Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… 12:56 - Aug 17 with 16400 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 13:15]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:24 - Aug 17 with 1774 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 12:57 - Aug 17 by abracaDOBRA_

Whoever is right or wrong, he doesn’t help himself with his social media antics.

What’s weird, is that he wasn’t @‘d in the original tweet…. So he’s either searched his own name on Twitter to find it, or a friend/agent just so happens to follow the person who sent the original tweet and has suggested he jumps in…
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:24 - Aug 17 with 1773 viewshomer_123

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:13 - Aug 17 by jayessess

It's a shame, because if it is going to be difficult to recruit an upgrade on Ladapo, it'd be excellent to have a younger understudy to him as a Plan B.

Well, I'd be very keen to see youngsters get game time in Cup games but that is even problematic with the current squad size.

I've not seen enough of Simpson to comment on whether he would fir that role of Ladapo but he certainly has some of the physical attributes.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:25 - Aug 17 with 1760 viewsVaughan8

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 13:57 - Aug 17 by HighgateBlue

I think for a young lad, his responses are hardly antics. I think he's just giving his view, and he's managing not to lose his temper.

His performances on the pitch for Swindon were excellent, and showed that he is just the sort of striker that will fit our system. In contrast, the performance of our academy coupled with player handling over the last 5 years has not been excellent.

Last night was an excellent performance, but I'd love to know what would have happened if Simpson had been on the end of the golden chance that Ladapo had. It seems we will never find out.

We used to produce players to have them in the first team. Now we produce players to have standoffs with them before they leave and prove they were pretty good all along. At least Downes was allowed a run in the team. The end of last season when we knew we weren't going up - Simpson should have played. If we weren't gonna play him then, there's literally no point in keeping him.

I am missing something but surely he didn't play because of all this disagreement over a contract. Hardly great putting in a player who is at odds with the club!

Without figures we don't know what really is going on. Is Simpson being unreasonable. Are the club paying him sod all? We don't know.

One good half season doesn't mean you're instantly brilliant and should be demanding the big bucks (if that is what he is doing!)
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:25 - Aug 17 with 1755 viewshomer_123

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:16 - Aug 17 by tractorboy1978

Liam Gibbs started for Norwich last night and has come off the bench in two of their other league games this season. I honestly don't think he'd be in that position here a league lower. Unless we consciously make an effort, it's difficult to see young players being integrated here.

Right now, def the case. Is that right or wrong - based on our start it's hard to see how or why they would?

It's a long season but a critical one for KM, the signing of Keogh is telling in that he and the team identified the need for an experienced head, for example.

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:28 - Aug 17 with 1731 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:24 - Aug 17 by homer_123

Well, I'd be very keen to see youngsters get game time in Cup games but that is even problematic with the current squad size.

I've not seen enough of Simpson to comment on whether he would fir that role of Ladapo but he certainly has some of the physical attributes.

Unfortunately, whatever the reason, he doesn't appear to be able to have a chance. It is a shame because I thought his spell at Swindon might have been the springboard to him performing well for us rather like it was for Wolfenden.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:29 - Aug 17 with 1725 viewsDyland

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:16 - Aug 17 by tractorboy1978

Liam Gibbs started for Norwich last night and has come off the bench in two of their other league games this season. I honestly don't think he'd be in that position here a league lower. Unless we consciously make an effort, it's difficult to see young players being integrated here.

"Liam Gibbs started for Norwich last night"

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:33 - Aug 17 with 1682 viewshomer_123

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:28 - Aug 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Unfortunately, whatever the reason, he doesn't appear to be able to have a chance. It is a shame because I thought his spell at Swindon might have been the springboard to him performing well for us rather like it was for Wolfenden.

Yep, it would appear that the relationship between the Club and Simpson has properly detoriated.

KM, whenever he has been asked, has been quick to say that it's a Club matter - so we've no idea how he sees him as a player. Though, I guess if KM really saw a player he could develop and utilise - he would be pushing the Club and Simpson to sort out their differences?

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:35 - Aug 17 with 1666 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:10 - Aug 17 by itfcjoe

But why should he sign a contract that’s not of a status that he believes is acceptable - when you look at your peers and it’s not in same ball park and they aren’t getting opportunities either then all he’s doing is tying himself to a bad deal for longer

That’s fair comment, but you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to see the way this was going to play out, namely that the Club would take up the option and look to cash in and that he would not be involved in the mean time. The bottom line is that the window closes in a few days time and he’s still here. If nothing changes, he’s going to rot for the next 9 months, which can’t be good for him.

Signing a “bad” deal would have at least allow him to play football and put himself in the shop window to earn a better deal either here or elsewhere. There is still time for him to go out on loan. The club has shown that it will offer improved contracts where they have been earnt (ie Burns

Poll: Our final position

Login to get fewer ads

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:38 - Aug 17 with 1617 viewsHighgateBlue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:25 - Aug 17 by Vaughan8

I am missing something but surely he didn't play because of all this disagreement over a contract. Hardly great putting in a player who is at odds with the club!

Without figures we don't know what really is going on. Is Simpson being unreasonable. Are the club paying him sod all? We don't know.

One good half season doesn't mean you're instantly brilliant and should be demanding the big bucks (if that is what he is doing!)

You're right that we don't know the detail, and I'm not saying that Simpson is right and the club are 100% wrong.

But what we do know is that Simpson was playing well and enjoying his football at Swindon, and it was ITFC who pulled him back here only to have him sit far away from the first team squad. I think that's poor decision-making in relation to an asset, and an even poorer one in relation to a human. If this was the first case, then fair enough, but I don't think our record over the last few years of bringing academy players through is at all great.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:39 - Aug 17 with 1638 viewsPhilTWTD

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:35 - Aug 17 by southnorfolkblue

That’s fair comment, but you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to see the way this was going to play out, namely that the Club would take up the option and look to cash in and that he would not be involved in the mean time. The bottom line is that the window closes in a few days time and he’s still here. If nothing changes, he’s going to rot for the next 9 months, which can’t be good for him.

Signing a “bad” deal would have at least allow him to play football and put himself in the shop window to earn a better deal either here or elsewhere. There is still time for him to go out on loan. The club has shown that it will offer improved contracts where they have been earnt (ie Burns

He'll be gone to Huddersfield, think that will get done. Don't really blame him for trying to argue his case on Twitter as I don't think he's done too much wrong.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:43 - Aug 17 with 1575 viewstractorboy1978

Of course the flip side to that is we could have integrated him at the back end of last season, shown him a pathway and given him a chance to prove himself. He then might have been more inclined to sign a new deal or he'd have been in the shop window which helps our negotiating position. The idea him 'rotting' does us any good in maximising his value when we sell him is patently silly.

There's a couple of Championship clubs that want him that will likely sit tight now and just wait for him to available for compensation next summer or will have a strong hand to force us to sell him later in the window/Jan.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 14:43]
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:43 - Aug 17 with 1570 viewsHighgateBlue

He's still under contract in August. Why couldn't he play in April? He wasn't refusing to. Are contracts like passports, and you have to have more than a year left on them in order to set foot on a pitch?
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:44 - Aug 17 with 1553 viewsDyland

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:39 - Aug 17 by PhilTWTD

He'll be gone to Huddersfield, think that will get done. Don't really blame him for trying to argue his case on Twitter as I don't think he's done too much wrong.

Plus, his responses are calm and not narky at all.

Shame club can't sort sh1t out but if we get a fee and some add-ons, hey ho. More annoyed about Gibbs tbh.

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:46 - Aug 17 with 1521 viewsHighgateBlue

Do you have a sense of the ballpark that the fee would be in?

(not much as if he'd stuck a few in for us at the back end of last season, I'd wager...)
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:48 - Aug 17 with 1491 viewstractorboy1978

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:25 - Aug 17 by homer_123

Right now, def the case. Is that right or wrong - based on our start it's hard to see how or why they would?

It's a long season but a critical one for KM, the signing of Keogh is telling in that he and the team identified the need for an experienced head, for example.

I wouldn't be banging the drum for them starting but it'll be a massive disappointment for me if Humphreys in particular doesn't see much involvement off the bench this season.

Harper and Burgess seem the two most obvious blockers to me. A poor player and a very average player who we signed for too much money and are being paid too much money to move elsewhere in all likelihood. Pigott was another but we've managed to shift him.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:50 - Aug 17 with 1465 viewschicoazul

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:44 - Aug 17 by Dyland

Plus, his responses are calm and not narky at all.

Shame club can't sort sh1t out but if we get a fee and some add-ons, hey ho. More annoyed about Gibbs tbh.

Feel like Gibbs was the last blast from the Evans past.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:52 - Aug 17 with 1462 viewsKieran_Knows

I presume that will be for their B squad.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:52 - Aug 17 with 1459 viewsStenvict

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:21 - Aug 17 by Illinoisblue

Anyone know who that George Huggins is? Frequently posts completely irrelevant stuff on the ITFC USA fb page.

He's an annoying teenager that constantly spams ITFC FB pages with news stories that most people are already aware of.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:52 - Aug 17 with 1457 viewsDyland

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:50 - Aug 17 by chicoazul

Feel like Gibbs was the last blast from the Evans past.

Not so sure... feels there's a disconnect innit... 'pathways' or lack of them, and all that. We shall see.

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:57 - Aug 17 with 1427 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:46 - Aug 17 by HighgateBlue

Do you have a sense of the ballpark that the fee would be in?

(not much as if he'd stuck a few in for us at the back end of last season, I'd wager...)

I’d be amazed if it’s anything over about £400k
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:57 - Aug 17 with 1426 viewshomer_123

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:48 - Aug 17 by tractorboy1978

I wouldn't be banging the drum for them starting but it'll be a massive disappointment for me if Humphreys in particular doesn't see much involvement off the bench this season.

Harper and Burgess seem the two most obvious blockers to me. A poor player and a very average player who we signed for too much money and are being paid too much money to move elsewhere in all likelihood. Pigott was another but we've managed to shift him.

Keogh signing certainly seems like Burgess will be down the pecking order and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

Harper - yep, I really liked him early doors - thought he looked useful but....hasn't pushed on though in fairness.

Currently, this is a ridiculous L1 squad to be honest. Edwards, KVY, Harper, Burgess, Penney, Jackson, Aluko, Hldaky and we've got Ball to come in....I mean, if you are youngster - it must be a bit disheartening to see that lot in front of you.

The flip side is KM has a job to do and right now, we've had a cracking start to the season and like all managers, the pressure on him to get us up this year must be immense, so integrating younger players is almost impossible when you factor in the squad size.

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:57 - Aug 17 with 1422 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:43 - Aug 17 by tractorboy1978

Of course the flip side to that is we could have integrated him at the back end of last season, shown him a pathway and given him a chance to prove himself. He then might have been more inclined to sign a new deal or he'd have been in the shop window which helps our negotiating position. The idea him 'rotting' does us any good in maximising his value when we sell him is patently silly.

There's a couple of Championship clubs that want him that will likely sit tight now and just wait for him to available for compensation next summer or will have a strong hand to force us to sell him later in the window/Jan.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 14:43]

I don’t disagree with you, but Ashton has made it pretty clear that he wasn’t going to be held to ransom. I didn’t say that him rotting was a good idea, but if he’s not even playing for the 23s that’s what is going to happen if something isn’t sorted. My point is that if he is still here after the end of the window, he has to decide whether in the longer term he’s better off doing nothing for the rest of this season.

If he’s off to the Championship as Phil suggests then fair play to him.

Poll: Our final position

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 15:01 - Aug 17 with 1406 viewshomer_123

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:52 - Aug 17 by Dyland

Not so sure... feels there's a disconnect innit... 'pathways' or lack of them, and all that. We shall see.

Or a case of short-termism/ reality of football these days.

As a fan, I am desperate to see us back in the Championship or higher. Given the progress we have made under KM and how we have started the season - would I trade the current situation with integrating one or two youngsters.....probably not if I am honest.

I'd love to see the youngsters play and that is, generally, what cup games are for (IMO) but we have such a good/ large squad that even that isn't possible at the moment.

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 15:05 - Aug 17 with 1362 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lol what a pleb. More to football than scoring. Look at ladapo. Not scoring but you wouldn't want simpson over ladapo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 15:06 - Aug 17 with 1361 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Unfortunately with these situations it becomes about a show of strength and perception.

The club can't be perceived to be showing weakness to accomodate a player who appears to be making demands it does not want to meet.

So it inevitably has to show strength by freezing them out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep him on ice until the next window then sell. So it looks like they don't f around when someone gets ideas above their station.

(I am btw, not claiming he is getting ideas above his station, but sadly that is the general perception, hence the club's intransient stance).

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024