Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do players still get transfer listed? 08:56 - Jun 9 with 1349 viewsnodge_blue

Is it my imagination or does that not seem to happen so much these days?

Ladapo would have to be on the list along with two or three more?

Maybe the club just don’t announce these things now?

What about other PL clubs, are any players denoted as available for transfer?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Do players still get transfer listed? on 09:24 - Jun 9 with 1272 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Good question.

Maybe as clubs are now run as businesses, they don't want to weaken their hand by effectively saying they want a player off the books.
Do players still get transfer listed? on 09:48 - Jun 9 with 1226 viewsMK1

They have a released list these days I think. They cannot be classed as free transfers until their contracts have officially run out. Most will be the 30th of June. I could be well wrong, but that is my understanding of it now. Happy to be corrected of course.
Do players still get transfer listed? on 09:52 - Jun 9 with 1193 viewsRadlett_blue

Do players still get transfer listed? on 09:48 - Jun 9 by MK1

They have a released list these days I think. They cannot be classed as free transfers until their contracts have officially run out. Most will be the 30th of June. I could be well wrong, but that is my understanding of it now. Happy to be corrected of course.

Yes, and the club has a duty to tell the players concerned that they aren't going to be given a new contract by a certain date in May. It's up to the club if they choose to make that public before 30/6, although they would be sensible to discuss that with the player concerned first.
The "transfer list" more refers to players who are under contract & was used as a means of generating interest in players whom they hoped to move on for a fee. I don't think it ever had any official status.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Do players still get transfer listed? on 09:56 - Jun 9 with 1181 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Do players still get transfer listed? on 09:48 - Jun 9 by MK1

I think the OP is a question about players like Ladapo who are still under contract, but clearly available for transfer.

The retained list shows the players who are out of contract and haven't been offered new terms.
Do players still get transfer listed? on 10:03 - Jun 9 with 1151 viewsMK1

Do players still get transfer listed? on 09:56 - Jun 9 by LA_Tractor_Boy

I think the OP is a question about players like Ladapo who are still under contract, but clearly available for transfer.

The retained list shows the players who are out of contract and haven't been offered new terms.

The club would have spoken to Ladapo and his advisors about the situation. His team would then endeavour to find him a club. Talks behind the scenes that we are for obvious reasons not privy to. If both club and player agree that a contract can be ended early, then the play is effectively a free agent. Lots will be happening behind the scenes regarding those leaving and those potentially coming in. Nothing "official" can happen until the window opens on the 14th.
Do players still get transfer listed? on 10:08 - Jun 9 with 1134 viewsRadlett_blue

Do players still get transfer listed? on 10:03 - Jun 9 by MK1

The club would have spoken to Ladapo and his advisors about the situation. His team would then endeavour to find him a club. Talks behind the scenes that we are for obvious reasons not privy to. If both club and player agree that a contract can be ended early, then the play is effectively a free agent. Lots will be happening behind the scenes regarding those leaving and those potentially coming in. Nothing "official" can happen until the window opens on the 14th.

Yes, I think we will let Ladapo go on a free, but unless a Championship club comes in for him or someone like Birmingham, which I think would be a good fit, we may have to give him a small pay off or accept loaning him out & paying some of his wages. However, aged 31, he might be best advised to take the free & hope for a 2 or 3 year deal somewhere.

Do players still get transfer listed? on 10:59 - Jun 9 with 1012 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

With every player (and manager) having agents touting them around, I think the idea of a formal transfer list is redundant.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Do players still get transfer listed? on 11:14 - Jun 9 with 990 viewsRadlett_blue

Do players still get transfer listed? on 10:59 - Jun 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

With every player (and manager) having agents touting them around, I think the idea of a formal transfer list is redundant.

Exactly, if a club wants to move a contracted player on these days, they will ask their favoured or the player's agent to try to find them a new club.

Login to get fewer ads

Do players still get transfer listed? on 11:16 - Jun 9 with 982 viewsSheffordBlue

Should imagine there are a variety of WhatsApp groups, etc out there as well with agents, owners, etc in them

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Do players still get transfer listed? on 12:15 - Jun 9 with 886 viewsSharkey

In the 'old days', am I right in thinking that if a player asked to go on the transfer list, he didn't get a percentage cut of the fee when he was sold, but if the club put him on the list and he was sold he was automatically entitled to a percentage (10%)?
Do players still get transfer listed? on 12:26 - Jun 9 with 864 viewsRadlett_blue

Do players still get transfer listed? on 12:15 - Jun 9 by Sharkey

In the 'old days', am I right in thinking that if a player asked to go on the transfer list, he didn't get a percentage cut of the fee when he was sold, but if the club put him on the list and he was sold he was automatically entitled to a percentage (10%)?

In the old days, the Football League used to get a 5% levy from a transfer fee & yes, the player got 5% as well, but not if he'd submitted a written transfer request.

Do players still get transfer listed? on 14:08 - Jun 9 with 758 viewsbobbyramsey

Yep, most players would appear to be "for sale" if the price is right.....
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024