Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? 11:27 - Aug 10 with 3357 viewsMeadowlark

Is this correct?

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:20 - Aug 10 with 726 viewshoppy

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:18 - Aug 10 by SE1blue

This is why you take your baby to the nearest IKEA and put them into the daycare area.

You then pretend to take a trolley, loop back out of the store and return for your little darling after the match.

Just a reminder for anyone. Lakeside would be the nearest for Ipswich, as the Tottenham store is closing soon.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:21 - Aug 10 with 711 viewsclive_baker

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:16 - Aug 10 by hoppy

But surely that's just classed as a family gathering, isn't it?

It's certainly a grey area north of the border. I heard they had their own covid rules, such was the complexity of the social family bubbles. Apparently there were cases of Eat Out to Help Out being misinterpreted up there too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:25 - Aug 10 with 706 viewsIllinoisblue

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:19 - Aug 10 by clive_baker

Has he not been banned yet?

Vile scumbag though he is not sure on what grounds the club could ban him. He’s served his (woefully short) sentence.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:27 - Aug 10 with 692 viewsclive_baker

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:25 - Aug 10 by Illinoisblue

Vile scumbag though he is not sure on what grounds the club could ban him. He’s served his (woefully short) sentence.

I'm sure they could find something. Just get him on camera doing something unsavoury, they wouldn't have to wait long.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:32 - Aug 10 with 658 viewsVaughan8

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:25 - Aug 10 by hoppy

Well, I guess we just did it wrong then... forgot to do the photo thing to show off online. (edit: I think the pic in my avatar was when she was about 4)

Both KJ and I were season ticket holders when Yasmin was born, we took her from a very young age - from a few weeks old. We go together, we've always shared responsibility for her, and she's grown up being familiar with 'matchday' that we've done all together - she's enjoyed singing, getting autographs and talking to some of the player's children as well after games. She's now 10, has done the flying the flag experience, been a mascot away at Accrington in the cup, and did some of the trials they had a few weeks back for girls footy.

Should we have stopped going for 6 years when she was born, or had to draw straws on who went and who didn't to take it in turns to go? I feel I've done parenthood all wrong now, as we took her so young. I apologise to anyone who is offended by my/our actions.

From a bad parent.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 12:33]

I just think people just don't want to take all the baggage that comes with a baby/young child to the football. If you don't mind that then its fine.

All babies are different though. If you have one who sleeps a lot then that's great (not just for the football!) haha

I haven't even taken my 5 year old yet!
Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:36 - Aug 10 with 662 viewsVeggie

I get that having a baby or young child can create some unpleasant sounds and smells, but having been subjected to many an anonymous beer-fart at Portman Road, I’m not sure which is worse.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 13:36]
Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:04 - Aug 10 with 616 viewsBlueBadger

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:07 - Aug 10 by Wallingford_Boy

Purely on a “here we go again” basis.

Seems people like to talk about him, whatever the forum topic!

Imagine being STILL disgusted by the crime and the sentencing!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:08 - Aug 10 with 595 viewsSkip_Intro

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:18 - Aug 10 by SE1blue

This is why you take your baby to the nearest IKEA and put them into the daycare area.

You then pretend to take a trolley, loop back out of the store and return for your little darling after the match.

bit of a trek from Lakeside though...
Login to get fewer ads

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:10 - Aug 10 with 596 viewsWallingford_Boy

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:04 - Aug 10 by BlueBadger

Imagine being STILL disgusted by the crime and the sentencing!

Not on a football forum..

RIP Sir Bobby

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:13 - Aug 10 with 586 viewsBlueBadger

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:10 - Aug 10 by Wallingford_Boy

Not on a football forum..

You're welcome to not read the threads that upset you, snowflake.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:14 - Aug 10 with 573 viewsSE1blue

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:08 - Aug 10 by Skip_Intro

bit of a trek from Lakeside though...

Think of the peace and quiet.

And dinner only costs a few quid.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:15 - Aug 10 with 561 viewshoppy

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:14 - Aug 10 by SE1blue

Think of the peace and quiet.

And dinner only costs a few quid.

Meatballs.

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:35 - Aug 10 with 512 viewsWallingford_Boy

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:13 - Aug 10 by BlueBadger

You're welcome to not read the threads that upset you, snowflake.

If only there was an "ignore" button for you and your edgelord friends..

RIP Sir Bobby

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:38 - Aug 10 with 513 viewsSitfcB

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:00 - Aug 10 by clive_baker

Quite. As a parent to a 3 and 1 year old I don't know why on earth you would want to take a 2 year old toddler to football. Mine would be restless and not want to sit still after 2 minutes, not to mention not be able to see anything.

I took my boy just after he was 2, loved the fanzone and kicking the ball about before the game, got into the ground and he lasted 5 minutes haha but all about trying to get them familiar with it I think.

That was just before covid so glad I did it, he got the first time fan experience etc was a bit weary of Bluey, now nearly 5 he’s been a handful of times and is familiar with where we go to seat and wants to see Bluey!

If people want to take youngsters then I don’t see the problem, get them integrated asap, I’m taking my boy to the cup games atm as still have my s/t in SBRL but will probably be my last season there. Would recommend going to the ‘lower attendance’ games first where you can have a bit of space.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:39 - Aug 10 with 501 viewsCotty

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:49 - Aug 10 by theinbetweener

Being a parent of a 2 year old myself, there is not a chance in hell I could even imagine taking him to a football match. It’s not fair on anyone - the parent, the child or the other fans sitting nearby (I’ve also been that fan sitting next to a constantly unsettled 3-4 y/o).

I think my boy is going to love football as he grows up, it’s often all he wants to play with outside, but 2 is far too young to even consider it. I don’t plan on taking him until he’s at least 6!

Yeah, 2 is mental. My two year old would be running up and down and stairs smashing his face in repeatedly
Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:39 - Aug 10 with 501 viewsSitfcB

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:07 - Aug 10 by Wallingford_Boy

Purely on a “here we go again” basis.

Seems people like to talk about him, whatever the forum topic!

I’d say it’s a pretty relevant topic, unfortunately.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:42 - Aug 10 with 493 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

There are a few on this forum who are going to be upset they now can't go to Portman Road.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:44 - Aug 10 with 490 viewsCotty

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:42 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

There are a few on this forum who are going to be upset they now can't go to Portman Road.

Fortunately older people with the mentality of a 2 year old are still allowed entry
Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:45 - Aug 10 with 484 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 14:44 - Aug 10 by Cotty

Fortunately older people with the mentality of a 2 year old are still allowed entry

Hurrah!

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 16:06 - Aug 10 with 426 viewsN2_Blue

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:42 - Aug 10 by bournemouthblue

Not being a parent, I can't make a judgement, it can't be ideal whatever way you look at it?

I don't think you need to be a parent to realise taking a child under the age of 2 to a football match is just a bit bonkers in my opinion!

Personally i think it just shows immaturity and not having the right priorities but we are all different and i'm sure there are some very decent people and great parents that have taken their babies to a game.
If you are that desperate to go and need your football fix then surely it's better for all involved to get a child-minder for a few hours, or leave with your partner but I'd like to think your own child is more important than a game of football.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 16:12]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 16:21 - Aug 10 with 410 viewsronnyd

Remember seeing footage at the end of last season, of one of the many pitch invasions. There was a guy running around in the middle of all the mayhem waving his baby around. Thought at the time, WTF.
Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 16:23 - Aug 10 with 400 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 16:21 - Aug 10 by ronnyd

Remember seeing footage at the end of last season, of one of the many pitch invasions. There was a guy running around in the middle of all the mayhem waving his baby around. Thought at the time, WTF.

To be fair, Hoppy was very excited that day.

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 16:39 - Aug 10 with 381 viewshoppy

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 16:23 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

To be fair, Hoppy was very excited that day.

Haha.

Note to self: Don't get left and right hands mixed up if you've got a feeding bottle in one hand and a lit flare in the other. Difficult one to explain in A&E.

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 16:42 - Aug 10 with 369 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 16:39 - Aug 10 by hoppy

Haha.

Note to self: Don't get left and right hands mixed up if you've got a feeding bottle in one hand and a lit flare in the other. Difficult one to explain in A&E.

In all seriousness, although not a parent myself I was thinking what you posted before you posted it. Bit harsh to say one of you has to miss every other game for the next 6 years, particularly if the little 'un is nae bother.

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 16:46 - Aug 10 with 355 viewsMullet

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:19 - Aug 10 by clive_baker

Has he not been banned yet?

Was at FGR apparently, I'm assuming unlike a sex offender there's no power to ban him from being anyway where kids are likely to be given what he did etc.

Either way, I hope karma isn't too far delayed.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024