Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton or Bart? 14:50 - Aug 16 with 2485 viewsSamWhiteUK

Walton or Bart? on 14:54 - Aug 16 with 1986 viewsNthsuffolkblue

http://www.the-waltons.com/

https://www.disneyplus.com/en-gb/franchise/the-simpsons

Or do you mean is the 3-times-player-of-the-season in the Championship, experienced Championship regular goalkeeper better than our current League 1 one?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Walton or Bart? on 14:56 - Aug 16 with 1974 viewsSheffordBlue

Bart has achieved more to date. Walton on his current trajectory has a higher ceiling. I'll set a reminder to come back to this poll and answer it in 3 years time!

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Walton or Bart? on 14:59 - Aug 16 with 1938 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Walton or Bart? on 14:56 - Aug 16 by SheffordBlue

Bart has achieved more to date. Walton on his current trajectory has a higher ceiling. I'll set a reminder to come back to this poll and answer it in 3 years time!

I know we want Walton to do well, and he is a very good keeper for the level we are at. I hope he goes on to be better than Bart is, but isn't Walton's current trajectory downwards (assuming you look at the level he is playing)?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/christian-walton/profil/spieler/208379

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Walton or Bart? on 15:03 - Aug 16 with 1898 viewsSheffordBlue

Walton or Bart? on 14:59 - Aug 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

I know we want Walton to do well, and he is a very good keeper for the level we are at. I hope he goes on to be better than Bart is, but isn't Walton's current trajectory downwards (assuming you look at the level he is playing)?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/christian-walton/profil/spieler/208379

I was looking more at ability than the dvision that he is playing at. Think many of his current attributes are as good if not better than Bart's e.g. ability to play it with his feet. Personally think he'll play in the Prem at some point - hopefully with us

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Walton or Bart? on 16:03 - Aug 16 with 1755 viewsWickets

Walton or Bart? on 14:54 - Aug 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Or do you mean is the 3-times-player-of-the-season in the Championship, experienced Championship regular goalkeeper better than our current League 1 one?

Very true but Walton has some Premier league experience one or two games I seem to remember. Bart probably a bit better shot stopper but Walt better at crosses and distribution maybe .
Walton or Bart? on 16:41 - Aug 16 with 1681 viewsSchmoke

Walton or Bart? on 14:54 - Aug 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Czesc Bartosz
Walton or Bart? on 16:46 - Aug 16 with 1631 viewsSimonds92

This isn't even close, Walton is the best keeper we've had for 15-20 years.
Walton or Bart? on 16:50 - Aug 16 with 1613 viewshype313

Walton or Bart? on 15:03 - Aug 16 by SheffordBlue

I was looking more at ability than the dvision that he is playing at. Think many of his current attributes are as good if not better than Bart's e.g. ability to play it with his feet. Personally think he'll play in the Prem at some point - hopefully with us

Also, Bart faced far more shot than Walton has or will face due to the solidity of the current defence, but one of they great key components of a great keeper is that they can be redundant for large swathes of the game but are on point at the right time.

I loved Bart, but as goalkeepers Walton has far more in his locker ability wise, and time will prove that no doubt.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Walton or Bart? on 16:55 - Aug 16 with 1592 viewsMullet

Absolutely staggering numbers here. Bart as an ITFC player and current player is way ahead of Walton. There isn't a debate to be had.

Could Walton come through with us as we win the Championship next season? Sure.

But until then it's Polish power all the way.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Walton or Bart? on 16:59 - Aug 16 with 1557 viewsHighgateBlue

Walton or Bart? on 16:55 - Aug 16 by Mullet

Absolutely staggering numbers here. Bart as an ITFC player and current player is way ahead of Walton. There isn't a debate to be had.

Recency bias, innit?

Like when Millennium by Robbie Williams somehow got voted the best piece of music of the, erm, millennium. Unbelievable Jeff...
Walton or Bart? on 17:11 - Aug 16 with 1516 viewsSimonds92

Rubbish, Bart was a decent shot stopper in a poor team. He had very little strengths outside his shot stopping. Never commanded his area / defence, very poor with his feet, didnt come for crosses. Walton is better at every single other aspect of being a goalkeeper but Bart is arguably a better shot stopper (id say they were pretty even in that aspect). Im not convinced its any easier being a goalkeeper in L1 than it is in the Championship either.
Walton or Bart? on 17:28 - Aug 16 with 1470 viewsitfcjoe

Walton or Bart? on 17:11 - Aug 16 by Simonds92

Rubbish, Bart was a decent shot stopper in a poor team. He had very little strengths outside his shot stopping. Never commanded his area / defence, very poor with his feet, didnt come for crosses. Walton is better at every single other aspect of being a goalkeeper but Bart is arguably a better shot stopper (id say they were pretty even in that aspect). Im not convinced its any easier being a goalkeeper in L1 than it is in the Championship either.

Bart was a fantastic keeper and has continued to rack up great numbers and more POTY awards at Millwall - he’s been a top Championship keeper for the last 7-8 years

Walton has been very good for us but miles to go to get ahead of Bart

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Walton or Bart? on 17:30 - Aug 16 with 1458 viewsSamWhiteUK

I'm torn on this one, which is why I posted (that, and prompted by another comment).

Bart was, as has been mentioned, a brilliant shot-stopper, and I always felt confident if the oppo got through 1-on-1 that Bart would come out on top and we wouldn't concede.

However, he didn't fill me with confidence with commanding his area (something we've had a problem with for a while, until CW came along) and he did have an error in him, such as Norwich's late equaliser at Carrow Road when he went chasing for the ball at the byline and lost out. I seem to remember he had a major error in his first Millwall appearance as well, or at least an early one.

I'd say overall, CW gives me more confidence between the sticks overall and therefore he has my vote. I am aware though that this could be recency bias.
Walton or Bart? on 17:40 - Aug 16 with 1422 viewshappybeingblue

Walton or Bart? on 17:30 - Aug 16 by SamWhiteUK

I'm torn on this one, which is why I posted (that, and prompted by another comment).

Bart was, as has been mentioned, a brilliant shot-stopper, and I always felt confident if the oppo got through 1-on-1 that Bart would come out on top and we wouldn't concede.

However, he didn't fill me with confidence with commanding his area (something we've had a problem with for a while, until CW came along) and he did have an error in him, such as Norwich's late equaliser at Carrow Road when he went chasing for the ball at the byline and lost out. I seem to remember he had a major error in his first Millwall appearance as well, or at least an early one.

I'd say overall, CW gives me more confidence between the sticks overall and therefore he has my vote. I am aware though that this could be recency bias.

Bart got 3! yes 3 poty awards in a row! some fans have very short memories guy played over 160 times for us in a league above as well and if it wasnt for him we would have been relegated sooner
Walton or Bart? on 17:45 - Aug 16 with 1384 viewscbower

Walton or Bart? on 16:50 - Aug 16 by hype313

Also, Bart faced far more shot than Walton has or will face due to the solidity of the current defence, but one of they great key components of a great keeper is that they can be redundant for large swathes of the game but are on point at the right time.

I loved Bart, but as goalkeepers Walton has far more in his locker ability wise, and time will prove that no doubt.

Indeed. Bart is a fantastic shotstopper. However, he never dominated his six yard box in the way Walton does and that dan relieve the pressure on a defence at crucial moments. I have often lamented that successive keepers at Town even as far back as Plug in his first spell (he was top notch in everything else) were never dominant claiming crosses. Maybe Webster had something to do with this? Even extremely tall keepers like Marton Fulop (RIP) and Holy seemed glued to the line at times.

bluescouser

Walton or Bart? on 18:00 - Aug 16 with 1333 viewsSimonds92

Walton or Bart? on 17:28 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

Bart was a fantastic keeper and has continued to rack up great numbers and more POTY awards at Millwall - he’s been a top Championship keeper for the last 7-8 years

Walton has been very good for us but miles to go to get ahead of Bart

So in a one off game that is the play-off final you'd have Bart in ahead of Walton? Madness. Walton has everything in his locker and will be playing prem football in the near future. Bart was a good shot stopper but Id argue half (half is an exaggeration but a fair proportion) of the unbelievable saves he made came as a result of him not commanding his area properly. I've never felt so comfortable in a goalkeeper playing for us as I do with CW and i dont think I've seen our defence trust a goalkeeper as much as they do. It was always very panicky with Bart.
Walton or Bart? on 18:03 - Aug 16 with 1325 viewscbower

Would you swap Walton for Bart then? I wouldn't even swap them if they were the same age. Remember, Walton has performed in the Championship too. This is not me having a go at Bart but collecting crosses is so important and he was below average in that respect imho.

bluescouser

Walton or Bart? on 18:24 - Aug 16 with 1279 viewsOldsmoker

Love the one you're with.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Walton or Bart? on 18:31 - Aug 16 with 1262 viewscbower

Walton or Bart? on 18:24 - Aug 16 by Oldsmoker

Love the one you're with.

Depends what you're referring to! Always find myself hankering after something else in several aspects of my life!

bluescouser

Walton or Bart? on 18:51 - Aug 16 with 1218 viewsMullet

Walton or Bart? on 17:11 - Aug 16 by Simonds92

Yeah, that's just not true though. Hence why one is here and one is performing exceptionally well at a higher level. Talk to any Millwall fan about Bart and you'll see.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Walton or Bart? on 18:59 - Aug 16 with 1171 viewsOldsmoker

Walton or Bart? on 18:31 - Aug 16 by cbower

Depends what you're referring to! Always find myself hankering after something else in several aspects of my life!

My last missus was the one who hankered after something/someone else.

Some say she was a popular girl but she really was a slut.
Don't get me wrong, her slut qualities were why I dated her.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Walton or Bart? on 18:59 - Aug 16 with 1171 viewsKieran_Knows

Jesus wept, where to even begin with this post.

Let’s get one thing straight, whilst Bart was a good keeper, he was NOWHERE near as good as what people made him out to be. Good shot stopper? Yes. Everything else about his game was poor.

Walton is streets ahead of him in terms of his aerial ability and claiming crosses and streets ahead of him in terms of his distribution, whether that’s playing out from the back or going long. Oh, and he doesn’t just dive aimlessly on penalties.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Walton or Bart? on 19:44 - Aug 16 with 1070 viewsitfcjoe

Walton or Bart? on 18:00 - Aug 16 by Simonds92

So in a one off game that is the play-off final you'd have Bart in ahead of Walton? Madness. Walton has everything in his locker and will be playing prem football in the near future. Bart was a good shot stopper but Id argue half (half is an exaggeration but a fair proportion) of the unbelievable saves he made came as a result of him not commanding his area properly. I've never felt so comfortable in a goalkeeper playing for us as I do with CW and i dont think I've seen our defence trust a goalkeeper as much as they do. It was always very panicky with Bart.

Madness to suggest the keeper who has kept basically 50 Championship clean sheets across the last 3 seasons is a better keeper than one playing in League One?

He was superb for Ipswich, he’s been superb for Millwall.

But then when Bart was here people were saying he was a better keeper than Wright who played for England before he left us.

As i said, Walton been great but has miles to go to eclipse Bart. If he was better he’d be at the top end of the Chanpionship now

Walton or Bart? on 19:44 - Aug 16 with 1071 viewsibbleobble

Staggering isn’t it? Amazing what the optimism of a 3-0 win has done to perspective and rational thinking. I lost count of how many Man of the Match awards and player of the year trophies he won at Championship level.

As much as I admire Walton. This is a non contest.
Walton or Bart? on 19:45 - Aug 16 with 1065 viewsitfcjoe

Walton or Bart? on 19:44 - Aug 16 by ibbleobble

Staggering isn’t it? Amazing what the optimism of a 3-0 win has done to perspective and rational thinking. I lost count of how many Man of the Match awards and player of the year trophies he won at Championship level.

As much as I admire Walton. This is a non contest.

It’s the equivalent of saying David Johnson was better than Paul Mariner - it is much harder doing it at the level above and you’ve got to show you can.

Think people mistake preferring someone to thinking they are better than them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024