Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. 21:52 - Jun 30 with 21690 viewsgainsboroughblue

Seems to have flown by. Hated the law at the time but now it's difficult and bizarre to imagine it any other way.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 21:56 - Jun 30 with 10436 viewsFreddies_Ears

It hasn't done me any good. I used to avoid pubs as I hate the smell of smoke. I just spent 10 years making up for lost time at the expense of putting on about 3 stone.
10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 22:14 - Jun 30 with 10387 viewsCoastalblue

Yeah you're right, seems weird now looking back and I too hated it when it came in. Smoking on planes, that seems really fecked up now.

Almost two years without a fag for me now though :)

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 22:50 - Jun 30 with 10319 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Yep, just as I started going out to pubs.

They also increased the limit from 16 to 18 about 2 months before my 16th birthday. It's as if they didn't want me to smoke. Jokes on them because it just made me more determined and now I smash 20 a day.

Poll: Best Football Song

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 01:02 - Jul 1 with 10215 viewsblue_oyster

It certainly shows that people will generally abide by the law if they think it will be enforced.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 01:07 - Jul 1 with 10209 viewsvapour_trail

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 01:02 - Jul 1 by blue_oyster

It certainly shows that people will generally abide by the law if they think it will be enforced.

Anarchist

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 06:57 - Jul 1 with 10115 viewsBlueBadger

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 22:50 - Jun 30 by RoyKeanesDog

They also increased the limit from 16 to 18 about 2 months before my 16th birthday. It's as if they didn't want me to smoke. Jokes on them because it just made me more determined and now I smash 20 a day.

F*CK YOU BRUSSELS I'VE GOT COPD!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 08:32 - Jul 1 with 10023 viewswkj

10 year ago I was a smoker, now i puff on a very low nicotene vap box - I gotta say at the time i was horrified, but now i can see why, if i go round a mates house, one fag makes the place look like a bonfire is smouldering away
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 8:45]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 08:41 - Jul 1 with 10016 viewsWarkystache

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 08:32 - Jul 1 by wkj

10 year ago I was a smoker, now i puff on a very low nicotene vap box - I gotta say at the time i was horrified, but now i can see why, if i go round a mates house, one fag makes the place look like a bonfire is smouldering away
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 8:45]

It now feels weird to recall those days when you could have a fag in a pub.

Like some sort of illicit freedom.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Login to get fewer ads

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 09:05 - Jul 1 with 9983 viewssparks

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 08:41 - Jul 1 by Warkystache

It now feels weird to recall those days when you could have a fag in a pub.

Like some sort of illicit freedom.

Wonderful law. Now lets get rid of them from the pub gardens as well. I dont see why the rest of us should have to sit inside on a nice day to avoid the billowing smoke.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 10:43 - Jul 1 with 9912 viewsLord_Lucan

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 22:50 - Jun 30 by RoyKeanesDog

"Needless to say I had the last laugh"

Funny thing is after the ban you could smell the drains in pubs but couldn't before as the smoke masked the smell. I can't smell them any more so either they have invented a magic solution or I'm used to it.

I am in favour of a smoking ban in pubs but I just hate the man telling me what to do. The Brickies used to get so smokey that your eyes watered and your sister couldn't enter the place.

One thing that sticks out though was that when the ban came in the pub was empty as even the non smokers were outside chatting to the smokers. Non smokers are largely boring people so they had to go outside for some interesting chit chat.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 10:47 - Jul 1 with 9902 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yes, isn't the smell of p1ss so much better !?

Edit....maybe they should ban it in public spaces !
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 10:48]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 10:54 - Jul 1 with 9886 viewsLord_Lucan

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 09:05 - Jul 1 by sparks

Wonderful law. Now lets get rid of them from the pub gardens as well. I dont see why the rest of us should have to sit inside on a nice day to avoid the billowing smoke.

Sparks you have no idea how much you have wound me up. So we can't smoke in the pub - fair enough - so we go outside. And now you want to ban it outside? Where would you like us to go? You sir are nothing but a nazi.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 11:13 - Jul 1 with 9862 viewsAdmiralFunge

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 09:05 - Jul 1 by sparks

Nah, not having that.

Got no issue at all with smoking outside.

Raises a wry smile in November, when I'm indoors in the warm, and my smoking chums are huddled around one of those crappy convection heaters sucking on their rollies.

If you sit indoors to avoid cigarette smoke, you is mental.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 11:17 - Jul 1 with 9848 viewsMullet

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 11:13 - Jul 1 by AdmiralFunge

Nah, not having that.

Got no issue at all with smoking outside.

Raises a wry smile in November, when I'm indoors in the warm, and my smoking chums are huddled around one of those crappy convection heaters sucking on their rollies.

If you sit indoors to avoid cigarette smoke, you is mental.

People huffing those perfumed robot dicks are worse.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 11:20 - Jul 1 with 9839 viewsLord_Lucan

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 11:17 - Jul 1 by Mullet

People huffing those perfumed robot dicks are worse.

I agree, I find them offensive.

Some bloke down the pub has got one the size of a brick and when he gives it a puff he completely fills the pub garden with about 10 cubic meters of strawberry smoke.

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 11:23 - Jul 1 with 9822 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 11:20 - Jul 1 by Lord_Lucan

Some bloke down the pub has got one the size of a brick and when he gives it a puff he completely fills the pub garden with about 10 cubic meters of strawberry smoke.

completely agree, either smoke your fags or give up like a real man
10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 11:39 - Jul 1 with 9790 viewsRoyKeanesDog

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 11:20 - Jul 1 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not against them, but I find vaping enthusiasts baffling.

I've seen people comparing their candy floss and roasted raspberry flavoured capsules as if they were at a wine tasting summit.

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 11:55 - Jul 1 with 9762 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 11:23 - Jul 1 by FrowsyArmLarry

completely agree, either smoke your fags or give up like a real man

I knew you were a mock ironic comedy creation....nobody can really be this macho surely !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 12:01 - Jul 1 with 9745 viewssparks

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 10:54 - Jul 1 by Lord_Lucan

Sparks you have no idea how much you have wound me up. So we can't smoke in the pub - fair enough - so we go outside. And now you want to ban it outside? Where would you like us to go? You sir are nothing but a nazi.

Your entitlement to do stuff sureley shoudl cease where it impinges on other people?

Sitting outside with the kids for a pub meal in the summer is often spoiled by the wafts of smoke from neighbouring tables.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 12:02]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 12:05 - Jul 1 with 9736 viewsLord_Lucan

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 12:01 - Jul 1 by sparks

Your entitlement to do stuff sureley shoudl cease where it impinges on other people?

Sitting outside with the kids for a pub meal in the summer is often spoiled by the wafts of smoke from neighbouring tables.

Would I moan if your fat gut impinged on my ability to get to the bar?

Personally I don't think women or non smokers should be allowed in a pub but I suppose that's another subject.

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 12:10 - Jul 1 with 9718 viewsRoyKeanesDog

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 12:01 - Jul 1 by sparks

Sit inside then you big girls' blouse.

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 12:14 - Jul 1 with 9710 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 11:55 - Jul 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

I knew you were a mock ironic comedy creation....nobody can really be this macho surely !

I meant the giving up bit really. Just suck up the pain for a few months.
10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 12:40 - Jul 1 with 9670 viewsGeoffSentence

Smoking rooms at work. Looking back they seem completely bizarre. So thick with fumes that you could barely see to the other side and a company sanctioned space for copping off work.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 13:22 - Jul 1 with 9610 viewssparks

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 12:05 - Jul 1 by Lord_Lucan

Would I moan if your fat gut impinged on my ability to get to the bar?

Personally I don't think women or non smokers should be allowed in a pub but I suppose that's another subject.

I imagine you would- yes.

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 13:23 - Jul 1 with 9607 viewssparks

10 years ago to the day since I last had a smoke in a (British) pub. on 12:10 - Jul 1 by RoyKeanesDog

Sit inside then you big girls' blouse.

Have some consideration for others then... Basic human civility.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024