Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More of the same for Shrewsbury? 07:54 - Aug 17 with 2815 viewsMullet

They had 25% possession last night in a 0-0 with Derby, still managed a few fouls and decent amount of shots but not on target.

They managed just 34% possession when they beat Wycombe albeit with a late penalty.

I'd think they represent a good litmus test after these last two performances. A few pundits and twitter types were tipping them to do all right this season given their signings and experience about the place.

Their loss against Stanley after going down to 10 men and draw with Morecambe saw them having a more equal share of the games, which suggests where their style and standard might be at in terms of the league.

I've certainly got more faith that we will not just pass amongst ourselves allowing teams to settle behind their lines. You'd fancy us to get in behind teams every week from what we've seen.

Looking forward to heading down there at the weekend.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

More of the same for Shrewsbury? on 16:45 - Aug 17 with 487 viewsgainsboroughblue

More of the same for Shrewsbury? on 10:39 - Aug 17 by Bluedandy

I should have checked we did win 1- 0 you're right .... the crowd was definitely sub 10K for the first time in the league in god knows how long ... so somehow felt like a defeat perhaps?

Remember going to first home game against Grimsby and we scraped a draw (Neil Woods scored for us who we signed in the summer from Rangers. Haven't checked just testing my memory).

Woods signed the next season (87-88) so wouldn't have played that day v Grimsby. In saying that, I can't remember for the life of me who did score for us that day, but I do know Grimsby levelled very late on.

It was a patchy start to say the least. A draw at Pompey followed before that home defeat to Oldham where Futcher got sent off for them. And then the laborious win over Shrews followed.

We made the play-offs that year though and managed to keep a clean sheet at the North Stand end for the whole season.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

More of the same for Shrewsbury? on 16:45 - Aug 17 with 482 viewsNthsuffolkblue

More of the same for Shrewsbury? on 08:01 - Aug 17 by chicoazul

4 wins in a row would be such a boost and show the club is really firing on all cylinders. But like Mick would say, if you offered me a draw now I’d not get on the bus.

Only thinking of the environment, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

More of the same for Shrewsbury? on 19:14 - Aug 17 with 412 viewsMattinLondon

More of the same for Shrewsbury? on 08:01 - Aug 17 by chicoazul

4 wins in a row would be such a boost and show the club is really firing on all cylinders. But like Mick would say, if you offered me a draw now I’d not get on the bus.

Possibly why clubs aren’t queuing up to offer him a job.
More of the same for Shrewsbury? on 19:27 - Aug 17 with 400 viewsSheffordBlue

More of the same for Shrewsbury? on 09:56 - Aug 17 by iamipswich

I noticed that they made no substitutions last night so hopefully there's a few tired legs on their side on Saturday.

Interesting Shrewsbury forum thread here where they're talking about fitness levels/lack of depth in squad/only 6 subs. If we can nick and early goal and grind them down in the first 60 our depth from the bench will be really useful.

https://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/103669/fitness-levels

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

More of the same for Shrewsbury? on 21:58 - Aug 17 with 327 viewsEdwardStone

More of the same for Shrewsbury? on 16:32 - Aug 17 by Mullet

Are you boys not in corporate again?!?!?

Not this Saturday, no.

Or any other Saturday this season..... I only know the one Club owner to get freebies.

We will be in the Brooklands pub, just down from the Ground from about half past 12, so see y'all there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024