Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment 13:44 - Aug 17 with 1485 viewshype313

Every road either has temporary lights, roads being dug up and diversions.

Absolute ball ache.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 13:45 - Aug 17 with 1467 viewsITFC_Forever

We live near the town centre and I am sure our road has had roadworks on it more than it hasn't so far this year.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 13:47 - Aug 17 with 1444 viewsgainsboroughblue

Noticed Crown Street was closed off yesterday. Bet that was fun in the afternoon.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 13:47 - Aug 17 with 1450 viewshype313

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 13:45 - Aug 17 by ITFC_Forever

We live near the town centre and I am sure our road has had roadworks on it more than it hasn't so far this year.

Just dropped the wife off in town, 3 way lights on Sidegate lane, Tuddenham road is closed, lights at the bottom of Westerfield road, also can't turn right there, up Woodbridge road another set before the old test centre, and then temporary lights at the top.

Outstanding work.

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 16:18 - Aug 17 with 1286 viewsOldsmoker

Similar happened in Bristol last week.
Roadworks on the Monday but gone by Tuesday.
When I drove up the road I couldn't believe my eyes.
They have actually filled in the potholes.
I know none of you will believe me but it really is true.
I wouldn't make such an outrageous claim if it wasn't true 'cos I don't want to get a reputation as a bullsh*tter.
Hand on heart. hope to die and all that - it really happened!!!

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 16:24 - Aug 17 with 1270 viewsitfcjoe

Took me 45 mins to get from Wherstead turn off to Novotel on Friday as part of a 3.5 hour journey from Bishops Stortford to home

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 16:30 - Aug 17 with 1242 viewsITFC_Forever

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 16:24 - Aug 17 by itfcjoe

Took me 45 mins to get from Wherstead turn off to Novotel on Friday as part of a 3.5 hour journey from Bishops Stortford to home

That was because of the earlier A14 closure at between Wherstead and the Orwell Bridge due to a road-side fire, so as a result everyone diverted through town.

I got to within a couple of hundred yards of my house and then stopped for 20 minutes.

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 16:35 - Aug 17 with 1213 viewsFunge

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 13:47 - Aug 17 by hype313

Just dropped the wife off in town, 3 way lights on Sidegate lane, Tuddenham road is closed, lights at the bottom of Westerfield road, also can't turn right there, up Woodbridge road another set before the old test centre, and then temporary lights at the top.

Outstanding work.

Was coming up Tuddenham Rd yesterday after going full Wacky Races around the park (your comments above refer); some poor old boy in an Ipswich Bus was giving it the full Italian gesticulations, trying to reverse....

If Ipswich Buses are struggling, what chance the rest of us...?
So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 16:47 - Aug 17 with 1191 viewsitfcjoe

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 16:30 - Aug 17 by ITFC_Forever

That was because of the earlier A14 closure at between Wherstead and the Orwell Bridge due to a road-side fire, so as a result everyone diverted through town.

I got to within a couple of hundred yards of my house and then stopped for 20 minutes.

But even when the bridge was open they still blocked the slip road off so you had to go through town

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 16:54 - Aug 17 with 1166 viewsMullet

I came in to Ipswich from the A14 on Saturday and it seemed relatively fine in terms of lights, just matchday busy. Coming back out from Crown St. towards the A14/retail park/Whitton Utds ground (which looked completely parched btw) there was a double roundabout which was absolutely lethal.

Think it was by the Inkerman, but this woman in a Qashqai did a double lap of both with optional indicating and not much looking then people just seemed to go. Is that an accident hotspot?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 17:03 - Aug 17 with 1136 viewsITFC_Forever

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 16:54 - Aug 17 by Mullet

I came in to Ipswich from the A14 on Saturday and it seemed relatively fine in terms of lights, just matchday busy. Coming back out from Crown St. towards the A14/retail park/Whitton Utds ground (which looked completely parched btw) there was a double roundabout which was absolutely lethal.

Think it was by the Inkerman, but this woman in a Qashqai did a double lap of both with optional indicating and not much looking then people just seemed to go. Is that an accident hotspot?

The Norwich Road double roundabout..... the acid test for all learner drivers.

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 17:04 - Aug 17 with 1130 viewsgainsboroughblue

It definitely has the potential to be but I haven't heard much happen.

It's not as bad as the Hythe/Greenstead roundabouts in Colchester if you want a regional comparison.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 18:24 - Aug 17 with 1018 viewsDeano69

20 minutes to travel half a mile on the Main Road Kesgrave/Martlesham. 2 Lanes of 3 on a roundabout approach coned off to avoid a one foot square repair of something.

Cant ever recall seeing so many roadworks/diversions/traffic management. Not seeing a single pot hole attended to though.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 20:30 - Aug 17 with 908 viewsMullet

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 17:04 - Aug 17 by gainsboroughblue

It definitely has the potential to be but I haven't heard much happen.

It's not as bad as the Hythe/Greenstead roundabouts in Colchester if you want a regional comparison.

Makes sense, I suspect most people are aware and look etc. but I did shake my head as I went over it and chuckle to myself.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 20:46 - Aug 17 with 871 viewshype313

Remarkably it's not, it actually works well, but you can see the learners freak out as they approach it.

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 21:01 - Aug 17 with 822 viewsLord_Lucan

So, Ipswich is pretty much undrivable at the moment on 20:46 - Aug 17 by hype313

Remarkably it's not, it actually works well, but you can see the learners freak out as they approach it.

I usually just go over the middle.

Actually, you are correct, it works very well. Almost as well as the roundabout that was at Willis Faber which was replaced by traffic lights and now doesn't work at all.

By the sound of your Mrs Hype journey you live in my neck of the woods.

Well done Hype

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024