Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… 23:26 - Aug 16 with 2720 viewsunstableblue

… and my word there have been some good ones already

But tonight he’s just bang one in summing up the game and our performance, and really just capturing what league one is all about

As he stated that first half was chaos

Also it did sound like the away support was rocking tonight

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 01:20 - Aug 17 with 2467 viewsIllinoisblue

I think he’s headed for the very top. Hopefully with us. Tactically up there with the best.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 01:48 - Aug 17 with 2431 viewsjeera

Love the guy; level headed, honest.

Wouldn't swap him for anyone right now.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 01:49 - Aug 17 with 2422 viewsKropotkin123

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 01:20 - Aug 17 by Illinoisblue

I think he’s headed for the very top. Hopefully with us. Tactically up there with the best.

Take us to the top

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 02:31 - Aug 17 with 2383 viewsjeera

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 01:49 - Aug 17 by Kropotkin123

Take us to the top

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 06:03 - Aug 17 with 2239 viewsSomethingBlue

He is a better talker about football than any Town manager I can remember. Struggle to recall a word of bullsh7t from him.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 06:52 - Aug 17 with 2022 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, but....smarmy though.

Would it KILL him to glare out a journo, buy the fans a beer or bring a coffee to the dugout?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 07:23 - Aug 17 with 1926 viewsNthQldITFC

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 06:03 - Aug 17 by SomethingBlue

He is a better talker about football than any Town manager I can remember. Struggle to recall a word of bullsh7t from him.

Very important that.

Bullsh!t is a corrosive substance which undermines trust, self-respect and external relationships in a fruitless and misguided attempt to protect the ego.

Having said that, my tomatoes are going great guns this year on it.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 07:50 - Aug 17 with 1780 viewsDubtractor

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 06:03 - Aug 17 by SomethingBlue

I've not bothered reading interviews from any of of recent managers as a rule, as its all been clichéd bollards, and never insightful at all.

I read almost everything from McKenna though as it is genuinely worth the time.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 08:07 - Aug 17 with 1670 viewschicoazul

Thingers how long will we hang onto this guy? He’s very well thought of and seems like such a good bloke. Surely if we get promoted that’ll be it?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 08:11 - Aug 17 with 1646 viewsSomethingBlue

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 08:07 - Aug 17 by chicoazul

Thingers how long will we hang onto this guy? He’s very well thought of and seems like such a good bloke. Surely if we get promoted that’ll be it?

It's a good question, he's possibly not that long for us, people who "know stuff" genuinely think he's exceptional. Only thing I'd say, taking a leap or two and *assuming* we go up, is — if we get things right at long last we are as good a bet as pretty much anyone in the Champ and about a third of the Prem in terms of size and (if owners keep developing the place at current pace) structure ... so perhaps it'd have to be a pretty big job to lure him away.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 08:12 - Aug 17 with 1636 viewsVic

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 08:07 - Aug 17 by chicoazul

Would be a genuine shame if he was poached so soon. But, in the champ, with the backing we now have and the history we’ve got I think we’d be able to pull in another manager of above average capacity..

Personally I think he’d probably stay for at least a season - if he does well his stock will rise massively..

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 08:37 - Aug 17 with 1520 viewsChurchman

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 08:12 - Aug 17 by Vic

Would be a genuine shame if he was poached so soon. But, in the champ, with the backing we now have and the history we’ve got I think we’d be able to pull in another manager of above average capacity..

Personally I think he’d probably stay for at least a season - if he does well his stock will rise massively..

If he is successful and we are promoted, I could see him staying another season to try his hand in the Championship. He’s unlikely to go to a peer club or a bad one and I doubt truly big clubs will take a risk on a manager whose been in the job half a season. So for me the chances of him going are small - unless domestically he doesn’t settle in the area.

ITFC is a great opportunity for him. If he succeeds, great for us great for him and as you rightly point out, we will be in a far better position to replace him with somebody better than the comedians who stank PR out in Evans’ time (excluding MM).
Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 08:57 - Aug 17 with 1452 viewsITFC_Forever

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 08:11 - Aug 17 by SomethingBlue

It's a good question, he's possibly not that long for us, people who "know stuff" genuinely think he's exceptional. Only thing I'd say, taking a leap or two and *assuming* we go up, is — if we get things right at long last we are as good a bet as pretty much anyone in the Champ and about a third of the Prem in terms of size and (if owners keep developing the place at current pace) structure ... so perhaps it'd have to be a pretty big job to lure him away.

I know as well we had initial approaches over the summer for him.... but Ashton soon told them where to go.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 09:13 - Aug 17 with 1375 viewsiamipswich

Firstly, I wasn't at the game so trust those at the game's judgement over what I read on Twitter or hear on Radio Suffolk.

But from what I've heard/read, it sounded like it would be generous to say we 'deserved' the three points given the chances we afforded a wasteful Burton team.

I may be wrong and agree with the post in that KM is much more level-headed than the hot air brigade of Lambert, Cook and even McCarthy. But on this occasion, sounds like he's being a tad generous?

Poll: Who will return first?

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 09:14 - Aug 17 with 1364 viewspointofblue

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 01:20 - Aug 17 by Illinoisblue

I can say this as it isn’t necessarily hindsight, as we won, but I think last night’s selection caused us a few problems. Instead of a like for like, of sorts, for Burns by selecting KVY, he went for something different. It worked in the second half as we were able to stretch the game but chaos was the right word for the first half - and I feel some of it may have been self-inflicted.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 09:18 - Aug 17 with 1344 viewsDyland

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 08:11 - Aug 17 by SomethingBlue

Oh do behave ffs :)

COYFB

DREEEEAM... BELIIIIEEEEEEVE...

arfs

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 09:31 - Aug 17 with 1303 viewsDubtractor

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 09:13 - Aug 17 by iamipswich

Firstly, I wasn't at the game so trust those at the game's judgement over what I read on Twitter or hear on Radio Suffolk.

But from what I've heard/read, it sounded like it would be generous to say we 'deserved' the three points given the chances we afforded a wasteful Burton team.

I may be wrong and agree with the post in that KM is much more level-headed than the hot air brigade of Lambert, Cook and even McCarthy. But on this occasion, sounds like he's being a tad generous?

Being completely honest, a draw would have been fair, but I guess his point is that we did weather the first half, and then were the better team in the second and nullified their threat. So it's a hard earned win, without necessarily dominating the game.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 09:32 - Aug 17 with 1294 viewsJ2BLUE

Imagine McKenna leading us out at Old Trafford in front of 8000 Town fans.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 09:34 - Aug 17 with 1278 viewsSteve_M

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 09:32 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

The way United are going that might outnumber the home fans....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 09:35 - Aug 17 with 1265 viewsSteve_M

Yes, clearly the club being on an upward trajectory is the most likely way McK stays here longer. Just one more reason why we have to get this season right.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 10:05 - Aug 17 with 1161 viewschicoazul

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 09:32 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

I think we can aspire to higher than the Championship mate.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Agree... on 10:20 - Aug 17 with 1129 viewsunstableblue

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 09:13 - Aug 17 by iamipswich

I think McKenna was probably over generous on our performance last night..

But you could tell he was in a little bit of shock after the 'chaos' of the first half and the night in general

He'll go back over the highlights and realise it wasn't quite the winning ugly performance he lauded.. as there were just too many individual errors and poor performances from Town players... but i'm sure he'll see and admit that

And look to win ugly with a bit more poise than last night

A draw would have perhaps been fair... they had chances.. some of which we gifted

But we're top.. we didn't get the breaks second half against Bolton..

Bu we just have to keep winning... go on a real run now

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Probably one of McKennas better post match interviews… on 11:19 - Aug 17 with 1033 viewsN2_Blue

The man just absolutely oozes class.

He is going to be a successful PL manager, its inevitable. Would love it to be with us, time will tell.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024