Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? 11:27 - Aug 10 with 3355 viewsMeadowlark

Is this correct?

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:40 - Aug 10 with 2245 viewstheinbetweener

With all due respect, why on Earth would you ever want to bring an under 2-year old to a football match anyway?
Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:42 - Aug 10 with 2224 viewsbournemouthblue

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:40 - Aug 10 by theinbetweener

With all due respect, why on Earth would you ever want to bring an under 2-year old to a football match anyway?

Not being a parent, I can't make a judgement, it can't be ideal whatever way you look at it?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:49 - Aug 10 with 2183 viewstheinbetweener

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:42 - Aug 10 by bournemouthblue

Not being a parent, I can't make a judgement, it can't be ideal whatever way you look at it?

Being a parent of a 2 year old myself, there is not a chance in hell I could even imagine taking him to a football match. It’s not fair on anyone - the parent, the child or the other fans sitting nearby (I’ve also been that fan sitting next to a constantly unsettled 3-4 y/o).

I think my boy is going to love football as he grows up, it’s often all he wants to play with outside, but 2 is far too young to even consider it. I don’t plan on taking him until he’s at least 6!
Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:51 - Aug 10 with 2176 viewstextbackup

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:40 - Aug 10 by theinbetweener

The only reason you’d take them is for a photo to show off online

No need at all to take a 2 year old.

From a parent

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:57 - Aug 10 with 2135 viewsSikamikanico

Also as a parent - its not a great idea.

Anecdotally saw someone at a friendly in 2021/22 preseason with his baby (definitely under 1) and he had 3 bags of stuff and seemed annoyed when the steward wouldn't watch the bags for him while he went to the toilet.
Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:58 - Aug 10 with 2105 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:51 - Aug 10 by textbackup

From a parent

The kid she is talking about isn’t 2.

It’s 10 weeks.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:00 - Aug 10 with 2103 viewsclive_baker

Quite. As a parent to a 3 and 1 year old I don't know why on earth you would want to take a 2 year old toddler to football. Mine would be restless and not want to sit still after 2 minutes, not to mention not be able to see anything.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:00 - Aug 10 with 2096 viewsCityBlue

So what about exec box use? A large number of players have their family use the relevant box with under 2s in tow

I T I D

Login to get fewer ads

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:02 - Aug 10 with 2093 viewshomer_123

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:00 - Aug 10 by clive_baker

Quite. As a parent to a 3 and 1 year old I don't know why on earth you would want to take a 2 year old toddler to football. Mine would be restless and not want to sit still after 2 minutes, not to mention not be able to see anything.

And Norwich as well....I mean that's more the worry, surely?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:03 - Aug 10 with 2080 viewstextbackup

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:58 - Aug 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

The kid she is talking about isn’t 2.

It’s 10 weeks.

Probably looked so much like it’s uncle/dad/grandad that the steward was confused

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:10 - Aug 10 with 2034 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:03 - Aug 10 by textbackup

Probably looked so much like it’s uncle/dad/grandad that the steward was confused

You mean, “looked so much like it’s Dad/Dad/Dad”

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:16 - Aug 10 with 2025 viewsMeadowlark

The comments thus far seem to indicate that people are in favour of BANNING under 2s then.
So the FA have got this right.
Interesting....
Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:17 - Aug 10 with 2016 viewshomer_123

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:16 - Aug 10 by Meadowlark

The comments thus far seem to indicate that people are in favour of BANNING under 2s then.
Interesting....

More, is it sensible?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:19 - Aug 10 with 2012 viewsVeggie

Maybe it’s to protect them from Peter Hadden or whatever he’s cowardly changed his name to
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 12:19]
Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:19 - Aug 10 with 1984 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:16 - Aug 10 by Meadowlark

Interesting....

Wouldn’t say that, it’s just an odd place to take a 10wk old.
That said, if she can’t get a baby sitter why can’t she still go? It’s hell on earth, but it’s no strip club.

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:19 - Aug 10 with 1998 viewsclive_baker

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:19 - Aug 10 by Veggie

Maybe it’s to protect them from Peter Hadden or whatever he’s cowardly changed his name to
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 12:19]

Has he not been banned yet?

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:25 - Aug 10 with 1964 viewshoppy

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 11:51 - Aug 10 by textbackup

From a parent

Well, I guess we just did it wrong then... forgot to do the photo thing to show off online. (edit: I think the pic in my avatar was when she was about 4)

Both KJ and I were season ticket holders when Yasmin was born, we took her from a very young age - from a few weeks old. We go together, we've always shared responsibility for her, and she's grown up being familiar with 'matchday' that we've done all together - she's enjoyed singing, getting autographs and talking to some of the player's children as well after games. She's now 10, has done the flying the flag experience, been a mascot away at Accrington in the cup, and did some of the trials they had a few weeks back for girls footy.

Should we have stopped going for 6 years when she was born, or had to draw straws on who went and who didn't to take it in turns to go? I feel I've done parenthood all wrong now, as we took her so young. I apologise to anyone who is offended by my/our actions.

From a bad parent.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 12:33]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:48 - Aug 10 with 1800 viewstextbackup

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:25 - Aug 10 by hoppy

Well, I guess we just did it wrong then... forgot to do the photo thing to show off online. (edit: I think the pic in my avatar was when she was about 4)

Both KJ and I were season ticket holders when Yasmin was born, we took her from a very young age - from a few weeks old. We go together, we've always shared responsibility for her, and she's grown up being familiar with 'matchday' that we've done all together - she's enjoyed singing, getting autographs and talking to some of the player's children as well after games. She's now 10, has done the flying the flag experience, been a mascot away at Accrington in the cup, and did some of the trials they had a few weeks back for girls footy.

Should we have stopped going for 6 years when she was born, or had to draw straws on who went and who didn't to take it in turns to go? I feel I've done parenthood all wrong now, as we took her so young. I apologise to anyone who is offended by my/our actions.

From a bad parent.

I never said people were wrong for doing it so just chill a bit.

But taking a baby, imo, is crazy. Personally even as a dad if I was stuck next to a crying baby, or pain in the arse toddler I’d be pretty pissed off.

But as your kids are now older you don’t need to worry about it, or explain it.

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:05 - Aug 10 with 1724 viewsBlueBadger

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:19 - Aug 10 by clive_baker

Has he not been banned yet?

Interesting downvote from Wallers there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:06 - Aug 10 with 1713 viewsWallingford_Boy

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:25 - Aug 10 by hoppy

From a bad parent.

I took my son from about 4/5, he enjoyed it, remembers it and it was a really fun day.

Much younger than that and I doubt the child will remember/care, but as others have said, also quite likely to disturb others.

Of course if it’s a childcare issue and you’d need to take it in turns looking after the child, then I understand that makes it difficult.

I guess in a family area, with other babies/toddlers it wouldn’t matter so much.

RIP Sir Bobby

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:07 - Aug 10 with 1713 viewsWallingford_Boy

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:05 - Aug 10 by BlueBadger

Interesting downvote from Wallers there.

Purely on a “here we go again” basis.

Seems people like to talk about him, whatever the forum topic!

RIP Sir Bobby

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:09 - Aug 10 with 1697 viewshoppy

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:48 - Aug 10 by textbackup

I never said people were wrong for doing it so just chill a bit.

But taking a baby, imo, is crazy. Personally even as a dad if I was stuck next to a crying baby, or pain in the arse toddler I’d be pretty pissed off.

But as your kids are now older you don’t need to worry about it, or explain it.

No problem. I'm chilled.

People were saying on various replies things like "why on Earth would you ever want to bring an under 2-year old to a football match anyway?" - not just your post, so I only replied to yours as the last of those, just giving reasons why we did, and may be a similar scenario for others.

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:14 - Aug 10 with 1655 viewsclive_baker

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 12:02 - Aug 10 by homer_123

And Norwich as well....I mean that's more the worry, surely?

In this case specifically I can only assume exposing children of all ages to Norwich city constitutes child abuse, so I'm all for these measures.

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:16 - Aug 10 with 1640 viewshoppy

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:14 - Aug 10 by clive_baker

In this case specifically I can only assume exposing children of all ages to Norwich city constitutes child abuse, so I'm all for these measures.

But surely that's just classed as a family gathering, isn't it?

Under 2 year olds not allowed at football now? on 13:18 - Aug 10 with 1616 viewsSE1blue

This is why you take your baby to the nearest IKEA and put them into the daycare area.

You then pretend to take a trolley, loop back out of the store and return for your little darling after the match.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024