Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Solar panels 08:46 - Aug 16 with 2258 viewseastangliaisblue

Has anyone got any recommendations for solar panel installers in the Ipswich area please? Thanks in advance.
Solar panels on 08:56 - Aug 16 with 2216 viewsBlueStreak

Greenscape energy in Woodbridge road. Tell Hedgey I sent you so I can get a %age
Solar panels on 09:02 - Aug 16 with 2188 viewslowhouseblue

Solar panels on 08:56 - Aug 16 by BlueStreak

Greenscape energy in Woodbridge road. Tell Hedgey I sent you so I can get a %age

using EcoEastAnglia from dedham. they seem good.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Solar panels on 10:26 - Aug 16 with 2087 viewsDeano69

Is there some sort of average price for installing panels these days?

Been thinking about it for a while, but no clue what sort of budget is required.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Solar panels on 10:51 - Aug 16 with 2037 viewsBent_double

Ahem...

Solar energy companies by Bent_double 2 Aug 2022 20:45
Anyone got any experience/recommendation of companies in this region who can design, supply and install a solar panel system?

I've only managed to get one quote so far, which is for 30 panels, inverter and battery storage - I've got no idea if it is reasonable or competitive.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Solar panels on 10:56 - Aug 16 with 2018 viewstextbackup

had them on last house from them guys, whilst i didnt get them installed (already on there) the aftercare from a bloke called Nigel was brilliant. helped with the paperwork when selling house etc

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Solar panels on 11:19 - Aug 16 with 1962 viewsclive_baker

Solar panels on 10:26 - Aug 16 by Deano69

Is there some sort of average price for installing panels these days?

Been thinking about it for a while, but no clue what sort of budget is required.

I'm sure there's people way better qualified than me to comment but I had a mate chewing my ear off about them recently as he's just had some. Think he said £7k and that they should generate £700 of energy per year, although it obviously depends on energy prices. Better return right now given they're so high. 8-10 year payback he seemed to think but would be interested in other peoples experience of them.

What someone needs to invent is a roof tile that has the solar capture capabilities of a panel, but looks like a normal pantile. Would be a game changer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Solar panels on 11:21 - Aug 16 with 1938 viewslowhouseblue

Solar panels on 11:19 - Aug 16 by clive_baker

I'm sure there's people way better qualified than me to comment but I had a mate chewing my ear off about them recently as he's just had some. Think he said £7k and that they should generate £700 of energy per year, although it obviously depends on energy prices. Better return right now given they're so high. 8-10 year payback he seemed to think but would be interested in other peoples experience of them.

What someone needs to invent is a roof tile that has the solar capture capabilities of a panel, but looks like a normal pantile. Would be a game changer.

https://www.gb-sol.co.uk/products/pvslates/default.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2v_Mx5H

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Solar panels on 11:27 - Aug 16 with 1881 viewseastangliaisblue

Solar panels on 10:51 - Aug 16 by Bent_double

Ahem...

Solar energy companies by Bent_double 2 Aug 2022 20:45
Anyone got any experience/recommendation of companies in this region who can design, supply and install a solar panel system?

I've only managed to get one quote so far, which is for 30 panels, inverter and battery storage - I've got no idea if it is reasonable or competitive.

Ah somehow missed this thread.

Have you had any other quotes yet and what you'll be able to generate etc?
Login to get fewer ads

Solar panels on 11:28 - Aug 16 with 1868 viewsclive_baker

Solar panels on 11:21 - Aug 16 by lowhouseblue

https://www.gb-sol.co.uk/products/pvslates/default.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2v_Mx5H

Genius

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Solar panels on 11:45 - Aug 16 with 1823 viewsElephantintheRoom

The only experience I have is my father wasting some of his retirement cash on some panels defacing the roof of his house.

No idea about current charges BUT the rogues who installed his panels were charging him an annual maintenance/service charge which ate up any savings he might have made long term. When we sold the house nobody seemed overly thrilled to see solar panels defacing the back of the house - which I had previously thought was the only merit of solar power - that it would benefit people IF it was already there

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Solar panels on 12:08 - Aug 16 with 1761 viewsDeano69

Thanks for that.

On another note, personally I think every publicly owned property should have them, new builds and retrospective

Solar panels on 13:04 - Aug 16 with 1704 viewsBent_double

Solar panels on 11:27 - Aug 16 by eastangliaisblue

Ah somehow missed this thread.

Have you had any other quotes yet and what you'll be able to generate etc?

No problem.

To be honest, I've been too busy to contact any of the companies that were mentioned. The one quote I have is from Silver Crest, they did a Zoom consultancy, which took about an hour, the guy seemed very knowledgeable and wasn't pushy at all. They seem to be a large national/international company and either own the company that produces the panels, or buys them by the container load, so no issue with availability - which he claimed would be for other smaller companies considering the current levels of demand.

The quote I got was around the £16k mark, but for 30 panels, and that *should* be able to produce 50-60% of my usage needs, but as someone else said, a 10 year payback is probably reasonable.

Solar panels on 17:56 - Aug 16 with 1566 viewsBlueStreak

Solar panels on 10:56 - Aug 16 by textbackup

had them on last house from them guys, whilst i didnt get them installed (already on there) the aftercare from a bloke called Nigel was brilliant. helped with the paperwork when selling house etc

Nigel is top bloke and the main man there.
Solar panels on 18:23 - Aug 16 with 1527 viewsPinewoodblue

Worth shelling out an extra £3,000 for storage battery as, for most people, solar produces more electricity at times you aren’t using it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Solar panels on 18:49 - Aug 16 with 1497 viewsBent_double

Solar panels on 18:23 - Aug 16 by Pinewoodblue

Worth shelling out an extra £3,000 for storage battery as, for most people, solar produces more electricity at times you aren’t using it.

You can also configure the batteries to draw in night-rate electricity from the grid, apparently, which you would use during the daytime for additional savings.

Not sure if that's the case for all systems though.

Solar panels on 18:26 - Aug 17 with 1352 viewsDeano69

Really helpful.

Is there any additional value added to your property by installing them? Just not sure if/where we will be in 10 years with regards to staying put.

Solar panels on 18:45 - Aug 17 with 1313 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm thinking about it but I'm worried that once I've had it done there will be new technology to replace existing ones by 50% in size with double the power.

I'm still miffed about my Betamax and Squarial.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Solar panels on 21:02 - Aug 17 with 1153 viewsMisterBlue

Solar panels on 11:28 - Aug 16 by clive_baker

Genius

Or Tesla

https://www.tesla.com/en_gb/solarroof
Solar panels on 22:05 - Aug 17 with 1109 viewsghostofescobar

Completely transparent glass solar panels are a new thing, so in the not too distant future electricity will be able to be generated via house and office windows, car sun roofs, mobile phone screens etc etc. Basically generate electric wherever normal glass would be used. Greenhouses, just thought of that one.

GhostOfEscobar

Solar panels on 22:14 - Aug 17 with 1097 viewsLord_Lucan

Solar panels on 22:05 - Aug 17 by ghostofescobar

Completely transparent glass solar panels are a new thing, so in the not too distant future electricity will be able to be generated via house and office windows, car sun roofs, mobile phone screens etc etc. Basically generate electric wherever normal glass would be used. Greenhouses, just thought of that one.

What you are getting at is exactly what I told radicalised vegetarian Artsbossbeard a few years ago.

The solution will not be reduced human consumption (that is irreversible), the solution will come from mankind.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Solar panels on 22:22 - Aug 17 with 1080 viewsMeadowlark

Been waiting 9 months for Greenscape to install solar batteries.
They tell me they have supply issues
My solar panels have provided all my hot water needs since April using a diverter for the immersion heater and with all the sun recently have not had to use much mains electricity either.

If only I could store it somehow and use it in the evening....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024