Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now you're at the top 12:49 - Aug 17 with 7251 viewsPompey1234

You're there to be shot at.
Congrats on a great start.
Long season and other teams are coming to the party.
Regards

A Pompey fan
Now you're at the top on 14:14 - Aug 17 with 991 viewsPompey1234

Now you're at the top on 14:11 - Aug 17 by dominiciawful

Portsmouth fans are proper weird.

Small gene pool down there on that little island.

Isn't this what that other farmyard says about you?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 14:15]
Now you're at the top on 14:17 - Aug 17 with 971 viewsdominiciawful

Now you're at the top on 14:14 - Aug 17 by Pompey1234

Genuine question, why are you here right now on this Ipswich Town forum? It’s not a good look for you.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

hahahahaha :) on 14:17 - Aug 17 with 970 viewsDyland

Now you're at the top on 14:08 - Aug 17 by Pompey1234

Should've come to fratton in 2003. We played some of the best football ever seen at champ level.
And as for league 2, we've won that league as well as all the others.
Not to mention the FA Cup twice.
But you carry on watching 'proper' football. Winning football is what we all crave. If you can buy the best players and play a brand of football then all good but please keep the rest of the sanctimonious bollicks to the down low. You're buying it!
Well done

nfft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Well this one worked ;) (n/t) on 14:18 - Aug 17 with 966 viewsDyland

Now you're at the top on 14:01 - Aug 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am glad you can celebrate being back up in League 1 and competing in mid-table.

Yes, we are embarrassed to be at this level and only really celebrate the possibility of escaping it upwards. Glad you are so happy to cheer your side on in Leagues 1 and 2. I always thought of your club as more suited to the Championship, but if you are all happy good for you.

If by bear pit you mean throwing objects at goalkeepers and flares on the pitch, I am glad Portman Road isn't one. I would rather have a decent ground where teams are beaten by better football. My idea of entertainment never was watching bear baiting.

Now you're at the top on 14:19 - Aug 17 with 968 viewsPompey1234

Now you're at the top on 14:14 - Aug 17 by Pompey1234

Thankyou for the couple of hrs spent here.
1 and 1/2 hrs that I'll never get back of course but then nor will those 'fans'. To the remainder who decided to engage. Cheers have a great rest of your day.
Regards
Now you're at the top on 14:25 - Aug 17 with 952 viewsDyland

Now you're at the top on 14:19 - Aug 17 by Pompey1234

1 and 1/2 hrs that I'll never get back of course but then nor will those 'fans'. To the remainder who decided to engage. Cheers have a great rest of your day.
Regards

xxx :)

Now you're at the top on 14:30 - Aug 17 with 942 viewsclive_baker

Regards

Tells someone they need to get out more as he spends 1.5 hours on another clubs forum.

Absolute scenes.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Now you're at the top on 14:37 - Aug 17 with 917 viewsBlueNomad

Now you're at the top on 14:30 - Aug 17 by clive_baker

Tells someone they need to get out more as he spends 1.5 hours on another clubs forum.

Absolute scenes.

I’ve just read through this thread out of morbid curiosity. This guy is in some sort of childish parallel universe. Weird.
Login to get fewer ads

Now you're at the top on 14:43 - Aug 17 with 900 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Now you're at the top on 14:37 - Aug 17 by BlueNomad

I’ve just read through this thread out of morbid curiosity. This guy is in some sort of childish parallel universe. Weird.

He appears to think that spending a couple of hours on here trying to bait Town fans on a Town fan site is wasting our time rather than his own.

I think it somehow proves in his mind that Portsmouth are achieving more than we are.

Wouldn't you want to spend a couple of hours on West Ham's website arguing with them about how we are gunning for them and they should be worried? You would be wasting all of their time getting them to be on a West Ham fan site!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Now you're at the top on 14:48 - Aug 17 with 886 viewsleitrimblue

Now you're at the top on 14:11 - Aug 17 by dominiciawful

Portsmouth fans are proper weird.

Small gene pool down there on that little island.

Tiny gene pool and an abundance of salty seamen is a dangerous mix
Now you're at the top on 14:59 - Aug 17 with 861 viewspeterleeblue

Ignore.

Pompey used to "enjoy" their "banter" with Sunderland.

Clearly now turning their attention to the next big competitive fish to get a rise out of.
Now you're at the top on 15:12 - Aug 17 with 843 viewsTractorCam

Regards

90 continuous minutes on another team's forum, a team you haven't even just played and are above you in the table.

It's a 3/10 attempt of banter i'm afraid, and i'll keep addressing you as I know you'll see this even though you imply you won't

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Now you're at the top on 15:22 - Aug 17 with 822 viewsKropotkin123

It would be pretty weird if a team turned up and the other team refused to take a shot against them.

"We're can't shoot against them, they're not top of the League" - Noone, ever.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Now you're at the top on 15:24 - Aug 17 with 824 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’d have to ask why Portsmouth fans are so obsessed with us? What actually is the reason? Ok we swapped your best player on a permanent for our 4th choice striker on loan. And ok we kept taking some of your targets last season. And ok we are top of the league and playing better football presumably than Portsmouth could even dream of. But even all that asides… why do you care so much about us? It’s unhealthy.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Now you're at the top on 15:58 - Aug 17 with 742 viewspointofblue

To be honest, if you looked at our recent history you’d realise no Ipswich fan thinks we home and dry by any stretch of the imagination thanks to a decent start.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Now you're at the top on 16:03 - Aug 17 with 739 viewsnodge_blue

Now you're at the top on 13:12 - Aug 17 by Pompey1234

Sorry about predictive text.
Hope that calms the football intelligence here.
It's a real highlight to know that grammar is your 'go to'.
Everyday is a schoolday indeed.
You're right of course, why come and talk football with another set of fans. It's much better to be incestuous about it and stuck on the coast of Suffolk, you probably are.
Now if you refer to the OP, it was posted with no dramas or nastiness, so why the attitude?
Pack mentality at its best and you've got the nerve to teach me?
You really are a legend in your own lifetime!

Ignore it. We normally argue amongst ourselves at the drop of a hat, so another clubs fan is too much for some.

Good luck to you. Always like Danny Cowley. Just don't finish above us.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Now you're at the top on 16:18 - Aug 17 with 710 viewsberkstractorboy

Don't get the animosity towards you. An inoffensive post saying well done but we are all coming after you. Fair enough to me and you post on here regularly as well so not like you are new to forum.

Will be different this time around if we can keep relatively injury free we are equipped to cope much better all round this season. Last night a good example and maybe we were fortunate but hey you take the breaks and good sides know how to win those ugly games. Rotherham great at it last season and look where they are now.

Expect you to be up there as well end of season, need to keep Colby fit. Whats the Pompey gossip about Hirst?
Now you're at the top on 16:22 - Aug 17 with 686 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Now you're at the top on 16:18 - Aug 17 by berkstractorboy

Don't get the animosity towards you. An inoffensive post saying well done but we are all coming after you. Fair enough to me and you post on here regularly as well so not like you are new to forum.

Will be different this time around if we can keep relatively injury free we are equipped to cope much better all round this season. Last night a good example and maybe we were fortunate but hey you take the breaks and good sides know how to win those ugly games. Rotherham great at it last season and look where they are now.

Expect you to be up there as well end of season, need to keep Colby fit. Whats the Pompey gossip about Hirst?

You didn't notice any snipey comments? Fair enough but a lot read that way to me. Still seems a strange obsession but I guess if there isn't a decent forum where they can discuss with other Poempy fans then he can at least interact on here. Is the same poster as PompeyAsh or are there a few of them obsessed with us?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Now you're at the top on 16:27 - Aug 17 with 664 viewsMullet

Enjoy our promotion party, we'll probably put you on a table somewhere near the middle.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Now you're at the top on 16:49 - Aug 17 with 641 viewsberkstractorboy

Now you're at the top on 16:22 - Aug 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

You didn't notice any snipey comments? Fair enough but a lot read that way to me. Still seems a strange obsession but I guess if there isn't a decent forum where they can discuss with other Poempy fans then he can at least interact on here. Is the same poster as PompeyAsh or are there a few of them obsessed with us?

I think the snipey comments started after suggesting it was wierd for a supporter of another club to post on here. I am sure Pompey1234 has said before he has (had) a fondness for Ipswich which is why he sometimes comes on the forum. I think if the replies had taken the OP for what it was then it would not have got snipey. (I haven't read it all I got the jist from page 1 what some of our fans thought)
Now you're at the top on 17:00 - Aug 17 with 603 viewsIpswichRising

Now you're at the top on 13:00 - Aug 17 by Pompey1234

Remind me, when was Portman Rd a bear pit?
🤣🤣
I've only been 3 times and you were outside on all occasions.
Maybe you have to wait to be winners to sing!
I've got it now, no wonder you've been so quite for so long!

Did you mean quiet
Now you're at the top on 17:07 - Aug 17 with 577 viewsPompey1234

Now you're at the top on 16:03 - Aug 17 by nodge_blue

Ignore it. We normally argue amongst ourselves at the drop of a hat, so another clubs fan is too much for some.

Good luck to you. Always like Danny Cowley. Just don't finish above us.

Rather than answer all, I'll cherry pick.
I get what you're saying, every club has its morons. Pompey would know better than most.

Wasn't sure about DC but am now starting to see what he is trying to do
Now you're at the top on 17:09 - Aug 17 with 571 viewsPompey1234

Now you're at the top on 14:25 - Aug 17 by Dyland

xxx :)

That's nice 🤣
Now you're at the top on 17:13 - Aug 17 with 558 viewsPompey1234

Now you're at the top on 16:18 - Aug 17 by berkstractorboy

It's gone quiet about Hirst. I don't think we are expecting to sign him. He hasn't even had a preseason.
I guess a championship club will take him or you offer silly money, that's a possibility.
Now you're at the top on 17:14 - Aug 17 with 554 viewsJ2BLUE

You've done some decent business and been smart with limited funds. It will be interesting to see if you can keep it up.

Three of your goals against Cambridge were very lucky. Not saying you didn't deserve to win because you make your own luck sometimes. If your player didn't shoot the keeper couldn't make an error.

I think it's fair to say you haven't beaten anyone of note yet. Neither have we really. That's not to play down some of the excellent process we have seen and i've delighted with our start.

Have you got the defence for a top 2 challenge and what do you do if Bishop gets injured?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024