Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? 16:09 - Aug 10 with 551 viewsSamWhiteUK

We've played two league games!

I've seen some very strange comments such as "Burns is half the player he was last year," "just need him to hit form," etc. He got 12 goals and 6 assists in 37 appearances last year, for a total of 18 goal contributions. That's just fewer than one in two. This year, in two appearances, he has one assist. He is playing to his previous form!

Same with the strikers and scoring goals. Two league games is not enough to say it's a "continuation of last year's form". If each attacker had scored in each of our first ten games, and then we had two games where none of them scored, would there be the same outcry? No, it would be a blip.

So many absolute whoppers talking some total sh*te on here, as per usual. Get a grip, folks.
Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? on 16:16 - Aug 10 with 510 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is this your first time on TWTD?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? on 16:16 - Aug 10 with 518 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes the Burns stuff is very odd, he's not been scintillating so far but he's certainly been fine, set a goal up on Saturday (as well as a good chance from closer in for Morsy) and should of course have had a pretty trademark assist for the winner against Bolton. People seem to have taken the extra demands of his Wales situation, run with it and started seeing what they want to see — which might not necessarily help because it'll doubtless become a "thing" if he doesn't smash it up in the next couple of games.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? on 16:18 - Aug 10 with 491 viewsJ2BLUE

Welcome to the internet.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? on 16:39 - Aug 10 with 420 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

It's the insta generation. People want things insta-ntly.

A win and a draw from our first 2 league games is a decent return for me.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? on 16:45 - Aug 10 with 405 viewsjayessess

Burns sometimes drifted in and out of games last season too, it's in the nature of the role we've given him.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? on 17:16 - Aug 10 with 365 viewsFrimleyBlue

I think with burns it goes a bit deeper to some rather than just a 2 yard lay off for Morsy.

I can't comment on that game.. but before and to some during pre season Burns didn't look to get down the line. Didn't seem as as advanced and didn't look as dangerous as last season.

There could be many reasons for this tho as I've shares before.

But I wouldn't personally use the 2 yard lay off as a sign that he's performing in the same way

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? on 17:27 - Aug 10 with 350 viewsElephantintheRoom

Only one point above Forest Green and Bristol Rovers - two of the relegation favourites.

I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone worrying too much at present - it’s a tad early after two games

BUT - all the signs are that the style of play is exactly the same as last season - lots of possession and a lack of footballs planted in the back of the net. And the club outside the play offs.

Not to mention another Cup absurdity. I’m sure it’s nothing that a home win won’t put right. For a week or two.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? on 17:31 - Aug 10 with 343 viewsTractorTom5

Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? on 16:39 - Aug 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's the insta generation. People want things insta-ntly.

A win and a draw from our first 2 league games is a decent return for me.

The cup game was disappointing though
Login to get fewer ads

We're all going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (n/t) on 17:36 - Aug 10 with 338 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? on 17:38 - Aug 10 with 333 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? on 17:31 - Aug 10 by TractorTom5

I forgot it was happing to be honest.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? on 17:39 - Aug 10 with 333 viewsjayessess

Why are there so many posts worrying about players' performances? on 17:31 - Aug 10 by TractorTom5

It was, but a pretty minor disappointment. Even if we go on to win promotion we'll almost certainly have at least a few even more disappointing games than last night along the way!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024