Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How the USA v NK situation will pan out 11:31 - Aug 12 with 5737 viewsThisIsMyUsername

1) Neither Trump or Park Ji Sung want a war. Trump isn't quite stupid enough to not realise that a war (nuclear or otherwise) would not be a good thing. However crazy KJU is he will know that any physical action would be the death of his country.

2) Both of them are just ramping up the comments to try to be the one who holds the most face.

3) It will be sorted out via talks and Trump will claim it as a 'fantastic victory for US diplomacy in the face of a dangerous and real threat'.

In the words of Bruno, no big deal votever.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 11:41 - Aug 12 with 5151 viewsJ2BLUE

Park Ji Sung is South Korean and on Trump's side.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 11:42 - Aug 12 with 5143 viewsThisIsMyUsername

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 11:41 - Aug 12 by J2BLUE

There's always one....

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 11:45 - Aug 12 with 5131 viewsCoco

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 11:42 - Aug 12 by ThisIsMyUsername

There's always one....

He has a point though.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 11:46 - Aug 12 with 5127 viewsThisIsMyUsername

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 11:45 - Aug 12 by Coco

He has a point though.

There's always two....

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 13:54 - Aug 12 with 5005 viewsLord_Lucan

Mmmm

Actually I think Trump might flatten the place, to be honest if there is one country when there is a legitimate reason for regime change it is N Korea.

Getting rid of the dictatorship there should result in a relatively easy aftermath as the S Koreans would embrace their brothers much like what happened in E / W Germany.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 14:01 - Aug 12 with 4986 viewsGuthrum

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 13:54 - Aug 12 by Lord_Lucan

Mmmm

Actually I think Trump might flatten the place, to be honest if there is one country when there is a legitimate reason for regime change it is N Korea.

Getting rid of the dictatorship there should result in a relatively easy aftermath as the S Koreans would embrace their brothers much like what happened in E / W Germany.

You mean the financial strain which nearly took down the West German economy? This would be ten times worse than that. South Korea doesn't really want the North unless a heck of a lot of reconstruction (paid for by someone else) has been done first.

In any case, the Chinese would not be happy at having a US ally, potentially with troops stationed, on the Yalu River.

Probably the best hope is a Chinese-sponsored coup, followed by a Beijing-sponsored (and much less aggressive) puppet regime. Especially if a refugee crisis can also be avoided.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 14:03 - Aug 12 with 4980 viewsJ2BLUE

Mmmm

He's not going to go peacefully though is he? The second America make their move he's going to target Japan, South Korea, Guam etc.

I hope America go it alone if they're going to do it. Or do it with South Korea. I'm sure we'll be involved though because we Trump and Trump needs allies so it doesn't look like the US acting alone.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 14:05 - Aug 12 with 4969 viewsLuk38644

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 14:03 - Aug 12 by J2BLUE

He's not going to go peacefully though is he? The second America make their move he's going to target Japan, South Korea, Guam etc.

I hope America go it alone if they're going to do it. Or do it with South Korea. I'm sure we'll be involved though because we Trump and Trump needs allies so it doesn't look like the US acting alone.

We won't get involved, we would be stupid to if we do.

This is an issue for Japan, South Korea, US, China and North Korea to sort out.
Login to get fewer ads

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 14:06 - Aug 12 with 4958 viewsGuthrum

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 11:41 - Aug 12 by J2BLUE

I think he means Park Geun Hye (who has now been succeeded by Moon Jae In), not Ji Sung.

Put the point is, the South Koreans do not want a war. Their backing would be vital for any US military action (use of bases, being on the receiving end of reprisals).

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 14:07 - Aug 12 with 4954 viewsGuthrum

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 14:05 - Aug 12 by Luk38644

We won't get involved, we would be stupid to if we do.

This is an issue for Japan, South Korea, US, China and North Korea to sort out.

Moreover we haven't got the resources in the region.

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 14:22 - Aug 12 with 4900 viewsElderGrizzly

War or impeachment. What will come first?

There are meant to be big moves on the Russia investigation this week from Mueller, so this sabre rattling will continue to try and distract
How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 14:25 - Aug 12 with 4888 viewsElderGrizzly

We won't be involved. Not a chance.

It won't get that far anyway, but if anyone gets involved it will be South Korea and Russia. China in a difficult position
How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 15:00 - Aug 12 with 4827 viewsThisIsMyUsername

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 14:06 - Aug 12 by Guthrum

I think he means Park Geun Hye (who has now been succeeded by Moon Jae In), not Ji Sung.

Put the point is, the South Koreans do not want a war. Their backing would be vital for any US military action (use of bases, being on the receiving end of reprisals).

No I meant Park Ji Sung, but I'm glad I've started a serious discussion around the issue.

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 16:25 - Aug 12 with 4744 viewsLord_Lucan

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 14:01 - Aug 12 by Guthrum

You mean the financial strain which nearly took down the West German economy? This would be ten times worse than that. South Korea doesn't really want the North unless a heck of a lot of reconstruction (paid for by someone else) has been done first.

In any case, the Chinese would not be happy at having a US ally, potentially with troops stationed, on the Yalu River.

Probably the best hope is a Chinese-sponsored coup, followed by a Beijing-sponsored (and much less aggressive) puppet regime. Especially if a refugee crisis can also be avoided.

I appreciate you know your stuff Gunthrum but I disagree with you. I think The Yanks would be more than willing to fund a Korea revival and I also think the Korean people as a whole would love it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 18:42 - Aug 12 with 4656 viewsconnorscontract

How many long range missiles do you think they've got?

They've test fired longer range missiles, and say that they've miniaturized a warhead, but haven't test fired a missile and warhead.

Strategically, now is possibly the last opportunity to stop them before they do that and go into full production.

KJU is a psychopath who had his Uncle executed recently and has invented the new form of execution of literally obliterating all traces of people off the earth by firing Anti-Aircraft guns at them at close range. So if he says he is going to attack Guam, it would be unwise to assume he wouldn't.

North Korea is now playing with technology at a similar level to that which precipitated the Cuba Missile Crisis. Since then the US military has been working on various Anti-missile defence systems, and got to use them during the conflicts with Saddam Hussein. If he launches at Guam, the US will have a relatively long time to track and destroy the missile. If he launches at South Korea, from close to the border, it would be more difficult. . A conventional artillery barrage on South Korea is actually the most dangerous action: it couldn't be intercepted and would create huge destruction. And it would demand a response from the South Koreans.

As others say above, a coup from within (unlikely, as credible candidates have been obliterated) or without (please, China, please) may be the only way to avoid a massively destabilising conflict. Hundreds of thousands of people could die.

And it suits Trump to move to a war footing because it would put the Russia investigation on ice.

Two Presidents who each have a need to look and act tough are backing each other into a corner. Deeply worrying times.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 19:06]
How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 20:54 - Aug 12 with 4581 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Of more concern to me is the situation in East India/Bhutan where the Chinese and Indians are squaring up.

The NK situation will be resolved I think without all hell breaking lose. Lots of bluff and bluster.

BOT

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 21:10 - Aug 12 with 4561 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 14:25 - Aug 12 by ElderGrizzly

We won't be involved. Not a chance.

It won't get that far anyway, but if anyone gets involved it will be South Korea and Russia. China in a difficult position

No peace treaty was ever signed, only an armistice to cease hostilities, so, the Korean war has never officially ended. That was in 1953, The UK were major combatants then, so we would in someway be involved in any future military action.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 21:58 - Aug 12 with 4538 viewsChe

Mmmm

So it's ok to kill 25 million people and destroy their country because you don't like them?
How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 22:08 - Aug 12 with 4522 viewsLord_Lucan

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 21:58 - Aug 12 by Che

So it's ok to kill 25 million people and destroy their country because you don't like them?

When have I suggested killing 25m people?

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 23:17 - Aug 12 with 4477 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 22:08 - Aug 12 by Lord_Lucan

When have I suggested killing 25m people?

North Korea has nearly 6 million military personnel, roughly a quarter of the population. The only way to effectively defeat them would be nuclear weapons. That, however, won,t happen. Kim jung uns regime will eventually collapse, they have relied on cheap fuel & other basics from China & before that, the former Soviet Union. China will, in time, be responsible for the demise of the Kim dynasty, until then, the blustering & rhetoric will continue.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 23:21 - Aug 12 with 4469 viewswkj

I have the feleing both Trump and Un want to drop a nuke on something, and they are loving this stand off as their ambitions may well be met- Un will see Guam as a target to punish the USA and Trump will see Un's actions as permision to push the button

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 00:23 - Aug 13 with 4431 viewsSarge

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 15:00 - Aug 12 by ThisIsMyUsername

No I meant Park Ji Sung, but I'm glad I've started a serious discussion around the issue.

Well I thought it was funny anyway
How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 00:33 - Aug 13 with 4419 viewsjeera

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 21:58 - Aug 12 by Che

With your username?

Really?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 00:36 - Aug 13 with 4414 viewsmos

China is the swinging point.

They have relations with NK. They've been supplying NK with resources to build these ICBM (Inter-continenta-ballistic-missiles) so that NK can try and match America's armoury (though, America has a much stronger arsenal). Recently NK made advancements in their missiles, they can now reach Alaska from NK. Though, it has a slim chance of being a successful strike on Alaska, as a lot of things can intervene the missile.

China supports North Korea hugely, IMO it's all about trying to win them over, or come to some sort of peaceful end. China also have massive control over Vietnam, Vietnam's government is hugely dictated by the Chinese. In some cases, they're bribed.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 01:14 - Aug 13 with 4387 viewsMVBlue

How the USA v NK situation will pan out on 18:42 - Aug 12 by connorscontract

How many long range missiles do you think they've got?

They've test fired longer range missiles, and say that they've miniaturized a warhead, but haven't test fired a missile and warhead.

Strategically, now is possibly the last opportunity to stop them before they do that and go into full production.

KJU is a psychopath who had his Uncle executed recently and has invented the new form of execution of literally obliterating all traces of people off the earth by firing Anti-Aircraft guns at them at close range. So if he says he is going to attack Guam, it would be unwise to assume he wouldn't.

North Korea is now playing with technology at a similar level to that which precipitated the Cuba Missile Crisis. Since then the US military has been working on various Anti-missile defence systems, and got to use them during the conflicts with Saddam Hussein. If he launches at Guam, the US will have a relatively long time to track and destroy the missile. If he launches at South Korea, from close to the border, it would be more difficult. . A conventional artillery barrage on South Korea is actually the most dangerous action: it couldn't be intercepted and would create huge destruction. And it would demand a response from the South Koreans.

As others say above, a coup from within (unlikely, as credible candidates have been obliterated) or without (please, China, please) may be the only way to avoid a massively destabilising conflict. Hundreds of thousands of people could die.

And it suits Trump to move to a war footing because it would put the Russia investigation on ice.

Two Presidents who each have a need to look and act tough are backing each other into a corner. Deeply worrying times.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 19:06]

"As others say above, a coup from within (unlikely, as credible candidates have been obliterated) or without (please, China, please)"

So some people are begging China to come forward, take the leadership role and end the potential conflict. Interesting...

Step forward China and assume world leadership from the U.S... sooner than anticipated...

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024