Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trains from London 12:50 - Aug 10 with 555 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone go by train from London for the first home game? How packed was it? I drove but I imagined the train to be fairly empty as most people wouldn't be relying on it with the strike. However I have a mate (who I picked up at Colchester) who gets a bit claustrophobic, so don't want to be wrong in my assumption and she ends up on a rammed train this Saturday (when I could just drive and pick her up again).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Trains from London on 13:02 - Aug 10 with 500 viewsSteve_M

I think they were pretty decent from what others have said, even the 17:41 wasn't overly busy.

I avoided them by going back Sunday and I'm not around on Saturday but, if I were, I think I would be going for a train back on Saturday evening.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Trains from London on 13:06 - Aug 10 with 495 viewsBasingstokeBlue

It wasn't bad, actually (despite the strike action). My son and I joined the train at Liverpool Street (rather than the national-rail-suggested Stratford) and found plenty of seating toward the front of the train.

The (18:41) return from Ipswich, on the other hand, was pretty rammed until several stops had been made to drop off the Essex-dwellers. Heaven knows how bad the 17:41 was!

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Trains from London on 13:20 - Aug 10 with 459 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Trains from London on 13:06 - Aug 10 by BasingstokeBlue

It wasn't bad, actually (despite the strike action). My son and I joined the train at Liverpool Street (rather than the national-rail-suggested Stratford) and found plenty of seating toward the front of the train.

The (18:41) return from Ipswich, on the other hand, was pretty rammed until several stops had been made to drop off the Essex-dwellers. Heaven knows how bad the 17:41 was!

We'd usually leave later than 18:41 so should hopefully miss the worst of it. Cheers.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024