Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had a chat to Stephen Ward last night 16:39 - Aug 17 with 2632 viewshatch

He was at the game with his son who is Burton fan. There was nothing overly juicy so thought it was safe to share his thoughts which can be summarised as:

- loved his year at Ipswich, genuinely a fantastic club to be at
- had a great relationship with Lambert and could really buy into his vision
- sad that he didn’t have any fans attending during his time at Town
- linked to the above this also took away the fear factor of Portman Road to away teams who fancied their chances every time they visited an empty PR
- knows how much impact vociferous fans can genuinely have (can have opposite effect when negative noise) but Town fans do make PR an intimidating place to go
- thinks we were well set for promotion in his season but there were two big issues - no fans and no fit forwards - Norwood was often injured, as was Jackson which meant we had Drinan as our sole striker for some games. If we had a fit striker and stadium of fans he thinks the season would have panned out very differently.
- Cook came in and made it clear that he was looking at a different ‘age profile’ which he was fine with.
- Was well looked after by the club as a player with a family living up in the Midlands.

A nice bloke happy to chat, his best years were sadly behind him when he joined us in an uninspiring season.
Had a chat to Stephen Ward last night on 21:12 - Aug 17 with 1706 viewsArnieM

So sorry , I went to UP arrow on my phone and my bloody finger brushed against the down arrow tab first !!!! Sorry ! You should be having this >>>👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Had a chat to Stephen Ward last night on 22:12 - Aug 17 with 1459 viewssolemio

My first thought was that this was about Stephen Ward, the osteopath at or near the centre of the Profumo affair. I'm glad it wasn't.
Had a chat to Stephen Ward last night on 22:25 - Aug 17 with 1350 views66notout

Nothing against SW but we would still have had Lambert and therefore promotion was never on the agenda.
Had a chat to Stephen Ward last night on 07:10 - Aug 18 with 953 viewsBlueBadger

Did it turn out that Lambert HAD a vision beyond 'con the boss into giving me a new contract'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024