Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals 22:29 - Jan 26 with 4365 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Albeit on loan.
Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 22:55 - Jan 26 with 4244 viewsdavblue

Colchester have got 2 central defenders in already, so not going to get a look in.
Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 08:03 - Jan 27 with 3883 viewsSharkey

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 22:55 - Jan 26 by davblue

Colchester have got 2 central defenders in already, so not going to get a look in.

One of them being Connor Hall, who played a lot of games for Bury Town.
Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 08:27 - Jan 27 with 3826 viewsitfcjoe

Can't get past 37 year old Luke Chambers to get a game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 08:30 - Jan 27 with 3827 viewsSharkey

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 08:27 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Can't get past 37 year old Luke Chambers to get a game

Chambers has played every minute of every game he's started this season - 28 in all, and has made no sub appearances. As he goes up and up the all-time appearance charts, he's not taking any short-cuts.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2023 8:32]
Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 08:45 - Jan 27 with 3717 viewsdavblue

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 08:03 - Jan 27 by Sharkey

One of them being Connor Hall, who played a lot of games for Bury Town.

and Port Vale in a promoted team in league 2 and played a number of games in league 1 this season.
Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 08:53 - Jan 27 with 3679 viewsSharkey

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 08:45 - Jan 27 by davblue

and Port Vale in a promoted team in league 2 and played a number of games in league 1 this season.

25 games for Port Vale this season, and a first-choice for all but a month. Colchester have used geography to their advantage on several big signings in this window.
Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 08:57 - Jan 27 with 3649 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 08:30 - Jan 27 by Sharkey

Chambers has played every minute of every game he's started this season - 28 in all, and has made no sub appearances. As he goes up and up the all-time appearance charts, he's not taking any short-cuts.

I'd imagine that's been way for most of his career, I wonder with the couple of defenders signed with his contract up in summer whether this will be his final year - I think he'd like to play at least one more and certainly fit and able enough to do so

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 09:30 - Jan 27 with 3521 viewsSharkey

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 08:57 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

I'd imagine that's been way for most of his career, I wonder with the couple of defenders signed with his contract up in summer whether this will be his final year - I think he'd like to play at least one more and certainly fit and able enough to do so

My guess (and that's all it is) is that if the rest of this season is enjoyable for players and fans, which it shows some signs of being, then both he and Skuse will still be there next season, but not Smith.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 09:37 - Jan 27 with 3483 viewsKieran_Knows

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 08:57 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

I wonder where he and Skuse would go though, as can't see them leaving the area?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 09:43 - Jan 27 with 3440 viewsNthQldITFC

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 09:37 - Jan 27 by Kieran_Knows

I wonder where he and Skuse would go though, as can't see them leaving the area?

Norwich is the next logical progression in the East Anglian footballing pedigree hierarchy, although I doubt Chambo and Skusey would stoop that low. Hang on, I forgot, Southend first.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 09:44 - Jan 27 with 3437 viewsKieran_Knows

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 09:43 - Jan 27 by NthQldITFC

Norwich is the next logical progression in the East Anglian footballing pedigree hierarchy, although I doubt Chambo and Skusey would stoop that low. Hang on, I forgot, Southend first.

Ha! The way Southend are going, they might not have a club soon!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 09:52 - Jan 27 with 3403 viewsSharkey

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 09:44 - Jan 27 by Kieran_Knows

Ha! The way Southend are going, they might not have a club soon!

Southend can't sign players at the moment, i think. This is perhaps a pity for both Sears and Eastman.
Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 09:52 - Jan 27 with 3389 viewsWallingford_Boy

I thought Ipswich was his boyhood club?

RIP Sir Bobby

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 10:12 - Jan 27 with 3302 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 09:37 - Jan 27 by Kieran_Knows

I think it will be Colchester or retire from pro game for them

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 10:13 - Jan 27 with 3299 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 09:30 - Jan 27 by Sharkey

My guess (and that's all it is) is that if the rest of this season is enjoyable for players and fans, which it shows some signs of being, then both he and Skuse will still be there next season, but not Smith.

Smith still of an age where he will want to go and play elsewhere, but he was very unfortunate with that bad injury from nothing really; but feels as though L2 is certainly his level now

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 14:52 - Jan 27 with 2835 viewsJammyDodgerrr

The way he has looked after himself is remarkable, really. Played a huge level of games throughout his career with barely any injuries.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 14:56 - Jan 27 with 2821 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 14:52 - Jan 27 by JammyDodgerrr

The way he has looked after himself is remarkable, really. Played a huge level of games throughout his career with barely any injuries.

Basically played at least 40 league games a season since 2005/06 bar one season at Forest and the covid year - great resilience

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 16:47 - Jan 27 with 2597 viewsmonty_radio

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 09:52 - Jan 27 by Sharkey

Southend can't sign players at the moment, i think. This is perhaps a pity for both Sears and Eastman.

Although at a lower level and younger age than Chambers, Eastman has also clocked up over 400 games in the last decade - no mean professional feat.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2023 16:48]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 17:22 - Jan 27 with 2515 viewsPhilTWTD

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 09:52 - Jan 27 by Wallingford_Boy

I thought Ipswich was his boyhood club?

He's from Clacton, so think he's always been a U's fan, even if he was in the academy here.
Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 18:43 - Jan 27 with 2387 viewsEnigma_Blue

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 14:56 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Basically played at least 40 league games a season since 2005/06 bar one season at Forest and the covid year - great resilience

#legend
Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 19:12 - Jan 27 with 2350 viewsSharkey

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 16:47 - Jan 27 by monty_radio

Although at a lower level and younger age than Chambers, Eastman has also clocked up over 400 games in the last decade - no mean professional feat.

Also legend. I’m not sure he’s finished at Colchester either.
Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 23:32 - Jan 27 with 2095 viewsbournemouthblue

Must be one of their greatest players?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 23:49 - Jan 27 with 2061 viewsmarchy

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 07:28 - Jan 28 with 1764 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 16:47 - Jan 27 by monty_radio

Yep, an incredible achievement to see him in their all time top 10 - but just another example of how brutal football is as an industry to see a club legend pushed out the door.

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 12:56 - Jan 28 with 1461 viewsMillsyVOR

Tom Eastman has left his boyhood club to play for the relegation rivals on 08:30 - Jan 27 by Sharkey

Career total of 850 senior appearances to date… Reasonable!! 😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024