Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trivial Arguments........ 22:49 - Aug 15 with 1419 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

.......that festered for a while.

The Jacket potato incident on last evenings Marriage drama got me thinking.

Had a similar one with Mrs SSB shortly before a flight to Vietnam at Heathrow.
Checked in the luggage, She insisted i kept hold of the boarding passes and other relevant documents while she wandered around the terminal. Dutifully obeyed my instructions and people watched (i'm a trunky git) for a while. She found me a while later in a fuming mood as she had tried to purchase 200 Embassy No1 and couldn't get them due to me having the boarding passes.
Stoney silence ensued for the first few hours of the flight, then the air stewards came round with food and drink. I'd forgotten to pre order the veggie option so got it in the neck again for the remaining 8 hours.
I ended up doing aerobics with a couple further back down the aisle just to get out of the way.
Had a great trip, although the incidents still get relived every now and again.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Trivial Arguments........ on 22:56 - Aug 15 with 1371 viewsIllinoisblue

Some 15 years ago the missus and I plus our young daughter went to the beach. Bit of paddling, some digging in the sand. Good family fun. Come end of day missus and kid go off to the bathroom changing area to get dry and dressed. At some point in this story it is alleged that the bag of wet swimsuits and wet towels is passed to me whereupon it gets left at beach. We don’t realise this until we’re halfway of the 40 miles home. To this day I swear I never ever had the bag in my possession and therefore can’t be blamed for its disappearance. Wifey was so raged up on the drive home i genuinely thought she was going to kill me. And it’s still bought up every now and then. They never forget.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Trivial Arguments........ on 23:41 - Aug 15 with 1277 viewsCoastalblue

Most of those I have with Ms Coastal these days are sorted within an hour or two. She's a bit of a firecracker, I don't like admitting I'm wrong, so we regularly have a bit of a humdinger that passes quickly.

The former Mrs Coastal though, that was a different story. We had very different outlooks when it came to money. To be fair I'm probably a bit too generous for my own good at times, a bit easy come, easy go, however she was the total opposite.

I used to die when we went out with friends for a meal and the bill came in, she'd work out to the last penny what everybody had consumed and what percentage of the bill each person was responsible for. She'd then tell people, theirs was 22.60, or 24.80 for the next person and organise payment that way.

We went out in a group of 8 one night, all old friends of mine and partners, for a variety of reasons I quietly settled the bill. I'd just had a decent bonus and the people around the table had looked out for me one way or another in the past.

Eruption in the car after it doesn't quite cover it, but every cloud and all that, I don't think she spoke to me for a week or so afterward.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Trivial Arguments........ on 00:30 - Aug 16 with 1199 viewsfactual_blue

'.....doing aerobics with a couple further back down the aisle...'

If only Keno were here....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Trivial Arguments........ on 01:06 - Aug 16 with 1172 viewsjeera

Had a disagreement with the lady around 6 years ago and I've not laid on eyes on her since.

I'm beginning to wonder what point she thinks she's making.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trivial Arguments........ on 01:10 - Aug 16 with 1170 viewsgainsboroughblue

I've been single several years now but 'enjoyed' two long term, live-in relationships. It's how we walk into these arguments so innocently that get me, then spend the next few hours feeling like the most guilty man on earth.

I can remember one evening where I got in from work, totally shattered. She says 'Shall we go out?' I was preparing myself for a takeout and a night slumped in front of the telly but thought, "Ok, it's Friday night, why not. I can sleep in tomorrow." So, I dutifully go upstairs, have a bath, get changed and come down.

"Where shall we go" I ask. "I don't know, you choose" comes the reply. I then reel off suggestions ranging from every pub in a 5 mile radius, restaurants, cinema, drive out to the coast and even a combination of several ideas. Each suggestion was met with flat out 'I don't fancy that' or indifference combined with pulling faces as if to imply I was suggesting going on a 50 mile run.

"What shall we do then", I ask. Again, I get "I don't know".

Ten minutes later, she is passively aggressively chopping veg for dinner in the kitchen in that 'Well, I take it we're staying in' kind of hump while I sit on the sofa, all dressed up, tired and clearly not going anywhere.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Trivial Arguments........ on 02:29 - Aug 16 with 1088 viewsIllinoisblue

Trivial Arguments........ on 01:10 - Aug 16 by gainsboroughblue

I've been single several years now but 'enjoyed' two long term, live-in relationships. It's how we walk into these arguments so innocently that get me, then spend the next few hours feeling like the most guilty man on earth.

I can remember one evening where I got in from work, totally shattered. She says 'Shall we go out?' I was preparing myself for a takeout and a night slumped in front of the telly but thought, "Ok, it's Friday night, why not. I can sleep in tomorrow." So, I dutifully go upstairs, have a bath, get changed and come down.

"Where shall we go" I ask. "I don't know, you choose" comes the reply. I then reel off suggestions ranging from every pub in a 5 mile radius, restaurants, cinema, drive out to the coast and even a combination of several ideas. Each suggestion was met with flat out 'I don't fancy that' or indifference combined with pulling faces as if to imply I was suggesting going on a 50 mile run.

"What shall we do then", I ask. Again, I get "I don't know".

Ten minutes later, she is passively aggressively chopping veg for dinner in the kitchen in that 'Well, I take it we're staying in' kind of hump while I sit on the sofa, all dressed up, tired and clearly not going anywhere.

Yep, had plenty of those arguments!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Trivial Arguments........ on 15:53 - Aug 16 with 800 viewsFBI

A few years back, when we lived in sunny Hull, Mrs FBI was prattling on a-bloody-gain about the fact that I kept leaving the teaspoon on a shelf above the kettle and thereby a small coffee spot (which could be cleaned off with a wet finger if so inclined) so I stopped listening and wandered out into the back garden.

Door shuts.

Key turns.

"I'm not unlocking until you promise to stop putting the spoon on the shelf!"

Sod that, thinks our hero, who then climbs over the fence to go in through the front door.

Our hero, that is, who then spent the night in A&E and a week off work with a severely jarred spine that hasn't quite been the same since. Turned out the fence was a bit higher than I'd realised.

She never mentions it, of course...
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 15:54]

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Trivial Arguments........ on 16:16 - Aug 16 with 752 viewsOldsmoker

Trivial Arguments........ on 15:53 - Aug 16 by FBI

A few years back, when we lived in sunny Hull, Mrs FBI was prattling on a-bloody-gain about the fact that I kept leaving the teaspoon on a shelf above the kettle and thereby a small coffee spot (which could be cleaned off with a wet finger if so inclined) so I stopped listening and wandered out into the back garden.

Door shuts.

Key turns.

Sod that, thinks our hero, who then climbs over the fence to go in through the front door.

Our hero, that is, who then spent the night in A&E and a week off work with a severely jarred spine that hasn't quite been the same since. Turned out the fence was a bit higher than I'd realised.

I once had a girlfriend who nagged me.
She always said there were 2 things about me that drove her mad.
The first was that I didn't listen.
I can't remember what the second reason was.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

Trivial Arguments........ on 18:33 - Aug 16 with 661 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Trivial Arguments........ on 15:53 - Aug 16 by FBI

Door shuts.

Key turns.

The shame of you....licking your finger to wipe surfaces with. I'm surprised she took you back. Use your sleeve man.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Trivial Arguments........ on 21:27 - Aug 16 with 605 viewsFBI

Trivial Arguments........ on 18:33 - Aug 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

The shame of you....licking your finger to wipe surfaces with. I'm surprised she took you back. Use your sleeve man.

:-D

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024