positions to score.

Plus yesterday mattered to the squad players. It was their chance to stake a claim but I don’t think any of them managed to do so.

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:24 - Aug 10 with 1063 viewsstopmoaning

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 14:16 - Aug 10 by BlueStreak

Charlie Austin found a club yet?

Yeah, in Australia.
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:28 - Aug 10 with 1041 viewsVeggie

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:19 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

I was referring to "Seems like that list is: George Hirst," unless that was a joke as well. In which case, you need to work on your material!

Right. Seeing as it’s you, what is the problem with that comment. Enough to downvote it and accuse me of not having a brain in my nut?

George Hirst has been the only striker (as far as I am aware) that has been officially linked with us (confirmed by Stuart Watson - our best and most reliable source for ITFC def info). So I ask again, what is your issue with my comment?
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:28 - Aug 10 with 1039 viewsKeno

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:24 - Aug 10 by stopmoaning

Yeah, in Australia.

will they be able to take the little doggie?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:35 - Aug 10 with 1009 viewsVeggie

So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:28 - Aug 10 by Veggie

Right. Seeing as it’s you, what is the problem with that comment. Enough to downvote it and accuse me of not having a brain in my nut?

George Hirst has been the only striker (as far as I am aware) that has been officially linked with us (confirmed by Stuart Watson - our best and most reliable source for ITFC def info). So I ask again, what is your issue with my comment?

Ah suddenly conveniently logged off now. Surprise, surprise.
So now it’s plain as the nose on your face on 15:40 - Aug 10 with 983 viewschicoazul

Macauley Bonne? James Norwood?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024