Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… 12:56 - Aug 17 with 16345 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 13:15]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 19:12 - Aug 17 with 2447 viewsTrumptonBlue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 18:45 - Aug 17 by FrimleyBlue

a manager wanted to give minutes to a player on a 3 year deal who he'd need to decide if he wanted to keep or move on in the summer.

I do agree I thought we'd have seen simpson. But that's not to say KM was wrong. Simpson should have just been a man about things. Train and fight in pre season. For a spot.

It's interesting he says he didn't moan etc or get greedy yet says he knew his worth... what worth. A rugby player who had 1 good half a season in league 2.

We don't know if what he was offered was even worthy of a rugby player who had one good half season in League 2.

There was similar criticism of Caolan Lavery for rejecting a new deal and getting ahead of himself until we found out some time later that the deal he was offered was £10 a month and an occasional packet of Monster Munch (or similar - can't quite recall the exact details).
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 19:32 - Aug 17 with 2403 viewsTVRBlue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 17:19 - Aug 17 by itfcjoe

It’s not a particularly out there claim to say he should have had minutes at the back end of last season ahead of Joe Pigott who was woefully out of form and claimed an own goal for his only open play league goal last season in 20 odd games

Why should the Club pander to any player employed by them, academy player or seasoned pro, who it is claimed wouldn't even continue dialogue about a new Contract?

Simpson, one assumes advised by his Agent, wouldn't sign a new Contract so why should the Club invest further in him (minutes at the back end of last season) when he doesn't want to be at Ipswich?

Back in January when he was recalled his Agent should have told him: "Your Club, who have invested their time and money in you, want you to sign a new Contract. Get your head down, work hard in training, get some game time (even some appearances off the bench) between now and the end of the season, and see what improved offer they come up with". But he chose not to do that.

The youngster had a good half a season at League 2 level, a great loan move for him to develop as a player in "men's football" rather than Under 18's or 23's. I understand this is done to help nurture the player's "pathway" in men's football - all arranged by ITFC who were likely still paying some of his wages at the time of the loan.

If he is as good as he, and his Agent, thinks he is, then the Club would be bending over backwards to keep him. And who is to say they're not? The only thing is the Club have offered him a Contract they feel is the right one from their point of view and Simpson and his Agent don't agree.

It is a shame there appears to be this unsavoury stand-off between the two parties and the sooner it gets resolved, preferably amicably, the better for all.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 21:08 - Aug 17 with 2266 viewsArnieM

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 13:25 - Aug 17 by ITFCBlues

Maybe the club needs to take a look at this situation? We've allowed Gibbs to walk out for next to nothing, he's excelling now. Simpson there's an issue and then Chirewa isn't signing a deal.

We will massivley regret allowing our top talent to walk away for nominal fees

I suppose perhaps the question should be, why aren’t some of these young players signing new contracts?

But having said that, is this all just being blown out of proportion by young players that aren’t getting what they want?

Town have offered a fair few new, (lengthy) deals to young players this season. They’re happy. But maybe they’ve been prepared to work that but harder for that new deal, and maybe those not being offered a deal haven’t come up to this club’s required standard, of haven’t quite reached it yet, but the player feels they are being overlooked (so refuse to sign a new deal, a contract that is this club’s only way of ensuring they get done payback for the money invested in that players development). We just see the end result (the day they sign on the dotted line) and it’s all smiles, or we hear about “ so snd so won’t sign (because they’re not getting what they feel they should be)… Simpson being the classic example.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 21:14 - Aug 17 with 2253 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 19:32 - Aug 17 by TVRBlue

Why should the Club pander to any player employed by them, academy player or seasoned pro, who it is claimed wouldn't even continue dialogue about a new Contract?

Simpson, one assumes advised by his Agent, wouldn't sign a new Contract so why should the Club invest further in him (minutes at the back end of last season) when he doesn't want to be at Ipswich?

Back in January when he was recalled his Agent should have told him: "Your Club, who have invested their time and money in you, want you to sign a new Contract. Get your head down, work hard in training, get some game time (even some appearances off the bench) between now and the end of the season, and see what improved offer they come up with". But he chose not to do that.

The youngster had a good half a season at League 2 level, a great loan move for him to develop as a player in "men's football" rather than Under 18's or 23's. I understand this is done to help nurture the player's "pathway" in men's football - all arranged by ITFC who were likely still paying some of his wages at the time of the loan.

If he is as good as he, and his Agent, thinks he is, then the Club would be bending over backwards to keep him. And who is to say they're not? The only thing is the Club have offered him a Contract they feel is the right one from their point of view and Simpson and his Agent don't agree.

It is a shame there appears to be this unsavoury stand-off between the two parties and the sooner it gets resolved, preferably amicably, the better for all.

You are correct but, equally, why should a player sign a contract with the club if they are confident they can get a better one/develop as much or more elsewhere? Or, to put it another way, have you always shown complete loyalty to the first employer who took you on as an inexperienced employee? If so, why? If not, why not? Most people, at some point, will move employers for a variety of reasons.

It is getting the right balance of valuing the right players enough. In time, it may prove that our valuation of Gibbs was better advised than nodge's (although if he continues in their first team and they progress up the league, then it won't).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 22:03 - Aug 17 with 2171 viewsTVRBlue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 21:14 - Aug 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

You are correct but, equally, why should a player sign a contract with the club if they are confident they can get a better one/develop as much or more elsewhere? Or, to put it another way, have you always shown complete loyalty to the first employer who took you on as an inexperienced employee? If so, why? If not, why not? Most people, at some point, will move employers for a variety of reasons.

It is getting the right balance of valuing the right players enough. In time, it may prove that our valuation of Gibbs was better advised than nodge's (although if he continues in their first team and they progress up the league, then it won't).

Thanks Nthsuffolkblue.

You are also correct. No, a player shouldn't sign a Contract if they are confident they can get a better one/develop as much or more elsewhere.

I understand ITFC offered Simpson a longer, and hopefully for him a much improved salary wise, Contract. But I'm not aware he had to sign it there and then and further Contract talks could have taken place during the rest of his current Contract which is to the end of this season but with the Club having a one year extension option.

He, and his Agent, decided to come out and say they weren't willing to discuss the Contract situation further ending up in the situation currently. Accordingly, ITFC triggered the Contract extension to protect their investment - normal sound business policy.

ITFC, having invested in him playing development wise and financially (salary), will try and get some kind of proper transfer fee for him. I imagine ITFC have contacted all Clubs informing them Simpson is available for transfer, or perhaps a season long loan. There doesn't appear to be anything happening on that front but the current transfer window has a couple more weeks to go and who knows what transfer dealings may be going on behind the scenes at the moment.

However, with the apparent attitude being shown by Simpson and his Agent I can understand ITFC taking the line with Simpson that they have.

Agree with you re: the Gibbs situation.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 23:08 - Aug 17 with 2077 viewsitfcsuth

Neither side will be satisfied with how this has dragged along.

Club has a valuation on him, Simpson side has a different valuation on what he’s worth.

It’s not a big issue, it happens all the time in football regarding contract negotiations - we take a fee and move on.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 08:02 - Aug 18 with 1907 viewsMattinLondon

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 19:11 - Aug 17 by PhilTWTD

They wanted to keep Gibbs, so not a case of Cook's judgement. Was more that the situation had been allowed to drift. It should have been sorted months beforehand - contract was initially offered in October - and the previous contract ought to have had a year's option included. As previously, it was a matter of a few hundred a week to get him signed.

So Evan’s and his team fault?
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 08:23 - Aug 18 with 1844 viewsitfcjoe

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 22:03 - Aug 17 by TVRBlue

Thanks Nthsuffolkblue.

You are also correct. No, a player shouldn't sign a Contract if they are confident they can get a better one/develop as much or more elsewhere.

I understand ITFC offered Simpson a longer, and hopefully for him a much improved salary wise, Contract. But I'm not aware he had to sign it there and then and further Contract talks could have taken place during the rest of his current Contract which is to the end of this season but with the Club having a one year extension option.

He, and his Agent, decided to come out and say they weren't willing to discuss the Contract situation further ending up in the situation currently. Accordingly, ITFC triggered the Contract extension to protect their investment - normal sound business policy.

ITFC, having invested in him playing development wise and financially (salary), will try and get some kind of proper transfer fee for him. I imagine ITFC have contacted all Clubs informing them Simpson is available for transfer, or perhaps a season long loan. There doesn't appear to be anything happening on that front but the current transfer window has a couple more weeks to go and who knows what transfer dealings may be going on behind the scenes at the moment.

However, with the apparent attitude being shown by Simpson and his Agent I can understand ITFC taking the line with Simpson that they have.

Agree with you re: the Gibbs situation.

They offered him a rubbish contract which he didn’t sign and then he and his agent didn’t come out and say he wouldn’t sign it either

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 08:58 - Aug 18 with 1729 viewsITFCBlues

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 08:02 - Aug 18 by MattinLondon

So Evan’s and his team fault?

How on earth is it Evans fault that Ashton didn't get him signed up?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 09:43 - Aug 18 with 1620 viewstractorboy1978

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 19:32 - Aug 17 by TVRBlue

The reality is nobody at the club expected Simpson to go out to Swindon and have the impact he did. Even Dyer admitted that. If he hadn't succeeded there he would have been released this summer much like Dobra has been. You can't have it both ways as a football club, although clubs like too. If they really saw it as a development loan they would have sorted his contract before sending him out.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 09:58 - Aug 18 with 1597 viewsPhilTWTD

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 08:58 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

Probably a bit of both to some degree. The situation had developed with other clubs before MA came in and certainly should have been sorted long before that. But it clearly wasn't a priority when MA came in and the matter was only spoken about with his people a few days before the contract was up. Maybe it could have been addressed earlier and the player made to feel more welcome but there was an awful lot going on and it was perhaps understandable that an 18-year-old's contract wasn't near the top of the list of matters to be addressed.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 10:04 - Aug 18 with 1579 viewsITFCBlues

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 09:58 - Aug 18 by PhilTWTD

Probably a bit of both to some degree. The situation had developed with other clubs before MA came in and certainly should have been sorted long before that. But it clearly wasn't a priority when MA came in and the matter was only spoken about with his people a few days before the contract was up. Maybe it could have been addressed earlier and the player made to feel more welcome but there was an awful lot going on and it was perhaps understandable that an 18-year-old's contract wasn't near the top of the list of matters to be addressed.

Probably should've been... Will be a costly mistake!

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 10:23 - Aug 18 with 1510 viewsMattinLondon

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 08:58 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

Evans was a disaster and I blame him for nearly all of the ills that have happened during the past twelve years.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 10:25 - Aug 18 with 1501 viewsPhilTWTD

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 10:04 - Aug 18 by ITFCBlues

Probably should've been... Will be a costly mistake!

Think it will prove to be unfortunately and still think Dobra could bite us on the backside as well.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 10:29 - Aug 18 with 1479 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 10:25 - Aug 18 by PhilTWTD

Think it will prove to be unfortunately and still think Dobra could bite us on the backside as well.

That would be a new reason for sending off (not the biting specifically but to do it on the backside).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 10:32 - Aug 18 with 1444 viewsFrimleyBlue

5m move to arsenal still on.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 10:44 - Aug 18 with 1423 viewsPhilTWTD

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 10:29 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

That would be a new reason for sending off (not the biting specifically but to do it on the backside).

I'm sure Suarez has done it at some point.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 11:27 - Aug 18 with 1298 viewsTVRBlue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 08:23 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

They offered him a rubbish contract which he didn’t sign and then he and his agent didn’t come out and say he wouldn’t sign it either

The Club have offered him a Contract they think he's worth and I don't see any issue with that. You may think it's rubbish, the Club obviously don't, and won't be held to ransom by football Agents as stated by Mark Ashton previously.

Simpson and his Agent think he can get a better Contract elsewhere. I don't have any issue with that either. Good luck to them, genuinely.

With reference to the current impasse between the parties I thought it had been reported or stated on here that Simpson wouldn't sign the Contract being offered at that time and was unwilling (or didn't wish to) continue Contract talks. I have no idea how to look or search for that on TWTD. If I got that bit wrong then I stand corrected.

I really do wish Tyreece Simpson all the best in his footballing career. However, it would appear it's unlikely to be at ITFC which is a shame as the boy certainly seems to have a decent level of footballing ability and talent for someone his age.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 11:29 - Aug 18 with 1279 viewschicoazul

So surprising to see Ipswich fans criticising a young black Ipswich players attitude focus and work rate. Can’t believe what we’re seeing!!1!1!1

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 11:40 - Aug 18 with 1255 viewsTVRBlue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 09:43 - Aug 18 by tractorboy1978

The reality is nobody at the club expected Simpson to go out to Swindon and have the impact he did. Even Dyer admitted that. If he hadn't succeeded there he would have been released this summer much like Dobra has been. You can't have it both ways as a football club, although clubs like too. If they really saw it as a development loan they would have sorted his contract before sending him out.

I think you're absolutely right with that take on things.

Unfortunately, I do think the Club wish to have it both ways, and I think any other Club would be the same. If a player on loan elsewhere suddenly started showing an improvement, or a different aspect, to their game the employer would wish to discuss future Contract talks.

One factor is the way Contracts were allowed to run down under the Evans management structure, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, so sorting out his Contract before sending him out on loan was very unlikely to happen regrettably.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 11:42 - Aug 18 with 1233 viewsTVRBlue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 11:29 - Aug 18 by chicoazul

So surprising to see Ipswich fans criticising a young black Ipswich players attitude focus and work rate. Can’t believe what we’re seeing!!1!1!1

Where has the colour of his skin been mentioned?
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 11:43 - Aug 18 with 1225 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 10:23 - Aug 18 by MattinLondon

Evans was a disaster and I blame him for nearly all of the ills that have happened during the past twelve years.

Sorry fat fingers - was supposed to be an upvote.

I’m sure some historical revisionism is already creeping in regarding Evans as some kind of empathetic custodian looking after the club in hard times. Rather than the proximate cause of our relentless slide to mediocrity.

Keeping a club afloat is the BARE MINIMUM an owner should do, not something to be applauded.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 11:58 - Aug 18 with 1165 viewsDavoIPB

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 13:48 - Aug 17 by OsborneOneNil

'We will massively regret allowing our top talent to walk away for nominal fees'

Unless we go up, then go up again in the next few years.

We would if Simpson was our top talent. He isn't though. Thought he has been really poor when seen in a town shirt. Had half a season in lge2 where he did well. Literally everyone of our strikers (apart from Jackson perhaps) is better than Simpson.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 12:30 - Aug 18 with 1104 viewschicoazul

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 11:42 - Aug 18 by TVRBlue

Where has the colour of his skin been mentioned?

I didn’t say it had.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 13:01 - Aug 18 with 1037 viewsITFCBlues

Agree. Strange how we were prepared to just release him rather than loaning him out..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024