Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… 12:56 - Aug 17 with 16387 viewsSitfcB

[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 13:15]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 15:12 - Aug 17 with 1760 viewsGarv

Strange that we didn't offer him at least a bit of game time last season, even if it was just to make it look like there was a pathway (in reality there isn't by the sounds of it, which isn't necessarily a bad thing - we don't get extra points for having more academy players in the squad), in the hope he signed a deal off the back of it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 15:21 - Aug 17 with 1730 viewstractorboy1978

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:57 - Aug 17 by homer_123

Keogh signing certainly seems like Burgess will be down the pecking order and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

Harper - yep, I really liked him early doors - thought he looked useful but....hasn't pushed on though in fairness.

Currently, this is a ridiculous L1 squad to be honest. Edwards, KVY, Harper, Burgess, Penney, Jackson, Aluko, Hldaky and we've got Ball to come in....I mean, if you are youngster - it must be a bit disheartening to see that lot in front of you.

The flip side is KM has a job to do and right now, we've had a cracking start to the season and like all managers, the pressure on him to get us up this year must be immense, so integrating younger players is almost impossible when you factor in the squad size.

It is a big squad although you could arguably lose 5/6 of the 9 you've listed in your 3rd paragraph and we wouldn't really be any weaker with the likes of El Miz, Ndaba, Humphreys replacing them. Edwards is the one there that I'd really love to see kick on and start playing with the sort of confidence we saw early days from him.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 15:23 - Aug 17 with 1736 viewsPhilTWTD

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:52 - Aug 17 by Kieran_Knows

I presume that will be for their B squad.

That I don't know, probably mainly in the B squad, on the bench for the first team from the off I would guess.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 15:23 - Aug 17 with 1721 viewsPhilTWTD

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 13:32 - Aug 17 by Kieran_Knows

I heard this all started because Luton made an offer for him in January, and he was (and you can't blame him), keen to talk to them.

I'm not sure that the offer is true but I know they were very keen.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 15:24 - Aug 17 with 1723 viewsPhilTWTD

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:57 - Aug 17 by Matt_Netherlands

I’d be amazed if it’s anything over about £400k

We were asking £600,000 which was putting clubs off so probably somewhere around £500,000 I would imagine.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 15:46 - Aug 17 with 1621 viewsITFCBlues

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:44 - Aug 17 by Dyland

Plus, his responses are calm and not narky at all.

Shame club can't sort sh1t out but if we get a fee and some add-ons, hey ho. More annoyed about Gibbs tbh.

Who's to say that Simpson doesn't go the same way?

Gibbs was a shambles by all accounts. Think Phil said he didn't want that big of an increase to what we'd offered him and yet he's walked off for a few hundred K and has been Norwichs best player and will no doubt be sold for big money.

For all the good Ashtons done, that's really really poor.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:05 - Aug 17 with 1562 viewsKieran_Knows

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 15:23 - Aug 17 by PhilTWTD

That I don't know, probably mainly in the B squad, on the bench for the first team from the off I would guess.

To be fair, they signed 3/4 players for their B team last summer, all who went on to play major roles in their play-off push, so I suspect it would be similar to that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:17 - Aug 17 with 1507 viewsParky

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 13:27 - Aug 17 by Kieran_Knows

All sides come out of this badly, but quite clearly the club aren't going to change their stance, and from Simpsons point of view, your seeing us being linked with Hirst at £2m+, John-Jules and Ladapo have been signed and Jackson signed a new deal. Hardly a pathway for him is it?

Chirewa will be the next one to not sign a contract.
Login to get fewer ads

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:19 - Aug 17 with 1490 viewsibbleobble

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 12:57 - Aug 17 by abracaDOBRA_

Whoever is right or wrong, he doesn’t help himself with his social media antics.

Smacks of immaturity. The reason players are playing above him even if not scoring are playing because they’re better players. It’s not attacker roulette where we just try someone out. So many young pros like this.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:22 - Aug 17 with 1479 viewsjayessess

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:19 - Aug 17 by ibbleobble

Smacks of immaturity. The reason players are playing above him even if not scoring are playing because they’re better players. It’s not attacker roulette where we just try someone out. So many young pros like this.

Convincing often immature young men that Ipswich Town is the best option for their future is part of the skill of running a football club well.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:23 - Aug 17 with 1465 viewsstrikalite

Can't open it now, has it been deleted?
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:26 - Aug 17 with 1457 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:19 - Aug 17 by ibbleobble

It is ultimately about them doing what is best for them (and a lot is down to the advice they are getting which may be good or bad advice). Players run contracts down and move clubs all the time. Sometimes we benefit from it, sometimes we lose out. I am sure there are a few who have left here who have not gone on to anything better too (but will have made a lot more money in the meantime). Wasn't one of them at MK Dons last season?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:28 - Aug 17 with 1451 viewsIllinoisblue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 14:52 - Aug 17 by Stenvict

He's an annoying teenager that constantly spams ITFC FB pages with news stories that most people are already aware of.

Yep, that’s exactly what he does on our page. Seems a bit excitable rather than menacing. Either way I wish he would stop.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:35 - Aug 17 with 1430 viewsMattinLondon

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 15:46 - Aug 17 by ITFCBlues

Who's to say that Simpson doesn't go the same way?

Gibbs was a shambles by all accounts. Think Phil said he didn't want that big of an increase to what we'd offered him and yet he's walked off for a few hundred K and has been Norwichs best player and will no doubt be sold for big money.

For all the good Ashtons done, that's really really poor.

I think you could well be being a tad unfair on Ashton. Think the Gibbs situation was a result of the club going through a lot of change and Ashton relaying on Cook’s judgement.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:52 - Aug 17 with 1377 viewsibbleobble

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:26 - Aug 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is ultimately about them doing what is best for them (and a lot is down to the advice they are getting which may be good or bad advice). Players run contracts down and move clubs all the time. Sometimes we benefit from it, sometimes we lose out. I am sure there are a few who have left here who have not gone on to anything better too (but will have made a lot more money in the meantime). Wasn't one of them at MK Dons last season?

I’d argue that far too much young talent has left too prematurely over the years and their careers haven’t hit he heights promised partly as a result of that. We’ve made good money and as have they but I’m convinced a few more years here trying to establish themselves or breakthrough would have stood them in better stead.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:56 - Aug 17 with 1361 viewsibbleobble

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:22 - Aug 17 by jayessess

Convincing often immature young men that Ipswich Town is the best option for their future is part of the skill of running a football club well.

No doubt. There’s also a player welfare or support element missing here as taking to Twitter to insinuate you deserve a shot over seasoned pros just because needs looking at. It’s done nobody any good. Hopefully this wasn’t advised by an agent.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:59 - Aug 17 with 1355 viewsSitfcB

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:23 - Aug 17 by strikalite

Can't open it now, has it been deleted?

Yes he’s deleted all the tweets, quelle surprise.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 17:07 - Aug 17 with 1291 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Those fans have let themselves down. I'm not happy with the Simpson situation but agents know all the tricks to best line their pockets. I just wish we could have got him to see sense, I'm certain he would have had a chance before the end of last season if he had signed. Maybe even occupy that fourth striker spot right now. Not saying he would have been up to the standard required, but an exciting opportunity squandered. Wish him well but disappointed.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 17:08]

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 17:19 - Aug 17 with 1249 viewsitfcjoe

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:56 - Aug 17 by ibbleobble

No doubt. There’s also a player welfare or support element missing here as taking to Twitter to insinuate you deserve a shot over seasoned pros just because needs looking at. It’s done nobody any good. Hopefully this wasn’t advised by an agent.

It’s not a particularly out there claim to say he should have had minutes at the back end of last season ahead of Joe Pigott who was woefully out of form and claimed an own goal for his only open play league goal last season in 20 odd games

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 17:45 - Aug 17 with 1180 viewstivo

The eejits more interested in the latest Balenciaga release than playing.
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 18:07 - Aug 17 with 1158 viewspointofblue

More often than not, fans are going to be protective of the club over individual players who, for the most part, are supported until they start trying to do the best for them. Also see comments made about Celina. Unfortunately, for the most part, I don't think fighting back is the best thing to do in this scenario as he's opened himself up to a backlash on the grounds that, had he signed the contract, he probably would have been given the game time he's complaining about.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 18:39 - Aug 17 with 1113 viewsPioneerBlue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 17:19 - Aug 17 by itfcjoe

It’s not a particularly out there claim to say he should have had minutes at the back end of last season ahead of Joe Pigott who was woefully out of form and claimed an own goal for his only open play league goal last season in 20 odd games

Hadn’t he layed his bed by asking for a transfer by the time it was being suggested to let him play, if so which player of no repute would you play when they have asked for a transfer?!

If he hadn’t gone down that route perhaps a game would have opened up for him, almost certainly would have. I would have supported that.

I think he’s suffered by the timing of his contract being up next year and GC20 raising the bar for youth players and wanting players committed to the cause.

If a team like Huddersfield is seeing him as good enough they should be willing to pay the fee, likewise Hirst, if no one is willing to pay the £2m? they are asking for then he stays with Leicester until they drop their price or loan out. They have an advantage in their financial ability to take punts on more young players,

I guess the coming days will play this out.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 18:45 - Aug 17 with 1100 viewsFrimleyBlue

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 17:19 - Aug 17 by itfcjoe

a manager wanted to give minutes to a player on a 3 year deal who he'd need to decide if he wanted to keep or move on in the summer.

I do agree I thought we'd have seen simpson. But that's not to say KM was wrong. Simpson should have just been a man about things. Train and fight in pre season. For a spot.

It's interesting he says he didn't moan etc or get greedy yet says he knew his worth... what worth. A rugby player who had 1 good half a season in league 2.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 19:03 - Aug 17 with 1068 viewsbackwaywhen

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 13:10 - Aug 17 by cressi

Hopefully this will be resolved by the end of the month.

This type of situation pops up all over the football league no doubt , he is entitled to have his say , and some is probably over reaction regarding some issues ….. nevertheless a tad concerning that it’s not been resolved and made clear by the club .
The situation with Gibbs was made clear and put to bed straight away …….. by the way he played last night against Huddersfield and both management and fans are raving about him ! Shame as I think he will be a future star in the game .
Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 19:11 - Aug 17 with 1928 viewsPhilTWTD

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… on 16:35 - Aug 17 by MattinLondon

I think you could well be being a tad unfair on Ashton. Think the Gibbs situation was a result of the club going through a lot of change and Ashton relaying on Cook’s judgement.

They wanted to keep Gibbs, so not a case of Cook's judgement. Was more that the situation had been allowed to drift. It should have been sorted months beforehand - contract was initially offered in October - and the previous contract ought to have had a year's option included. As previously, it was a matter of a few hundred a week to get him signed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024