Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Running on empty . 17:19 - Feb 18 with 4401 viewsWickets

Several regulars running on empty and the movement off the ball suffering late on Saturday , very understandable of course but it's going to be interesting to see our starting starting eleven Tuesday .
Running on empty . on 21:10 - Feb 18 with 989 viewsSheffordBlue

Running on empty . on 21:01 - Feb 18 by Nutkins_Return

It won't even out for us against Birmingham who will have had a full weeks rest.

We will have to make some changes vs Rotherham but McKenna will also be very aware that too many would be a big risk and we need 3 points.

I expect Clarke and Luongo to be rested. Hutchinson will also likely drop out for Burns.

Don't think Tuanzebe travelled for the Swansea game. Could be different reasons for that but resting Clarke against Rotherham might not be an option.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Running on empty . on 21:28 - Feb 18 with 949 viewsGlasgowBlue

Running on empty . on 20:08 - Feb 18 by Vic

I really hope not. That would be massive disrespect to a team trying to fight for their lives. Change a couple by all means but not that many.

Not disrespectful. Tuanzebe has come from Manchester United, Travis was Blackburn captain and Burns has started the majority of our games. The only “lesser” player would be Humphreys for Davis. And that would depend on whether KM feels Davis needs a rest with so many games coming up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Running on empty . on 22:54 - Feb 18 with 916 viewsGuthrum

Or just running on a pitch which looked to have some muddy patches in the pouring rain. Keeping their footing can't have been altogether easy. The Swansea players kept falling over, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Running on empty . on 07:44 - Feb 19 with 842 viewsChurchman

Running on empty . on 22:54 - Feb 18 by Guthrum

Or just running on a pitch which looked to have some muddy patches in the pouring rain. Keeping their footing can't have been altogether easy. The Swansea players kept falling over, too.

I gather the Swansea pitch was much heavier than it showed on tv. The players will be fine.it just means they don’t have to train as hard. I’d play the ‘first team’ or as close to it. If we can have a good opening half, then rotate the players out.
Running on empty . on 08:54 - Feb 19 with 809 viewsSwansea_Blue

Swansea had an extra 24 hours recovery and I think it showed. Plus they made a few more changes to the starting lineup compared to us, including Allen in the middle who’s not played a lot of football. And they freshened up the middle early than us with their subs. All things considered, we managed the fatigue side pretty well though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Running on empty . on 08:59 - Feb 19 with 793 viewsBiGDonnie

Running on empty . on 18:54 - Feb 18 by GlasgowBlue

Clarke is still managing his achilles injury so I see him being rested. Personally, I would keep Davis in the starting line up, but he's also playing a lot of football with no Brandon Williams to come in after 75 minutes. This is where we are missing Greg Leigh.

We're most certainly not missing Greg Leigh.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Running on empty . on 09:01 - Feb 19 with 784 viewsDJR

My view is that the changes Swansea made tipped the balance in their favour, and it took a time for us to get a grip with them, but in the end our subs (which took place a little later) made a difference and I thought we ended the game strongly.
[Post edited 19 Feb 9:03]
Running on empty . on 09:26 - Feb 19 with 725 viewstractorboy1978

Running on empty . on 18:46 - Feb 18 by GlasgowBlue

I would imagine that Tunazebe comes in for Clarke, Humphreys for Davis, Travis for Luongo, Burns for Hutchinson and Sarmiento for Broadhead.

Edit. Maybe even Edmundson for Woolfenden if KM thinks Woolfy could do with a rest. But that would be a massive call imo.
[Post edited 18 Feb 18:48]

Burns for Hutchinson the only change I'd make. Lets get the game won and then worry about resting players. We really don't want to end up with egg on our faces or be chasing a goal late into the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Running on empty . on 09:50 - Feb 19 with 682 viewsITFCSG

Running on empty . on 20:04 - Feb 18 by Vic

But few teams play with the intensity that we do, do they.

Well Leeds and Southampton do and I don't see them rotate the squad that much either. Are their regulars much fitter or was it just the conditions on Saturday that made our players look much worse?
Running on empty . on 10:41 - Feb 19 with 630 viewsDJR

Running on empty . on 09:50 - Feb 19 by ITFCSG

Well Leeds and Southampton do and I don't see them rotate the squad that much either. Are their regulars much fitter or was it just the conditions on Saturday that made our players look much worse?

I don't think our players looked much worse on Saturday (we had six shots on target to their 3), although there was a period in the second half when Swansea upped their game, as a home side only one goal down is apt to do. But I felt we finished the game the stronger.
Running on empty . on 10:57 - Feb 19 with 614 viewsGuthrum

Running on empty . on 07:44 - Feb 19 by Churchman

I gather the Swansea pitch was much heavier than it showed on tv. The players will be fine.it just means they don’t have to train as hard. I’d play the ‘first team’ or as close to it. If we can have a good opening half, then rotate the players out.

The weather down there was filthy. You could see the rain hammering on the flat advertising banners alongside the goal. The bit between the front of our stand and the by-line was mostly mud.

At times it seemed like the ball wasn't rolling that well across the ground, it was so sodden.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Running on empty . on 11:00 - Feb 19 with 609 viewsLord_Mac

If it were me, I'd try to ensure the three points on Tuesday, not risk making loads of changes and ending up with another Maidstone!

If they were feeling the pace, only two days between Millwall (A) and Swansea (A), loads of travelling, little time for training, and then playing on a bog in the pouring rain night have something to do with it. Did they travel directly from Millwall to South Wales - might have made sense if so?

At least we are at home on Tuesday night against a weak team on a good pitch. After that it's three days with no travelling, before Birmingham, who it seems (sadly) will be without Mogga - best wishes to him of course, but that could work in our favour.

Blog: 10 Points for the Future?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024