Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Osborne pay packet 15:39 - Mar 9 with 1120 viewsNo9

Mr Osborne big pay rise,

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/08/george-osborne-to-be-paid-65000

To be candid I feel he should get what he can but I would damn him if he was working for others when he should have been in the HoC.

Nice work if you can get it
George Osborne pay packet on 16:20 - Mar 9 with 1075 viewsSwansea_Blue

We're all in it together.

Presumably it's a good bri.., er I mean investment for them. How much did they make from his pension reforms - presumably a lot more than £600k.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

George Osborne pay packet on 17:17 - Mar 9 with 1039 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ah!........the revolving door .

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

George Osborne pay packet on 18:43 - Mar 9 with 1016 viewsfactual_blue

George Osborne pay packet on 16:20 - Mar 9 by Swansea_Blue

We're all in it together.

Presumably it's a good bri.., er I mean investment for them. How much did they make from his pension reforms - presumably a lot more than £600k.

Let's not forget that he changed his name to avoid anti-semitic prejudice in the tory party (this has been attested to by those at St Paul's School with him). Let's not also forget his family, part of 'The Ascendancy' in Ireland, were involved in sending Irish men and women into slavery.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

George Osborne pay packet on 18:48 - Mar 9 with 1012 viewsGlasgowBlue

There should be a five year rule on former ministers taking jobs that are associated with their former briefs.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

George Osborne pay packet on 19:18 - Mar 9 with 989 viewsconnorscontract

George Osborne pay packet on 18:43 - Mar 9 by factual_blue

Let's not forget that he changed his name to avoid anti-semitic prejudice in the tory party (this has been attested to by those at St Paul's School with him). Let's not also forget his family, part of 'The Ascendancy' in Ireland, were involved in sending Irish men and women into slavery.

I fecking hate the Tories, but that's one very tenuous, and one utterly irrelevant, smear.

Let's stick with shining a light on links between Cameron's Cabinet and firms awarded huge contracts.
George Osborne pay packet on 20:48 - Mar 9 with 943 viewsvapour_trail

George Osborne pay packet on 18:48 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

There should be a five year rule on former ministers taking jobs that are associated with their former briefs.

How does that work for PMs and chancellors. It would rule them out of all jobs. I suspect that's illegal, although when we take back control we could potentially legalise their unemployability.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

George Osborne pay packet on 20:55 - Mar 9 with 937 viewsGlasgowBlue

George Osborne pay packet on 20:48 - Mar 9 by vapour_trail

How does that work for PMs and chancellors. It would rule them out of all jobs. I suspect that's illegal, although when we take back control we could potentially legalise their unemployability.

PM'S rend to go on the lecture tour, write a few books and become involved in Charity. That's what Major and Brown did.

Blair is the exception. He has advised some awful murderous dictators if they paid him enough. He had even had talks with the Trump administration.

Chancellors shouldn't go anywhere near the financial services industry for at least 5 years.

Iron Lion Zion

George Osborne pay packet on 20:59 - Mar 9 with 930 viewsvapour_trail

George Osborne pay packet on 20:55 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

PM'S rend to go on the lecture tour, write a few books and become involved in Charity. That's what Major and Brown did.

Blair is the exception. He has advised some awful murderous dictators if they paid him enough. He had even had talks with the Trump administration.

Chancellors shouldn't go anywhere near the financial services industry for at least 5 years.

Blair is a crook. He should be in prison.

A chancellors work impacts everyone, not just financial services. If he slashes taxes on the services industry and then takes an advisory position in that sector, same thing.

You can't prevent people from working.

Login to get fewer ads

George Osborne pay packet on 21:00 - Mar 9 with 927 viewsGlasgowBlue

George Osborne pay packet on 20:59 - Mar 9 by vapour_trail

Blair is a crook. He should be in prison.

A chancellors work impacts everyone, not just financial services. If he slashes taxes on the services industry and then takes an advisory position in that sector, same thing.

You can't prevent people from working.

That's why I'm limiting it to the financial services sector.

Iron Lion Zion

George Osborne pay packet on 21:02 - Mar 9 with 921 viewsvapour_trail

George Osborne pay packet on 21:00 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

That's why I'm limiting it to the financial services sector.

Hmm. Misses the point I think.

George Osborne pay packet on 21:10 - Mar 9 with 916 viewsGlasgowBlue

George Osborne pay packet on 21:02 - Mar 9 by vapour_trail

Hmm. Misses the point I think.

Not really. You can write into a contract that an employee can't work for a rival organisation for a period of time. It would be easy to impediment some similar rules for Ministers.

Iron Lion Zion

George Osborne pay packet on 22:07 - Mar 9 with 878 viewsGeoffSentence

As someone who has a pension fund managed by Blackrock I really hope he is good value for that £650k for 1 day a week.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

George Osborne pay packet on 22:24 - Mar 9 with 861 viewsvapour_trail

George Osborne pay packet on 21:10 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

Not really. You can write into a contract that an employee can't work for a rival organisation for a period of time. It would be easy to impediment some similar rules for Ministers.

Yeah yeah get all that. But the Chancellor can benefit / be a rival to every part of the economy by definition. So you make him / her unemployable.

George Osborne pay packet on 08:28 - Mar 10 with 808 viewsNo9

George Osborne pay packet on 21:10 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

"You can write into a contract that an employee can't work for a rival organisation for a period of time."

You cannot do this, as it is a restriction of trade unless, you compensate the person you wish to prevent working by paying them a full wage for the restricted period which is normally referred to as 'Gadening Leave'
George Osborne pay packet on 08:43 - Mar 10 with 801 viewsGlasgowBlue

George Osborne pay packet on 08:28 - Mar 10 by No9

"You can write into a contract that an employee can't work for a rival organisation for a period of time."

You cannot do this, as it is a restriction of trade unless, you compensate the person you wish to prevent working by paying them a full wage for the restricted period which is normally referred to as 'Gadening Leave'

Yes you can. It's called a restrictive covenant or restraint of trade clause.

Completely legal and widely used.

Iron Lion Zion

George Osborne pay packet on 08:45 - Mar 10 with 793 viewsNo9

George Osborne pay packet on 08:43 - Mar 10 by GlasgowBlue

Yes you can. It's called a restrictive covenant or restraint of trade clause.

Completely legal and widely used.

read what I rote
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024