Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simpson to Huddersfield 19:21 - Aug 20 with 8489 viewsUppaTowen78

Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:23 - Aug 20 with 5703 viewsIllinoisblue

Finally the saga is ending. Hopefully a decent fee

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:26 - Aug 20 with 5661 viewsRozz

Anyone else have to double take that Fabrizio Romano is breaking L1 transfer news to 11m followers?

Anyway, hope we get a decent fee if multiple parties are involved.
Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:30 - Aug 20 with 5595 viewsChurchman

Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:23 - Aug 20 by Illinoisblue

And a decent sell on, should he make the grade.

I get the impression MA is not as easy to mug off as Evans.
Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:32 - Aug 20 with 5537 viewsMullet

Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:26 - Aug 20 by Rozz

Anyone else have to double take that Fabrizio Romano is breaking L1 transfer news to 11m followers?

Anyway, hope we get a decent fee if multiple parties are involved.

Phil said Huddersfield ages ago to be fair.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:38 - Aug 20 with 5430 viewshomer_123

Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:23 - Aug 20 by Illinoisblue

Personal terms to be agreed...

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:42 - Aug 20 with 5387 viewscbower

Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:32 - Aug 20 by Mullet

Yep, give the man the credit he deserves.

bluescouser

Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:42 - Aug 20 with 5389 viewscatch74

Nixon has us in his Sunday stories too, so hopefully some movement - be nice if there’s an incoming too - need someone to score some goals for us.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:50 - Aug 20 with 5272 viewsRozz

Hadn't seen a fee agreed before, but that wasn't the point I was making.

The guy is more used to covering Champions League transfers than Ipswich reserves. I don't anticipate he's sourced this information first hand.
Login to get fewer ads

Simpson to Huddersfield on 20:14 - Aug 20 with 5029 viewsUppaTowen78

Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:42 - Aug 20 by catch74

Nixon has us in his Sunday stories too, so hopefully some movement - be nice if there’s an incoming too - need someone to score some goals for us.

I imagine that news is this!
Simpson to Huddersfield on 20:17 - Aug 20 with 4991 views66notout

Simpson to Huddersfield on 19:42 - Aug 20 by catch74

Impressed how you can see into the future.
Am I the only one that thinks..... on 20:32 - Aug 20 with 4865 viewsBloots

....this is all a bit odd and somewhat disconcerting?

Championship clubs are willing to pay around half a million for a player that we weren't prepared to offer an extra couple of hundred quid a week to.

I appreciate that Ashton is sticking to his principles on this, and now isn't the time to be negative about the club, but on the face of it this stinks a bit.

.....particularly when we appear to be in the market for a striker.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Am I the only one that thinks..... on 20:35 - Aug 20 with 4818 viewsMullet

Am I the only one that thinks..... on 20:32 - Aug 20 by Bloots

Championship clubs are willing to pay around half a million for a player that we weren't prepared to offer an extra couple of hundred quid a week to.

I appreciate that Ashton is sticking to his principles on this, and now isn't the time to be negative about the club, but on the face of it this stinks a bit.

I'd love to see him get minutes here but there is too big of a climbdown from either party isn't there?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Am I the only one that thinks..... on 20:36 - Aug 20 with 4792 viewsChurchman

It only stinks a bit if that’s all there is too it. I doubt that tbh.
Man management is ..... on 20:42 - Aug 20 with 4737 viewsBloots

Am I the only one that thinks..... on 20:35 - Aug 20 by Mullet

I'd love to see him get minutes here but there is too big of a climbdown from either party isn't there?

....just as much a part of Ashton's job as the financial side of it.

I just hope that falling out with players doesn't become a trend.

It's all very well standing up to agents, but if it's to the detriment of the club then even someone with an ego as (obviously) massive as him has to back down sometimes.

It may of course all turn out to be irrelevant, but I've got one of those feelings that I get.

In my water and not my balls.

Innit.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 20:42]

Man management is ..... on 20:53 - Aug 20 with 4606 viewsChurchman

Man management is ..... on 20:42 - Aug 20 by Bloots

....just as much a part of Ashton's job as the financial side of it.

I just hope that falling out with players doesn't become a trend.

It's all very well standing up to agents, but if it's to the detriment of the club then even someone with an ego as (obviously) massive as him has to back down sometimes.

It may of course all turn out to be irrelevant, but I've got one of those feelings that I get.

In my water and not my balls.

Innit.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 20:42]

But then just because an agent and a player think they are worth x both financially and possibly on the pitch, it doesn’t mean to say they are.

If the club has a pay structure and a way it wants to do things, why should it make an exception because a young player and or his agent makes a bit of noise? He scored a few goals in L2 before Christmas. Great, but that doesn’t make him an exception in my view.

I don’t know the player and I doubt anyone on here does. He may be the most likeable, promising player since Messi. He may not be. Man management is about getting the best from a player in line with his mates and producing something greater to the sum of its parts. If a player is not fitting for whatever reason, move him on. What you shouldn’t do is give in to who shouts loudest.

It may not have happened that way at all which is why I think there’s more to this than meets the eye.
Indeed, nobody knows.... on 20:58 - Aug 20 with 4564 viewsBloots

Man management is ..... on 20:53 - Aug 20 by Churchman

But then just because an agent and a player think they are worth x both financially and possibly on the pitch, it doesn’t mean to say they are.

If the club has a pay structure and a way it wants to do things, why should it make an exception because a young player and or his agent makes a bit of noise? He scored a few goals in L2 before Christmas. Great, but that doesn’t make him an exception in my view.

I don’t know the player and I doubt anyone on here does. He may be the most likeable, promising player since Messi. He may not be. Man management is about getting the best from a player in line with his mates and producing something greater to the sum of its parts. If a player is not fitting for whatever reason, move him on. What you shouldn’t do is give in to who shouts loudest.

It may not have happened that way at all which is why I think there’s more to this than meets the eye.

...exactly what has happened, and as I said he may turn out to not be worth any investment.

But, in my opinion (which is worth sod all) if there was a competition around who had the biggest ego out of Simpson and Ashton, I know where my money would be.

Indeed, nobody knows.... on 21:07 - Aug 20 with 4480 viewsChurchman

Indeed, nobody knows.... on 20:58 - Aug 20 by Bloots

...exactly what has happened, and as I said he may turn out to not be worth any investment.

But, in my opinion (which is worth sod all) if there was a competition around who had the biggest ego out of Simpson and Ashton, I know where my money would be.

Ashton has an ego as big as the moon. We know that but there’s no evidence his dealings with Simpson and his agent (if it’s him that’s holding the conversation) have anything to do with that. I know what the Bristol City oddments would say and it may be the case. I am also probably wrong - as usual, but I just don’t get the feeling it’s that.

Clubs are in for him so he’s obviously worth a punt and from a few highlights I can see why. I’ll be interested to see what the full story is should it emerge. All I know is that the saga has dragged on long enough and will hopefully soon be resolved.
Simpson to Huddersfield on 21:07 - Aug 20 with 4482 viewsSwansea_Blue

That’s him finished. I can’t imagine any developing striker who’s failed to nail down a first team place making it at Huddersfield!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Simpson to Huddersfield on 21:55 - Aug 20 with 4126 viewsIllinoisblue

Simpson to Huddersfield on 21:07 - Aug 20 by Swansea_Blue

That’s him finished. I can’t imagine any developing striker who’s failed to nail down a first team place making it at Huddersfield!

A nice flashback to the wise heads who told us we couldn’t have both Rhodes and Wickham in the squad. I mean, why would you want two young goalscorers at the club?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Simpson to Huddersfield on 22:04 - Aug 20 with 4042 viewsPhilTWTD

Indeed. has been all but done for a while, I think. Assume personal terms are well down the line if not already agreed.

Tyreece Simpson is tweeting… by PhilTWTD 17 Aug 2022 14:39
He'll be gone to Huddersfield, think that will get done. Don't really blame him for trying to argue his case on Twitter as I don't think he's done too much wrong.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Simpson to Huddersfield on 22:07 - Aug 20 with 3989 viewsMattinLondon

Simpson to Huddersfield on 21:55 - Aug 20 by Illinoisblue

A nice flashback to the wise heads who told us we couldn’t have both Rhodes and Wickham in the squad. I mean, why would you want two young goalscorers at the club?

The decision to sell Rhodes was odd, the justification in some fans agreeing with the sake (using that argument) was odder. But the replacement we got in for him was even odder.
Am I the only one that thinks..... on 22:17 - Aug 20 with 3829 viewsZapers

How on earth does that warrant a downvote? It’s true, something seems very strange.
Simpson to Huddersfield on 22:39 - Aug 20 with 3702 viewsPioneerBlue

Get this done, sooner the better. Not in the least bit interested in his side of the story or prolonging the story in general. He’s not on board with the programme.

Cut him off asap.

Good luck in his next adventure.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Simpson to Huddersfield on 23:25 - Aug 20 with 3449 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Wonder if we could see a player come the other way too?

Danny Ward? Jordan Rhodes? Duane Holmes?
Simpson to Huddersfield on 00:05 - Aug 21 with 3313 viewsPinewoodblue

Had heard, at least third hand, that it wasn't necessarily salary that was the sticking point. Could it perhaps be that Simpson's agent wanted Town to accept any offer above a figure we thought was too low.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024