Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harness is a game changer for this team… 18:42 - Aug 13 with 4038 viewsunstableblue

… he was perhaps my MOTM today (with Donacien, Burns, Chaplin running him close)

He just does things more directly than players we’ve had previously.

He has real quality control and short passing.

I rate him.

In McKennas superb second half interview he was asked whether he liked the first or third goal best… and he stated he liked Harness’ 2nd.. because he was in their picking up the loose ball.

As much as I like Aluko.. Harness is just much more effective

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 18:47 - Aug 13 with 3704 viewsMetal_Hacker

Whilst I agree to a point , I personally feel there’s a lot more to come from him

Which in itself is quite exciting !

Ladapo today alongside both Morsy and Donaciaen were MoM’s

Worrying again for me though was the loss of concentration at times from Woolfy and the Fridge

Poll: If it were one or the other

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 18:49 - Aug 13 with 3681 viewshomer_123

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 18:47 - Aug 13 by Metal_Hacker

Whilst I agree to a point , I personally feel there’s a lot more to come from him

Worrying again for me though was the loss of concentration at times from Woolfy and the Fridge

They were the only real chances MK Don's had. I think it is just a reality of playing that way.

Inevitable that we come a cropper once in a while but hopefully if we can create and finish like today more often...we can ride those out.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 18:55 - Aug 13 with 3619 viewsIllinoisblue

If their guy scores with that header to make it 1-1 I’m sure we still would have won. Wolfy’s almost giveaway in the second half was frustrating BUT… we’re almost at the point where the few chances other teams get are from our mistakes. Nobody is going to out-football us over 90 minutes. Not a chance.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 18:58 - Aug 13 with 3586 viewsKeno

Maybe that’s where Keogh as been brought as too coach as play

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 19:01 - Aug 13 with 3531 viewsStewart27

Donacien put in the best ITFC performance that I can recall for some time.

Which is insane considering how good Burns was.

Now you bring Harness to the party. He was pretty damn good. I’m buzzing!
I love Wolfenden… but I agree on 19:01 - Aug 13 with 3526 viewsunstableblue

He looks like he’s got a mistake in him at the moment

And he needs the guidance/example of Keogh

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 19:10 - Aug 13 with 3445 viewsMetal_Hacker

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 18:58 - Aug 13 by Keno

Maybe that’s where Keogh as been brought as too coach as play

And that’s my point Keno- that’s exactly why he’s here I think. Advise , knowledge and competition

All of the above being positive btw

Poll: If it were one or the other

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 19:28 - Aug 13 with 3275 viewsSkip_Intro

thought Chaplin was better than Harness tbf...both very good but Chaplin had some sublime touches and ran his socks off
Login to get fewer ads

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 22:40 - Aug 13 with 2874 viewsPioneerBlue

I can’t believe what a clever signing Harness is going to be. Not even on the radar but perfect foil with Chaplin and Burns whether in attack 3 or attack 4, it’s embarrassing how good that front group looks after 3 games.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 22:45 - Aug 13 with 2852 viewstextbackup

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 19:28 - Aug 13 by Skip_Intro

thought Chaplin was better than Harness tbf...both very good but Chaplin had some sublime touches and ran his socks off

thought chaplin started slowly, gave the ball away poorly a few times, but boy did he grow into the game

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 12:52 - Aug 14 with 2322 viewsDJR

I agree with the original poster. Some of the short through-balls Harness made in the second half were as good as anything Celina could do. And with two goals already, it looks like he is going to offer more on the scoring front.
Harness is a game changer for this team… on 15:01 - Aug 14 with 2105 viewsKropotkin123

He was my MOTM too. On course for 31 league goals this season... Who says we need a 20 goal striker?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Hadn't thought about the Celina comparison.. but based on what i've seen so far. on 17:44 - Aug 14 with 1976 viewsunstableblue

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 12:52 - Aug 14 by DJR

I agree with the original poster. Some of the short through-balls Harness made in the second half were as good as anything Celina could do. And with two goals already, it looks like he is going to offer more on the scoring front.

.. Harness is going to be way way more effective as one of the deeper attackers
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 17:44]

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 20:22 - Aug 14 with 1810 viewspowinswitch

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 22:45 - Aug 13 by textbackup

thought chaplin started slowly, gave the ball away poorly a few times, but boy did he grow into the game

Guy sat next to me turns to me after a quarter of an hour and says ‘hi pal. I’m from Scunthorpe an this is first Ipswich game I’ve been to. Just moved down to area. Who is your number ten. He is absolutely brilliant’. As it happens I thought Morsy and Donacien were better, but I don’t think Chaplin started slowly. I don’t think anyone started slowly. They were all at least good yesterday.
Harness is a game changer for this team… on 07:43 - Aug 15 with 1476 viewsRobTheMonk

Yeah, Harness still looks a little rusty in places but he has a wonderful knack of being positionally excellent. Getting better each game.

Bloody hell, it feels weird watching an ITFC performance and having so many positives to say about players haha!
Harness is a game changer for this team… on 07:55 - Aug 15 with 1433 viewsDarth_Koont

Donacien for me. But I agree Harness deserves a lot of credit for his overall play not just for the goal. And yes, you can see him looking to follow up before Burns even takes the original shot.

He’s the Donacien of the attack – doing so many of the basics right most of which go under the radar. And a full part of the front three that work so hard to put the opposition under the cosh whoever has the ball.

Felt a bit sorry for the replacement three as they certainly tried but understandable the tempo and the need to press would drop when we were 3-0 up and on a hot day too. Will be interesting to see who comes to the fore when we have injuries or drops in form. But in the absence of another central striker for competition and cover I think we’re pretty well set for the first half of the season at least.

Pronouns: He/Him

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 09:26 - Aug 15 with 1234 viewssuffolkpoker

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 07:43 - Aug 15 by RobTheMonk

Yeah, Harness still looks a little rusty in places but he has a wonderful knack of being positionally excellent. Getting better each game.

Bloody hell, it feels weird watching an ITFC performance and having so many positives to say about players haha!

Harness said in a recent interview that he still felt a secound or two behind the rest of the squad. This was pre MK dons.

Harness was very humble in the interview but you could sense he meant business. He even said he will be more up to speed in the coming weeks, which is very exciting.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 09:48 - Aug 15 with 1147 viewsDyland

"Burton Mail reporter Joshua Murray described Harness as a pacey and skillful winger, who is right-footed but able to play on either flank or even at wing-back.[50] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Harness

Or even up top or off the front or wherever really. Possibly versatile as fook and McKenna knows what's gonna work. It is very early days of course, but if we get on a roll should be fun.... for a bit at least (this is Town after all).

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 09:49 - Aug 15 with 1143 viewsitfc48

Donacien is our enabler given how well he can play his position - he makes the system work so well. If he's missing you either lose some centre-back prowess or some attacking prowess. That then has a knock-on effect for players like Burns and Chaplin.
Harness is a game changer for this team… on 10:05 - Aug 15 with 1087 viewsclive_baker

Certainly seems to be growing into his role, I think he said he was a second or 2 behind when he arrived and it was evident vs. Bolton. That in itself is encouraging given he had a full pre season at Pompey, perhaps we're just a fitter unit which wouldn't surprise me.

He was excellent on Saturday, great to see him get on the scoresheet again with a scrappy goal but his contributions outside of that were good to see. Very direct player, I loved his contribution for the 3rd goal, dropped his shoulder to spin away from his man and played a lovely outside of the boot ball behind their RB for Davis to get on to. I'm a big fan of Chaplin too, genuinely think he's right up there with Burns and Morsy as our MVPs, so having Harness starting to impact games is great to see. Those 2 seem to be developing an understanding between them too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 10:13 - Aug 15 with 1045 viewsDyland

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 10:05 - Aug 15 by clive_baker

Certainly seems to be growing into his role, I think he said he was a second or 2 behind when he arrived and it was evident vs. Bolton. That in itself is encouraging given he had a full pre season at Pompey, perhaps we're just a fitter unit which wouldn't surprise me.

He was excellent on Saturday, great to see him get on the scoresheet again with a scrappy goal but his contributions outside of that were good to see. Very direct player, I loved his contribution for the 3rd goal, dropped his shoulder to spin away from his man and played a lovely outside of the boot ball behind their RB for Davis to get on to. I'm a big fan of Chaplin too, genuinely think he's right up there with Burns and Morsy as our MVPs, so having Harness starting to impact games is great to see. Those 2 seem to be developing an understanding between them too.

Chappers has a mean shot on him. He's top class and it's beyond bizarre a handful on here (it's very few) don't rate him. I'm not clued up at all but can vaguely see what's happening on the pitch.

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 10:26 - Aug 15 with 994 viewsRobTheMonk

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 10:13 - Aug 15 by Dyland

Chappers has a mean shot on him. He's top class and it's beyond bizarre a handful on here (it's very few) don't rate him. I'm not clued up at all but can vaguely see what's happening on the pitch.

He was really good at the weekend. I said about a week back that I didn't think his passing was cute enough to be in the role he's being asked to play. I still stand by that to some degree, but his energy and eye for a goal are out-weighing the need for it at the moment. I think he's been coached really well. They've cut out those flick passes that he used to attempt all the time too.

Good little player to have at this level.
Harness is a game changer for this team… on 10:27 - Aug 15 with 993 viewsclive_baker

He does, I would say he's the best finisher at the club based on the evidence we've seen, and his movement is so good, he gets himself into some lovely positions. One of many frustrations under Cook was the needless rotation of him. Just play the guy and he'll score double figures, he's done it in a struggling team in the Championship, he can certainly do that (and more) for a dominant side in L1.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We need 10 goals + from Chaplin and Harness this season (n/t) on 10:28 - Aug 15 with 980 viewsunstableblue

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 10:28 - Aug 15 with 976 viewsDyland

Harness is a game changer for this team… on 10:26 - Aug 15 by RobTheMonk

He was really good at the weekend. I said about a week back that I didn't think his passing was cute enough to be in the role he's being asked to play. I still stand by that to some degree, but his energy and eye for a goal are out-weighing the need for it at the moment. I think he's been coached really well. They've cut out those flick passes that he used to attempt all the time too.

Good little player to have at this level.

Oh Monkers, you can come out of the Chappers haters closet, it's fine to be totally wrong at the footy :)

x

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024