Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect 13:16 - May 10 with 5192 viewsmonytowbray

Mick will be getting a good transfer budget this summer. No way would we let them go without replacements in mind.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:18 - May 10 with 3566 viewstractorboy1978

Got to land them though haven't we. I'd love 2/3 decent players to be lined up and in the door early. The club needs that desperately.
Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:20 - May 10 with 3542 viewsArcher4721

The replacements are already in mind here.

Emyr Huws and Dominic Samuel
[Post edited 10 May 2017 13:21]
Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:20 - May 10 with 3533 viewsRegencyBlue

There will undoubtedly be replacements in mind.

As for the transfer budget only time will tell on that!
Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:21 - May 10 with 3530 viewsGlasgowBlue

Evans has to either back or sack Mick. My worry is that he does what he did to Keane in 2010 and cut off funds making it an impossible job.

And remember, we let our top goal scorer go last year without getting in a replacement.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:23 - May 10 with 3503 viewsRegencyBlue

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:20 - May 10 by Archer4721

Don't know about Samuel but Huws still has two years on his Cardiff contract so he will command a fee.

Whether we are prepared to pay it, and that assumes no one else comes in for him, is the question.
Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:23 - May 10 with 3493 viewsDolly2.0

If they're already here they're not replacements.

I agree with Callis. Mick isn't going to make things harder for himself by leaving himself short.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:23 - May 10 with 3511 viewsitfcjoe

I think it shows the opposite, any fees and wages he'll need to spend he'll need to be generating himself - budget isn't going to be going up especially with £1m less in kitty from lack of ST sales

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:25 - May 10 with 3473 viewsArcher4721

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:23 - May 10 by RegencyBlue

Don't know about Samuel but Huws still has two years on his Cardiff contract so he will command a fee.

Whether we are prepared to pay it, and that assumes no one else comes in for him, is the question.

True and Huws will have to take a significant pay cut.
Login to get fewer ads

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:26 - May 10 with 3449 viewsArcher4721

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:23 - May 10 by Dolly2.0

If they're already here they're not replacements.

I agree with Callis. Mick isn't going to make things harder for himself by leaving himself short.

They're not our players though are they.
Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:27 - May 10 with 3441 viewsSWGF

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:23 - May 10 by itfcjoe

I think it shows the opposite, any fees and wages he'll need to spend he'll need to be generating himself - budget isn't going to be going up especially with £1m less in kitty from lack of ST sales

This is it, isn't it? Freeing up wages in the pot rather than any additional being added.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:31 - May 10 with 3398 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:23 - May 10 by itfcjoe

I thought this too, but I do have a sneaky feeling Evans will give Mick a few mil to play about with.

Poll: Best Football Song

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:32 - May 10 with 3379 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:31 - May 10 by RoyKeanesDog

I thought this too, but I do have a sneaky feeling Evans will give Mick a few mil to play about with.

As he did last year.
Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:33 - May 10 with 3374 viewsASAx

I agree that it is naturally the logical conclusion to draw.

But as we've learnt with ITFC under Evans, what is logical to us doesn't often materialise. It was logical once we got £3m for Murphy we'd spend a good proportion of that on a replacement otherwise we'd have absolutely no firepower and no player to even suit or preferred style of play.

I hope you're right.
Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:53 - May 10 with 3255 viewsmutters

I think you're right. Surely town wouldnt let players go unless we had a plan.....

(cough)

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:57 - May 10 with 3221 viewsElderGrizzly

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:27 - May 10 by SWGF

This is it, isn't it? Freeing up wages in the pot rather than any additional being added.

I wonder if this season has given Evans a scare though, so it could see him say "what do we need to do to avoid it happening again?"

As he appears to have ruled out a change of manager, the net big thing he can control is the budget.
Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 14:05 - May 10 with 3188 viewsSWGF

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 13:57 - May 10 by ElderGrizzly

I wonder if this season has given Evans a scare though, so it could see him say "what do we need to do to avoid it happening again?"

As he appears to have ruled out a change of manager, the net big thing he can control is the budget.

Let's reconvene at 11pm on Thursday August 31st.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 14:10 - May 10 with 3165 viewsTheBlueBarca

No he didnt do that at all with the Hunts, Anderson and Murphy at all... he found great like for like replacements and we pushed on the season after...

Oh wait, this is reality we are talking about. No, knowing Ipswich we probably have no real plan and a million more Leon Best's coming our way.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 14:25 - May 10 with 3092 viewschicoazul

It makes me suspect precisely the opposite and that he has been told he has to make his own savings where he can to bring people in and not expect much else. Pits Berra and Bru will all be amongst the biggest earners.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 14:26 - May 10 with 3080 viewstextbackup

Change them names for Murphy and we have last season all over again. You'd think he had a replacement lined up there too wouldn't you

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 14:35 - May 10 with 3025 viewsSuperfrans

Clearly so. As others have said, Pitman will be in a decent wage. And appears to be the kind of character who could be disruptive.

And, for that, 15 goals from 42 starts and 28 sub appearances just isn't a good enough return.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 14:35 - May 10 with 3027 viewstheipswichman

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 14:10 - May 10 by TheBlueBarca

No he didnt do that at all with the Hunts, Anderson and Murphy at all... he found great like for like replacements and we pushed on the season after...

Oh wait, this is reality we are talking about. No, knowing Ipswich we probably have no real plan and a million more Leon Best's coming our way.

Not really the same thing though, the players you are talking about were decent first team players in our most successful team for a decade where as Bru and pitman were substitutes at best who couldn't get game time.
Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 14:41 - May 10 with 2998 viewsmonty_radio

Samuel is another punt. I guess we'll have one more slightly more notable forward in mind, but when people's dreams settle on Barnsley, Rotherham players, if that to be the best reality, then no real half-decent budget is in view.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 14:42 - May 10 with 2993 viewsDoobDude

He will be getting no budget.
If there was a budget available for transfers then McCarthy would have been sacked already.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 14:44 - May 10 with 2985 viewshype313

I can't see Mick hanging around if Marcus says there is no money available, his stock is reasonably high and clubs like Hull might look at him if they go down.

So for me he has been told funds will be made available.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Letting Bru and Pitman go makes me suspect on 14:51 - May 10 with 2959 viewsJ2BLUE

Go back to last summer and people were saying the same thing.

Summer before that, same thing.

Etc.

Meaningless.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024