Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… 16:33 - Aug 15 with 1611 viewsunstableblue

… could we see Burgess, Keogh and/or Leigh coming in??

Would have been perfect one for Ball, but I assume still a way to go.

Feels like Leigh is most likely.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 16:35 - Aug 15 with 1539 viewsFrimleyBlue

How direct are Burton? Direct like FGR who like to get it forward but to foot. Or direct in the air?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 16:38 - Aug 15 with 1537 viewsMetal_Hacker

Can't see Burgess but perhaps Keogh maybe ...for who I'm not sure though

That said , let Burton worry about us and like KMcK does , he targets the opposition weaknesses

Poll: If it were one or the other

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 16:57 - Aug 15 with 1425 viewsVic

Nah, our 1st team boys are well able to handle the brutes of Burton.

Factoid - my great grandad was born and grew up in Burton, he was a cooper. The family then moved to Aston and with my grandad, also a cooper, lived in the shadow of Villa Park. I ought to have a soft spot for these two teams - but I've never forgiven for Villa pipping up to the Div 1 championship in 1981 (when we beat them 3 times over the season)

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 17:02 - Aug 15 with 1367 viewsBlueBoots

Burton seem to play a lot of early long balls and then try to win the second ball from the little I've seen of them; wouldn't be surprised to see Burgess brought in to help deal with that, and Keogh subbing on to help see the game out if we have a lead. Really impressed with Leigh's leap when he attack his headers, so should be a role for him too.

It was their left winger that scored a hattrick on Saturday, so need to be mindful of them punting a quick ball into that area if an attack breaks down with Burns and JD upfield.

Might seem odd to want to change things after Saturday, but don't think Burton will allow us to play our football as easily as MK Dons did...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 17:08 - Aug 15 with 1315 viewsElderGrizzly

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 17:02 - Aug 15 by BlueBoots

Burton seem to play a lot of early long balls and then try to win the second ball from the little I've seen of them; wouldn't be surprised to see Burgess brought in to help deal with that, and Keogh subbing on to help see the game out if we have a lead. Really impressed with Leigh's leap when he attack his headers, so should be a role for him too.

It was their left winger that scored a hattrick on Saturday, so need to be mindful of them punting a quick ball into that area if an attack breaks down with Burns and JD upfield.

Might seem odd to want to change things after Saturday, but don't think Burton will allow us to play our football as easily as MK Dons did...

Burton have of course conceded 13 goals already this season.

They should be worried about us.
What were MK doing giving Evans and Morsy so much space it was ridiculous on 17:28 - Aug 15 with 1132 viewsunstableblue

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 17:02 - Aug 15 by BlueBoots

Don't think Burton as you say will make the same mistake!

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 17:41 - Aug 15 with 1088 viewsGenericIpswichMan

As others have said it should be Burton who should be worried about us. I'd like to think as long as we don't make wholesale changes we will have more than enough for them.

That said, I think this may be a good game to bring in Burgess, if anyone at the expense of Woolf.

Woolf has just come off two games in a week, including 90 minutes in the heatwave after sickness so seems the best choice for a breather. Burgess can slot in as he did against FGR, with the added benefit of his height against a long ball team.

Leigh could also get the nod but I wouldn't bring Keogh into the fold...yet.
So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 17:51 - Aug 15 with 1045 viewsIpswichKnight

We’ve just spanked a team 3-0 and people want to make changes. Unless we have an injury it should be the exact same team that started against MK.
Login to get fewer ads

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 17:54 - Aug 15 with 1013 viewsThe_Realist_09

I think we will see changes. Obvious one is Leigh for Davis for the physicality and defending of crosses/set-pieces.

I think we also might see some rotation in the 10 position, probably Aluko for one of Chappers/Harness.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jackson start. Less physical than Ladapo but Burton tried to press really high and squeeze us at PR last season and we used Jacksons pace in behind a lot. If I remember rightly he was MoM with a goal and 1 or 2 assists.
So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 18:01 - Aug 15 with 968 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 17:51 - Aug 15 by IpswichKnight

We’ve just spanked a team 3-0 and people want to make changes. Unless we have an injury it should be the exact same team that started against MK.

Agreed, unchanged team please.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 18:03 - Aug 15 with 932 viewsFrimleyBlue

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 17:51 - Aug 15 by IpswichKnight

Footballs not how it was. Most managers with a large squad will look to change it up when playing against a different style.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 18:11 - Aug 15 with 903 viewsNthQldITFC

A degree of squad rotation when it is done well, by a team which is winning, and continues to win after the rotation, is a win/win scenario! You end up with lots of players who are all up to speed when needed, and fewer injuries.

If you can manage the players' expectations (of how many games they're going to play), which our manager seems to be very good at doing, you can take an already successful team further ahead of the opposition by marginal gains.

If it goes wrong, you look a c**t.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 18:26 - Aug 15 with 855 viewsStewart27

Can’t see why Burgess would come in against them.

Why would you want a defender to come in who’s more likely to concede a goal? Don’t overthink it. Clean sheet against a decent team will remain against a rubbish team.
So given McKenna comment on Burton physicality… on 18:29 - Aug 15 with 820 viewsjeera

In the past I would have stood by that sentiment myself, but fear we may be a bit behind the times.

McKenna has said before he likes to pick a team with a view to the opposition and how he thinks they will shape up , what will most effective in that regard etc.

I am actually surprised at how much I am looking forward to the game already, even at my age.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024