Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McK’s Contract 16:26 - Aug 18 with 1569 viewsMancBlue86

When does it run until? I get a feeling we will need to make an improved longer offer come January.

Poll: Who should be in goal tommorow?

McK’s Contract on 16:27 - Aug 18 with 1529 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why?

Lets see if he can get us promoted before offering out new deals.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

McK’s Contract on 16:27 - Aug 18 with 1531 viewsKieran_Knows

3 and a half year contract signed last December.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

McK’s Contract on 16:29 - Aug 18 with 1513 viewsketton_itfc

Think it was 3.5 + option so potentially 2026. I suspect if we get promotion there will be a 5 year deal on the table.
McK’s Contract on 17:33 - Aug 18 with 1357 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

January contract extensions for a manager.

Brings back memories of Paul Lambert.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

McKennas intelligence, maturity and commitment means I think he will stay… on 17:46 - Aug 18 with 1320 viewsunstableblue

… for a number of seasons, after a number of targets have been achieved and he has developed his managerial skills and experience quite far.

First he’s moved his young family down, to live in a great part of Town, who will no doubt be starting into schools and friendships. That’s really important.

Second I do think he feels an affinity to the club, fans and project.

Thirdly there is real funding for a squad that can challenge the top of the championship and facility improvement.

Finally and most importantly he knows he hasn’t done anything yet, he’s still green and critically he’s yet to be really tested or have a difficult period. Better to learn that here, in the championship with us.

NOT any time soon in a BIG premier league club and the pressure that brings.

If we get promoted this season and we challenge the play-offs next season, there will be offers. But I think he’ll time it right… and he’ll be leaving us from a top Premier League side with a 35k+ crowd and major facilities - a Leicester or above?

Who agrees with my deranged and completely unsubstantiated ramblings?!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

McK’s Contract on 18:27 - Aug 18 with 1230 viewsBigCommon

I was thinking the same... If we get promoted, then Morsy , Walton and KM would be priority new contracts for me
McKennas intelligence, maturity and commitment means I think he will stay… on 20:16 - Aug 18 with 1046 viewsGuthrum

McKennas intelligence, maturity and commitment means I think he will stay… on 17:46 - Aug 18 by unstableblue

… for a number of seasons, after a number of targets have been achieved and he has developed his managerial skills and experience quite far.

First he’s moved his young family down, to live in a great part of Town, who will no doubt be starting into schools and friendships. That’s really important.

Thirdly there is real funding for a squad that can challenge the top of the championship and facility improvement.

Finally and most importantly he knows he hasn’t done anything yet, he’s still green and critically he’s yet to be really tested or have a difficult period. Better to learn that here, in the championship with us.

If we get promoted this season and we challenge the play-offs next season, there will be offers. But I think he’ll time it right… and he’ll be leaving us from a top Premier League side with a 35k+ crowd and major facilities - a Leicester or above?

I don't think anyone really big (top 15 Prem) would come knocking at this stage anyway. It would be one heck of a punt for them to go for someone so raw, with - even in May - just 18 months as Manager under his belt and a single promotion from a lower division*. Doubt the fans of such a club would be on board with that, either, thus opening the owners to much flak.

Not saying McKenna couldn't do the job, just he'd be unlikely to be offered one yet.

* Assuming we are.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

McKennas intelligence, maturity and commitment means I think he will stay… on 20:35 - Aug 18 with 983 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

McKennas intelligence, maturity and commitment means I think he will stay… on 17:46 - Aug 18 by unstableblue

I like to believe this. He's been given an opportunity to shape a club, not just a team. We never really know a public figure but from the way he speaks and from the career path he has taken, it seems likely he's here for the long haul. The sad thing is that the game rarely works that way anymore. Very early days and long roads to travel, but he's got a chance to be a modern day managerial legend for us - we can only hope that's something he's capable of and wants to do.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Login to get fewer ads

McKennas intelligence, maturity and commitment means I think he will stay… on 21:51 - Aug 18 with 794 viewsKropotkin123

"Who agrees with my deranged and completely unsubstantiated ramblings?!"

I just love the "Better to learn that here, in the championship with us" sentence.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024