Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wtf happened in central London on Friday? 10:58 - Aug 17 with 2715 viewsnoggin

I've been seeing videos of yoofs causing havoc on Oxford Street but haven't seen anything in the msm about it.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 12:36 - Aug 17 with 2514 viewsZx1988

Certainly seems as if it should have been worthy of mention.

I wouldn't be surprised if, given everything that's currently going on, the Government is sh*t scared of a repeat of the 2011 riots (potentially on a larger scale, given the extent of the discontent?).

If that's the case, then there's definitely a case for the MSM having been leant on not to report this, for fear of inspiring others into action.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 12:40 - Aug 17 with 2481 viewslowhouseblue

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 12:36 - Aug 17 by Zx1988

I wouldn't be surprised if, given everything that's currently going on, the Government is sh*t scared of a repeat of the 2011 riots (potentially on a larger scale, given the extent of the discontent?).

If that's the case, then there's definitely a case for the MSM having been leant on not to report this, for fear of inspiring others into action.

"at one point, a group is seen exiting an American candy shop with armfuls of stolen sweets.
At another moment, the gang jumps on the back of a Ferrari sports car as it attempts to make its way along the road. It is unclear whether any damage was caused to the vehicle."

sadly it's not all that uncommon in city centres when the weather's hot. it's not been reported widely because it's not very newsworthy. it's not the start of the revolution.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 12:57 - Aug 17 with 2359 viewschicoazul

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 12:40 - Aug 17 by lowhouseblue

"at one point, a group is seen exiting an American candy shop with armfuls of stolen sweets.
At another moment, the gang jumps on the back of a Ferrari sports car as it attempts to make its way along the road. It is unclear whether any damage was caused to the vehicle."

sadly it's not all that uncommon in city centres when the weather's hot. it's not been reported widely because it's not very newsworthy. it's not the start of the revolution.

Given those sweet shops are almost certainly some sort of tax wheeze, and a Ferrari is an awful ostentatious bourgeoisie statement of crass rentier wealth, these young people are clearly motivated by revolutionary Gramscian spirit.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 13:01 - Aug 17 with 2331 viewsgiant_stow

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 12:57 - Aug 17 by chicoazul

Given those sweet shops are almost certainly some sort of tax wheeze, and a Ferrari is an awful ostentatious bourgeoisie statement of crass rentier wealth, these young people are clearly motivated by revolutionary Gramscian spirit.

I hadn't been up that way for ages until the other week - those sweet shops are bludy everywhere! Never liked Oxford street, so no skin off my nose, but with the cheap clothes shops there too now, its turning into a bit of a dump.

OP, got any links? This one passed me by, although some body got stabbed to death just off there a couple of days ago.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 13:25 - Aug 17 with 2220 viewsnoggin

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 12:40 - Aug 17 by lowhouseblue

If looting and attacking the police, in central London, is no longer newsworthy, Britain is in a worse state than I thought. Estimates of a group of 100 youths.

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 13:36 - Aug 17 with 2156 viewslowhouseblue

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 13:25 - Aug 17 by noggin

If looting and attacking the police, in central London, is no longer newsworthy, Britain is in a worse state than I thought. Estimates of a group of 100 youths.

city centres, hot weather, and school holidays. not unique to the uk. you'd be shocked by what happens in city centres in the early hours when people are out drinking. hope it's an eye opener into what the police have to deal with.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I very much doubt that Britain.... on 13:39 - Aug 17 with 2112 viewsBloots

...is in a worse state than YOU think.

You have a very strange obsession with reminding everyone what a terrible place it is.

It appears to be your raison d'etre.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 13:44 - Aug 17 with 2064 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I’m not sure why you are surprised? London had over 11,000 knife offences last year for example, I imagine there are lots of violent incidents that go unreported in the media.
Login to get fewer ads

I very much doubt that Britain.... on 13:47 - Aug 17 with 2031 viewsnoggin

I very much doubt that Britain.... on 13:39 - Aug 17 by Bloots

...is in a worse state than YOU think.

You have a very strange obsession with reminding everyone what a terrible place it is.

It appears to be your raison d'etre.

Does it upset you sweet cheeks?

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 13:48 - Aug 17 with 2029 viewsclive_baker

Nothing new, used to work just off it and walk down OS regularly. Once saw a group of kids about 15 / 16 who had brazenly walked out of a clothes shops with loads of stuff without paying. Made no attempt to hide it and poor security guard got badly beaten up when he tried to intervene.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 15:29 - Aug 17 with 1797 viewsgiant_stow

I think this is more indicative of chaos personally: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/greenford-murder-mobility-scooter-stabbed-

What sort of person could do that?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 15:54 - Aug 17 with 1698 viewsLord_Lucan

The only thing I have seen is a tweet of a video mentioning @mayoroflondon and someone posted below it that the footage was of 2011

I don't know if that is / was the case

Edit - it was the sweet shop tweet - but it wasn't one of those crazy money laundering ones
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 15:57]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 21:55 - Aug 17 with 1340 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 12:36 - Aug 17 by Zx1988

They are not at all popular in Scotland:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/protesters-shout-tory-scum-and-accused-of-s

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 22:29 - Aug 17 with 1258 viewsjeera

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 15:29 - Aug 17 by giant_stow

I think this is more indicative of chaos personally: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/greenford-murder-mobility-scooter-stabbed-

What sort of person could do that?

It's not right for someone to have their days ended in such a way.

Violent act by a complete coward.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 23:07 - Aug 17 with 1146 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 22:29 - Aug 17 by jeera

It's not right for someone to have their days ended in such a way.

Violent act by a complete coward.

We don't know much about this but I struggle to comprehend what has happened aside from it potentially involving metal health (from the perpetrator) or something personal from the deceased's past. Horrific whatever the full story.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 07:17 - Aug 18 with 912 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wtf happened in central London on Friday? on 21:55 - Aug 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

They are not at all popular in Scotland:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/protesters-shout-tory-scum-and-accused-of-s

Ah. Those loveable Scottish nationalists*.

They didn’t limit their abuse to Tory members. Apparently the BBC’s Scottish editor is also “scum” and a “traitor”.

Why does the love of one’s country manifest itself as hatred for over half of the people who live there?

*apologies to those who get a little upset when I post about politics in the country that I live in.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 7:25]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024