Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I beg to differ with McKenna 20:30 - Aug 13 with 1666 viewsGuthrum

It is significant being top of the division at this stage.

Being so means we just have to maintain a decent level of performance to get promoted, rather than playing catch-up, even of a handful of points. Gives us leeway should a slip-up occur.

I get the point that we can't rest on our laurels or relax for a minute. But it is a valuable position to be in, even at this stage.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I beg to differ with McKenna on 20:34 - Aug 13 with 1600 viewsJ2BLUE

You know what he means.

Perhaps as we learnt last season a better way to say it would be you can get promoted now but you can lose virtually all chance very early on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I beg to differ with McKenna on 20:51 - Aug 13 with 1505 viewsbackwaywhen

The tied and tested play it down statement …… good on him .
I beg to differ with McKenna on 20:55 - Aug 13 with 1484 viewsringwoodblue

I can see why McKenna thinks it means nothing to be top in August but he hasn’t had 20 years of misery and disappointment like we all have so we understandably take any such occurrences as meaning quite a lot.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

I beg to differ with McKenna on 21:10 - Aug 13 with 1422 viewsjeera

I beg to differ with McKenna on 20:55 - Aug 13 by ringwoodblue

I can see why McKenna thinks it means nothing to be top in August but he hasn’t had 20 years of misery and disappointment like we all have so we understandably take any such occurrences as meaning quite a lot.

He's just doing his job and protecting his players.

Manage expectations because once there's a dip in form the complaining will start.

Sensible from him to try to keep everyone as grounded as possible.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I beg to differ with McKenna on 21:11 - Aug 13 with 1407 viewsRyorry

I bet he's secretly jumping for joy! but he does have to keep the players' feet on the ground of course.

It did occur to me earlier that "all" we have to do is keep going like this, & we're there. Other clubs having to play catch-up :))

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I beg to differ with McKenna on 21:55 - Aug 13 with 1250 viewsBlueastheycome

Maybe he thinks it’s better to be the hunter not the hunted.
I beg to differ with McKenna on 21:56 - Aug 13 with 1235 viewsPrrrromotionGiven

League position certainly feels important when you're near the bottom this early!

Yeah, he has to say that from a manager's POV. Of course it's great to not be chasing and thinking "this is a must-win", "the next game is a must-win" even this early on in reality.
I beg to differ with McKenna on 21:56 - Aug 13 with 1229 viewstextbackup

the title is ours to lose now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

I beg to differ with McKenna on 22:27 - Aug 13 with 1095 viewsSwansea_Blue

Two years ago we were 1st after 10 games under Lambert, and then finished 10th. He’s right to play it down imo, but of course you want to get of to a good start.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I beg to differ with McKenna on 23:23 - Aug 13 with 924 viewsRyorry

I beg to differ with McKenna on 22:27 - Aug 13 by Swansea_Blue

Two years ago we were 1st after 10 games under Lambert, and then finished 10th. He’s right to play it down imo, but of course you want to get of to a good start.

What seems different to me with KM, and of course this is his his first start to a season with us, is his absolute thoroughness of appproach, his intelligence & analytical mind.

In his post match interview, eg, he said "“It’s a credit to the attitude of the players, it’s off the back of a really strong pre-season where we pushed really hard in hot conditions and that obviously sets you up well for days like today."

I wonder how many other managers considered UK weather trends when organising pre-season training? That kind of attention to detail reminds me very much of George Burley marking out the training pitch to a Wembley size, prior to our POF.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 23:26]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I beg to differ with McKenna on 23:26 - Aug 13 with 897 viewsOldsmoker

While we have this good start and are top, we can dream, at least till Tuesday.
I know what the sensible heads are saying but it's been a long time to get to this moment and I say to the sensible heads don't kill the buzz.

Sidenote:
The Arsenal Invincibles didn't get that nickname by losing matches.
They started winning, kept winning and finished undefeated.
COYB

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

I beg to differ with McKenna on 23:54 - Aug 13 with 793 viewsSkip_Intro

I beg to differ with McKenna on 22:27 - Aug 13 by Swansea_Blue

we are worlds apart from that team...we were very lucky to be top having played poorly and yet still won games...I agree it's right to play it down but it is very different comapred to 2020...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024