Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy 13:55 - Aug 17 with 1823 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11117805/Shake-road-laws-bike-riders-fo

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 16:05 - Aug 17 with 492 viewsEwan_Oozami

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 14:14 - Aug 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

I can just see how our police are going to spend time and energy enforcing this. Will the registrations be needed if you stick to pavements, cycle paths and off road?

I wonder if this Government will have a sliding scale of taxation depending on age/size of frame or will children all pay the full rate? Insurance companies will be rubbing their hands drawing up policies and the extra profits they can make.

Ultimately, the main effect will be removing many people from taking up cycling so that they use their cars instead - even more benefit for fuel companies and contributions to climate change. It is almost like the Government is run for businesses with no regard to citizens or the environment at all.

Love to see the specs for the ANPR system required to manage this.....maybe I should set up a shell company, bung the Tories a couple of quid and get the resulting multi-billion pound contract - who's with me?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 16:07 - Aug 17 with 495 viewsLeoMuff

You would think they have bigger things to worry about than literally a handful of serious incidents a year, it’s just yet more playing to the Mail readers.

However it seems like yet another plan where even the basics aren’t thought out, most people own more than one bike so will it cover the bike or the person ? How would the rider tell what there speed is ? What age will this apply? To my six year old ?

Never going to happen, and if it does I will of course be fully entitled to ride in the middle of the lane as cyclists will have parity with all road users

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 16:09 - Aug 17 with 490 viewsfactual_blue

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 15:53 - Aug 17 by giant_stow

what did you do before the wheel came about?

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 16:11 - Aug 17 with 483 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 16:05 - Aug 17 by Ewan_Oozami

Love to see the specs for the ANPR system required to manage this.....maybe I should set up a shell company, bung the Tories a couple of quid and get the resulting multi-billion pound contract - who's with me?

I think the company getting the contract would already be known. They won't need to be able to set up a system either. The ferry company didn't need any ferries. You fall into their trap if you think you could take one of their bungs. They are reserved for family and large Tory party donors.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 16:26 - Aug 17 with 433 viewsEdmundo

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 14:46 - Aug 17 by Basuco

But that would require more police officers, the current policy is to reduce police numbers to cut costs, it is very rare to see a policeman who is not in a car these days and many towns and villages have had police stations closed resulting in a much reduced police presence. Who would have thought that reducing police numbers would result in rising crime? Bit complicated for Daily Mail readers obviously.

No, crimes are clearly committed by cyclists: they're at the top of the drug dealing tree, after all.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 16:30 - Aug 17 with 427 viewsOldsmoker

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 16:11 - Aug 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think the company getting the contract would already be known. They won't need to be able to set up a system either. The ferry company didn't need any ferries. You fall into their trap if you think you could take one of their bungs. They are reserved for family and large Tory party donors.

A "large Tory party donor" is only about £500,000.
That's a small price to pay for such a bonanza.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 16:34 - Aug 17 with 412 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 16:30 - Aug 17 by Oldsmoker

A "large Tory party donor" is only about £500,000.
That's a small price to pay for such a bonanza.

And the clear link of bribery and corruption is shocking really. Effectively the Conservative Party funds itself from our taxes while it is in Government. It then uses this money to persuade the electorate that they are the best people to remain in power.

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 16:40 - Aug 17 with 407 viewsNthQldITFC

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 15:39 - Aug 17 by factual_blue

This was a far better option

His tool is so big he needs a wheel to support it, and a pair of reins to lift it over obstacles. Kudos to his tailor for stitching the drainpipe third leg into his trousers so seamlessly.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 16:48 - Aug 17 with 393 viewsblueasfook

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 15:36 - Aug 17 by factual_blue

butt dey deelevered bregzit....

Only decent thing Boris's govt did to be fair.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 17:06 - Aug 17 with 380 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He actually uses a quote to rival Dorries, Truss or Patel:

"I think we do have to not turn a blind eye to that and I’m proposing setting up a review to do exactly that."

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/grant-shapps-considering-creating-20mph-010013451.html

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 17:24 - Aug 17 with 377 viewseireblue

Well, what I have learnt from this is that Factzy dislikes cyclist so much he is happy to abandon decency to promote the black shirt supporting Daily Mail and it’s side bar of shame.

Tut, and I say this again with sadness, tut.
A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 18:12 - Aug 17 with 366 viewsfactual_blue

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 17:24 - Aug 17 by eireblue

Well, what I have learnt from this is that Factzy dislikes cyclist so much he is happy to abandon decency to promote the black shirt supporting Daily Mail and it’s side bar of shame.

Tut, and I say this again with sadness, tut.

I am always keen to promote this government's initiatives where those initiatives will contribute to the right outcome at the next election.

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 21:40 - Aug 17 with 348 viewsBlueBadger

A tory-led Cabinet almost twelve years and now their first sensible policy on 16:48 - Aug 17 by blueasfook

Only decent thing Boris's govt did to be fair.

A trolling gambit so weak and obvious even Wallingford wouldn't use it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024