Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 weeks to transfer deadline, August point tally 11:35 - Aug 11 with 808 viewsunstableblue

So 2 games in and one standard cup exit achieved… how we looking?

Too early to say?

Well one things for sure Bolton are starting to look the real deal, and think they’ll beat Port Vale on the weekend. Peterborough and Sheff Weds look ominous. And Pompey seem to have goals. An automatic promotion spot would be a MASSIVE achievement in my view.

But we’re 4 points to the good going into a fascinating game in the heat against MK, a win, some real threat and dominance and the 14 points below starts to look doable and Burton eminently winnable, and we fans will be getting very excited.

But tough tough match against Manning to get past. With concerns on our ability to break them down.

Tuesday has dented confidence in the b team 11… and Harper, Ndaba, Humphreys, El Miz, KVY don’t quite feel the places competition we hoped for… and similar queries against Jackson and JJ.

Morsy is so crucial though… I’d also like to see Ball in the team.. and hopefully Keogh is started to influence I expect from the bench.

But a striker is surely in the wings with 3 weeks of transfer window left.

Bolton (h) - 1 point
Forest Green (a) - 3 point
Mk Dons (h) - 3 point
Burton (a) - 3 point
Shrews (a) - 3 point
Barnsley (h) - 1 point

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

3 weeks to transfer deadline, August point tally on 11:42 - Aug 11 with 768 viewsGuthrum

Altho it didn't work out on Tues with all of them together, I think some, like Jackson, Aluko and John-Jules are different prospects when individually slotted into the primary League team. Especially as fresh legs off the bench late in the game.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

3 weeks to transfer deadline, August point tally on 12:21 - Aug 11 with 672 viewsPioneerBlue

I’m not a fan of wholesale rotation and it does feel like it kills momentum (probably more for supporters than the players).

However, ColU has little influence on a different league starting XI.

I think MKD will be tough, a win possible, draw more probable for me. I have Ladapo to score his first goal in 2:1 or 1:1.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

3 weeks to transfer deadline, August point tally on 12:27 - Aug 11 with 655 viewsunstableblue

3 weeks to transfer deadline, August point tally on 12:21 - Aug 11 by PioneerBlue

I’m not a fan of wholesale rotation and it does feel like it kills momentum (probably more for supporters than the players).

However, ColU has little influence on a different league starting XI.

I think MKD will be tough, a win possible, draw more probable for me. I have Ladapo to score his first goal in 2:1 or 1:1.

Ladapo goal would be very positive

I think MK are going to sit quite deep

1-1 looks a good bet… but oh my word Pioneer just think how sweet a first home win would be? And 7 points… we’d go into Burton absolutely rocking!

3 weeks to transfer deadline, August point tally on 12:30 - Aug 11 with 648 viewsWestcountryblue

I think Keogh is a really shrewd signing. He adds some much needed leadership to the squad and an extra voice on the pitch. It will take 3 to 4 games, but i fully expect him to dislodge 1 of our back 3 in time.

The Colchester game really highlighted the need for an additional striker up top. We have a lot of players who can play behind the striker, but we need a focal point up top. There were several excellent crosses in the Colchester game that would have been capitalised on by a more natural striker. An injury or drop off in form to Ladapo and we look a little blunt.

If we can bring in a new striker, i'm confident we can make the top 2. We have strength in depth in most areas of our squad. McKenna may have to be a little more flexible with his tactics, especially when teams park the bus at PR.
3 weeks to transfer deadline, August point tally on 12:31 - Aug 11 with 645 viewsibbleobble

10pts from the next four? Ambitious. I’d say between 6pts - 8pts is more likely.
3 weeks to transfer deadline, August point tally on 12:35 - Aug 11 with 617 viewsunstableblue

3 weeks to transfer deadline, August point tally on 12:30 - Aug 11 by Westcountryblue

I think Keogh is a really shrewd signing. He adds some much needed leadership to the squad and an extra voice on the pitch. It will take 3 to 4 games, but i fully expect him to dislodge 1 of our back 3 in time.

The Colchester game really highlighted the need for an additional striker up top. We have a lot of players who can play behind the striker, but we need a focal point up top. There were several excellent crosses in the Colchester game that would have been capitalised on by a more natural striker. An injury or drop off in form to Ladapo and we look a little blunt.

If we can bring in a new striker, i'm confident we can make the top 2. We have strength in depth in most areas of our squad. McKenna may have to be a little more flexible with his tactics, especially when teams park the bus at PR.

Big game for Ladapo Saturday, Bolton were immense defensively and this is a chance to really show what he can do.

Agree another striker needed.

Keogh as you say could be massive, lifting the players and providing experience.

3 weeks to transfer deadline, August point tally on 12:42 - Aug 11 with 591 viewsunstableblue

3 weeks to transfer deadline, August point tally on 12:31 - Aug 11 by ibbleobble

10pts from the next four? Ambitious. I’d say between 6pts - 8pts is more likely.

MK, Burton and Shrews have had poor starts to the season, especially Burton

If we are truly serious about automatic I’d say 8 is a minimum

3 weeks to transfer deadline, August point tally on 13:41 - Aug 11 with 510 viewsJackSted

To think we played Bolton off the park and they were lucky to get away with a point, shows how much of a threat we are. I still think we'll be champions though, and Bolton will be second

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024