Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge 12:43 - Jul 30 with 2390 viewsCoco

Available to us from an amazing generation of footballers. The boys from the 70s and 80s are getting older and after them we only have a handful of ex players of genuine class. Are we utilising this enough? Shouldn't we be giving ex legends like Warky, Butch, Burley, Mariner, Hunter et al more positions of authority and influence? Just seems we are missing a trick that will soon be gone to us. Im sure im talking crap as per usual though.

As you were.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 13:03 - Jul 30 with 2331 viewshomer_123

Football is a business now....suspect it's not remotely similar to 'those days'. Sadly.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 13:06 - Jul 30 with 2325 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The interviews I've seen with ex players mostly say about how mick does a good job on such a small budget..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 13:11 - Jul 30 with 2305 viewsmadmouse1959

McCarthy runs the show, so no room for ex legends. The club is run on a shoe string and we are expected to believe the new signings will combine nicely alongside some of last seasons failed players. The pre season displays and crushing result at Charlton suggest McCarthy does not know his best team. Someone must inform McCarthy we can not use 6 substitutions in Championship games !!!

shampoo dave

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 13:12 - Jul 30 with 2302 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 13:11 - Jul 30 by madmouse1959

McCarthy runs the show, so no room for ex legends. The club is run on a shoe string and we are expected to believe the new signings will combine nicely alongside some of last seasons failed players. The pre season displays and crushing result at Charlton suggest McCarthy does not know his best team. Someone must inform McCarthy we can not use 6 substitutions in Championship games !!!

He makes changes in pre season like every other manager does and even that gets used as a stick to beat him with.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 13:17 - Jul 30 with 2278 viewsPJH

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 13:03 - Jul 30 by homer_123

Football is a business now....suspect it's not remotely similar to 'those days'. Sadly.

It was certainly not changed for the better.
I think/believe that almost everything in 1970's football was better than today.

I don't think my belief is just down to nostalgia, it is a genuine belief.
We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 13:19 - Jul 30 with 2257 viewsLankHenners

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 13:12 - Jul 30 by The_Romford_Blue

He makes changes in pre season like every other manager does and even that gets used as a stick to beat him with.

Quite. This is how people end up complaining about others being 'MM lovers' and all the rest. Someone posts something devoid of facts and reasoning, gets told they're being daft, and then a load of people go off about 'oh, so I guess you're happy about the way the club is run' etc.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 13:46 - Jul 30 with 2197 viewsCoco

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 13:03 - Jul 30 by homer_123

Yet many of the mega clubs have a legend involved in some capacity.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 14:05 - Jul 30 with 2167 viewsTractorWood

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 13:17 - Jul 30 by PJH

It was certainly not changed for the better.
I think/believe that almost everything in 1970's football was better than today.

I don't think my belief is just down to nostalgia, it is a genuine belief.

Apart from stadium safety and hooliganism, which have clearly improved even if the atmosphere is far more sanitised.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 14:09 - Jul 30 with 2158 viewshomer_123

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 13:46 - Jul 30 by Coco

Yet many of the mega clubs have a legend involved in some capacity.

Mainly as either club ambassadors or match day meet and greets.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 14:33 - Jul 30 with 2106 viewsstevieg

I think your missing the root of the problems. It's not going to make any significant difference to change the manager while Marcus Evans is at our Club. Get rid of him and we might just start to see things going in the right direction
We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 15:55 - Jul 30 with 2021 viewsCoco

We have an incredible wealth of footballing knowledge on 14:33 - Jul 30 by stevieg

I think your missing the root of the problems. It's not going to make any significant difference to change the manager while Marcus Evans is at our Club. Get rid of him and we might just start to see things going in the right direction

Hence the need for someone from tue good old days to be a guiding voice in his ear. Rather than harry bloody redknapp.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024