Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The police are completely useless 11:41 - Aug 11 with 5001 viewschicoazul

How much longer must we all put up with this useless frail incompetent ugly organisation in its current form? They are entirely opposite from what they should be, cowering in their offices cars and bunkers while this goes on; Burglary, robbery and theft victims failed by police - watchdog https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62491194

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The police are completely useless on 11:43 - Aug 11 with 2726 viewsZXBlue

Might have something to do with this government's funding? Not to mention their funding of hte justice system generally. See the current criminal bar action for details.
The police are completely useless on 11:44 - Aug 11 with 2711 viewsgiant_stow

depressing. Lets add it to the list though.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The police are completely useless on 11:46 - Aug 11 with 2660 viewsGlasgowBlue

The police are completely useless on 11:43 - Aug 11 by ZXBlue

Might have something to do with this government's funding? Not to mention their funding of hte justice system generally. See the current criminal bar action for details.

I thought defunding the Police was a good thing?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The police are completely useless on 11:47 - Aug 11 with 2680 viewshomer_123

Yep - indeed.

But, until we are happy to vote for a party that will properly fund services with increased taxation - which is needed. Nothing is going to change.

I've said before, we lack the ability to have a grown up conversation about how we fund services in the UK (I appreciate that there is a significant discussion to be had about how reliable parties are using public funds, especially recently).

Do we want a properly funded Education system?
Do we want a properly funded Police force?
Do we want a properly funded NHS?

Yes, there are genuine discussions to be had about what level that might be but the reality is - it 'has' to be paid for and the general public won't vote for any party that increases taxes.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The police are completely useless on 11:49 - Aug 11 with 2665 viewsGuthrum

The police are completely useless on 11:46 - Aug 11 by GlasgowBlue

I thought defunding the Police was a good thing?

That only ever really referred to the USA, in the context of forces spending large sums of money on weapons, riot gear and armoured vehicles, instead of street-level and community policing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The police are completely useless on 11:56 - Aug 11 with 2637 viewsjeera

Although true enough regards funding the police have treated burglary and car theft with little to no concern for a long time now.

Some friends of mine were burgled, they were a young couple, just moved into their first home with their first chid; a baby just a few weeks old, and some bas***d broke into their home.

They were devastated and the wife was really shaken.

The police casually showed up several days later and weren't really interested. This was getting on for some 30 years ago.

It's insane they quote this level of crime to be so common to not have the resources to tackle it without considering one of the reasons the rate has risen is because of their lax attitude towards it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The police are completely useless on 12:06 - Aug 11 with 2587 viewsZXBlue

The police are completely useless on 11:56 - Aug 11 by jeera

Although true enough regards funding the police have treated burglary and car theft with little to no concern for a long time now.

Some friends of mine were burgled, they were a young couple, just moved into their first home with their first chid; a baby just a few weeks old, and some bas***d broke into their home.

The police casually showed up several days later and weren't really interested. This was getting on for some 30 years ago.

It's insane they quote this level of crime to be so common to not have the resources to tackle it without considering one of the reasons the rate has risen is because of their lax attitude towards it.

Thats because of resourcing.

Who do they spare to deal with a fairly time consuming investigation, with modest prospects of success, whilst under extreme pressure to hit arrest targets etc, and to deal with the bigger stuff?
The police are completely useless on 12:12 - Aug 11 with 2550 viewschicoazul

The police are completely useless on 11:56 - Aug 11 by jeera

It’s not the governments fault if the police have a lackadaisical could care less attitude to what they clearly consider minor crimes. They could triple their funding and it won’t change that fundamental. The police are completely useless almost all the time.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

The police are completely useless on 12:13 - Aug 11 with 2540 viewsZXBlue

The police are completely useless on 12:12 - Aug 11 by chicoazul

It’s not the governments fault if the police have a lackadaisical could care less attitude to what they clearly consider minor crimes. They could triple their funding and it won’t change that fundamental. The police are completely useless almost all the time.

Absolute nonsense.
The police are completely useless on 12:13 - Aug 11 with 2542 viewshype313

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-11100577/PETER-HITCHENS-liberal-exper

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The police are completely useless on 12:14 - Aug 11 with 2535 viewsZXBlue

The police are completely useless on 12:13 - Aug 11 by hype313

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-11100577/PETER-HITCHENS-liberal-exper

What liberal experiment? Its been a "tough on crime" conservative government for a decade, which got rid of thousands of officers.
The police are completely useless on 12:19 - Aug 11 with 2508 viewsXYZ

The police are completely useless on 11:49 - Aug 11 by Guthrum

That only ever really referred to the USA, in the context of forces spending large sums of money on weapons, riot gear and armoured vehicles, instead of street-level and community policing.

The police are completely useless on 12:23 - Aug 11 with 2493 viewsmylittletown

The police are completely useless on 11:47 - Aug 11 by homer_123

Yep - indeed.

But, until we are happy to vote for a party that will properly fund services with increased taxation - which is needed. Nothing is going to change.

I've said before, we lack the ability to have a grown up conversation about how we fund services in the UK (I appreciate that there is a significant discussion to be had about how reliable parties are using public funds, especially recently).

Do we want a properly funded Education system?
Do we want a properly funded Police force?
Do we want a properly funded NHS?

Yes, there are genuine discussions to be had about what level that might be but the reality is - it 'has' to be paid for and the general public won't vote for any party that increases taxes.

It is not just taxation, it must also be about the way the money is spent.

I have lived in two other European countries, Sweden and Denmark, where the taxation was bit higher, but the level of services provided was in a completely different league.

What is even worse is that our tax as a percentage of GDP is at it's highest rate since its peak, under the Thatcher government of the early/mid 1980s, yet the level of service we receive for that money seems to be in serious decline
The police are completely useless on 12:24 - Aug 11 with 2483 viewseireblue

The police are completely useless on 11:49 - Aug 11 by Guthrum

Defunding public service XXX has been the Tory/Right wing policy for almost always.

I think they call it small government though.
The police are completely useless on 12:26 - Aug 11 with 2460 viewsmylittletown

The police are completely useless on 12:13 - Aug 11 by ZXBlue

Absolute nonsense.

Why?
The police are completely useless on 12:30 - Aug 11 with 2438 viewsXYZ

Closing half the country's police stations since 2010 won't have helped.
The police are completely useless on 12:35 - Aug 11 with 2410 viewshomer_123

The police are completely useless on 12:23 - Aug 11 by mylittletown

It is not just taxation, it must also be about the way the money is spent.

I have lived in two other European countries, Sweden and Denmark, where the taxation was bit higher, but the level of services provided was in a completely different league.

What is even worse is that our tax as a percentage of GDP is at it's highest rate since its peak, under the Thatcher government of the early/mid 1980s, yet the level of service we receive for that money seems to be in serious decline

Yep, I covered that ...'I appreciate that there is a significant discussion to be had about how reliable parties are using public funds, especially recently...'

The police are completely useless on 12:37 - Aug 11 with 2382 viewsmylittletown

The police are completely useless on 12:35 - Aug 11 by homer_123

Yep, I covered that ...'I appreciate that there is a significant discussion to be had about how reliable parties are using public funds, especially recently...'

Who do you consider to be reliable parties?
The police are completely useless on 13:03 - Aug 11 with 2241 viewshomer_123

The police are completely useless on 12:37 - Aug 11 by mylittletown

Who do you consider to be reliable parties?

I haven't said any of them are - hence my observation.

The police are completely useless on 13:03 - Aug 11 with 2229 viewsBlueBadger

The police are completely useless on 12:26 - Aug 11 by mylittletown

Why?

Because it's literally the government's job to ensure functional law and order provision.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The police are completely useless on 13:06 - Aug 11 with 2211 viewsZXBlue

The police are completely useless on 13:03 - Aug 11 by BlueBadger

Because it's literally the government's job to ensure functional law and order provision.

And because most police are decent people, doing a dangerous stressful job, who are as frustrated as everyone else that they don't have the resources to do it properly.
The police are completely useless on 13:11 - Aug 11 with 2201 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I don't know the ins and outs of funding etc but where we live in SE London there doesn't seem to be a lack of officers in the local cafe every breakfast and lunch time. They are nowhere to be seen when cars get nicked (probably weekly - often in daylight), however.

Somebody broke into our car a few months ago but couldn't start it so there was actually nothing other than a bit of mess. A neighbour had a fairly decent bit of footage of the blokes doing it - we gave it to the police who just said they didn't have the resources to pursue it. I asked at what point they would get involved in situations like this and they said that they'd assist in retrieving a vehicle if it had actually been stolen, or where there is harm to a person (perhaps a person trying to protect their possessions). I literally burst out laughing. Complete waste of time.
The police are completely useless on 13:16 - Aug 11 with 2169 viewstractor_lady

You really don’t have a clue do you, maybe try joining the force if you think it’s a outing sitting around hiding, I’d give you a week max….
The police are completely useless on 13:33 - Aug 11 with 2095 viewsgiant_stow

The police are completely useless on 13:16 - Aug 11 by tractor_lady

You really don’t have a clue do you, maybe try joining the force if you think it’s a outing sitting around hiding, I’d give you a week max….

I wouldn't mind reading Chico's evidence for a bad attitude in the police. Or more from you on what's it like at the moment (pretty please?)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The police are completely useless on 13:41 - Aug 11 with 2056 viewsunbelievablue

The police are completely useless on 12:13 - Aug 11 by hype313

God I despise Peter Hitchens. RIP Chris.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024